Sign in to follow this  
Anderz

Hux, The Doc AND Neon Leon?

If we were to play Safri, Holt and Francis in the diamond formation, couldn''t we put Leon just behind Docherty and Hux? A tad attacking, but Leon doesn''t seemed to mind tracking back, and rather than actually tackling players, he could be made to channel the opposing players towards the 3 aforementioned ballwinners WHILST providing another attacking option besides Hux and Docherty. That way we''d have an extra man in and around the area for knockdowns and pullbacks beside Docherty who wouldn''t then be needing to hurtle into the box at the rate of knots that he is sadly lacking. The best form of defence is apparently to attack, so what do you guys and ladies think..? Too attacking or just about right?

Could see McVeigh, Jonson, Bentley, Jarvo or Hendo doing a similar job, but I''d prefer to see Leon given the chance over the others initially if the idea was utilised...

It becomes a variation on a 4-3-3 which I feel would mean we play too narrowly allowing a threat down the flanks - both Eddie and Drury had poor games on Sun in part due to lack of cover.

However as with most of the formations suggested we now have the players to actually make them a realistic possibility!

Still prefer my 4-2-3-1 overall but thats what being a fan/manager is all about -opinions.

OTBC

hi anderz good to see someone else has the same opinion as me we could use it as a x-mas tree formation (4-3-2-1) with doc at the tip hux left attacking mid and leon on the rightish. this is hux''s most effective position and when he goes on one of his runs he would actually have support i.e. the chance leon had at the end of spurs game.

This is without a doubt the best formation we could possibly have would possibly have bentley in, instead of holt. This was the formation when nigel threw caution to the wind at the end of last season and wow  didn''t it work and entertain.

There is no doubt in my mind that given a couple of chances leon would put one away just give him the chance please nige