Sign in to follow this  
No Quarter

F.A.O "young" supporters - keep the faith......

I, being mid thirties, am proud to have experienced the things that made NCFC great.  The Milk Cup run and eventual success, the various FA cup runs and semi finals, standing in the Barclay, the Walker years when we finished 3rd in the Premiership, the play off''s and eventual promotion (before the rot really set in).  That''s why I continue to attend at Carrow Road I suppose.  They are the things that got me hooked.  However, the "young" supporters, and there''s a lot of them, have experienced none of this (maybe promotion).  All I can say is well done for still attending, and keep in there.  One day, I pray, you''ll experience some of the things us slightly older heads have done in the past.  

Why thank you, No Quarter.

I still do think we will get promotion, if we get a good manager, not bloomin'' Hasslebaink!!!

Been going to watch Norwich since I was 5 (ten years) Promotion, play off finals and the Premier League were amazing experiences.  One day, I hope to see Norwich lift the FA Cup or get into Europe, however, things look bleak.  You can''t (well you can kinda) blame young people for supporting teams like Man U and Chelsea, people want to win and Norwich simply fail to grasp that concept.  There isn''t much for a young person to look forward to in the future of Norwich City Football Club, dire financial difficulties, clueless owner with a reluctance to sell up and a rift between fans (Pro and Against Delia) that I have not seen at another club.There are problems, people moan yet seem to be unwilling to do anything.  Maybe now is not the time, however I fear that if we fail to get out of this League this year, things will get a whole lot worse and the likelihood of people like me ever witness the likes of Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea will be slipping away rapidly.  It really does show how low the club has sunk when in 15 years, we have gone from a good Permiership team to a bottom half Championship team, to a relegation battling Premiership team to a team that looks as if it will struggle in the third division of English football.  I hope I can witness the things you have however those hopes are fading into dreams that look never possible.

Football goes in cycles.  Back in the 50s we were at the BOTTOM of the 3rd Division South - and had to be re-elected (there was no 4th division and no automatic relegation from the league).  Burnley had years in the 4th division - prior to that they were winning major honours and they are back in the prem.  So will we be one day - its not if but when

And thats probably why I cant get too worked up over Delia - can anyone remember the Chairman / majority shareholder when we faced re-election?  No.  Likewise future fans of our club will only look on DS as being a minor footnote

Indeed No Quarter and it''s frightening to think that although I am quite old (50 to be precise) I can remember the good times and there were many of them, but sadly, most of them were quite a while ago.

My children, both in their 20s were introduced to the club in the early 90s. Lucky them. They both remember what we used to be and echo my despair over what we have become.

My grand daughter is a mere baby and she is yet to be introduced to NCFC. What can we promise her, if indeed anything, a rollercoaster ride (as is the fate which has befallen our club for the past 15 years or so? Hope for a bright new future, or further painful years when we could carry on descending the leagues?

It''s been quite a week for NCFC, even by our sorry standards during Delia''s regime. Perhaps a trifle optimistically I hope that good can come out of some of it. For the future generations of supporters of our (once) great club, the current board have to get the next managerial appointment right.

my lad is 9 yrs old....and he supports NCFC as i do(got to get them young(no rude comments please!!!) he nearly cried today when the mighty Exeter scored...what have i introduced him to???