Sign in to follow this  
Nasium

Something strange is starting to happen!

Hello All,

I''ve supported City for over 30 years now. I used to be a season ticket holder when I lived in East Anglia, but have been exiled in the East Midlands since 1995. Mind you, I still get to see plenty of the lads at Forest, Derby, Coventry, West Brom, Walsall, Stoke, Sheffield United, and Bradford all within decent travelling distance.

Bearing in mind the only real way I can usually keep up with the latest at Carrow Road from here in Nottingham is by logging onto the pinkun.com or canaries.co.uk. However I have been staggered at the noticeable increase in national press, tv and radio coverage of our boys in the last couple of weeks. Football people round here are starting to talk about us all of a sudden. For instance there''s a football phone-in on one of our local radio stations Century FM, and even Forest fans are suffering from the ''green-eyed monster'' at how ''their player'' last year is now doing so well at Carrow Road. Then there are multiple threads on the "Nationwide Player Of The Month" and "Man Of The Moment" Darren Huckerby in this forum, and on other football message boards.

All in all it seems we haven''t really had this level of interest in Norwich City for arguably a decade (fond memories of our UEFA Cup campaign) or probably longer. And in Darren Huckerby, no one player has created more conversation and interest in the club since goodness knows when. I remember getting rather excited when Martin Peters came to play with us in the 70''s. (Showing my age now!)

Can you honestly think of another time in our history when so much has been talked about one of our players? When was our club last casting a lengthy shadow, not only across Portallo Road, but the rest of the country?

Onwards and upwards.

Tim

Thoroughly agree with you but the problem is that the more publicity Huckerby gets the more chance we have of losing him cos other clubs especially in the Premiership will be alerted to his fine form and we will have no chance thats if we have any chance at all anyway. At the end of the day we could become victims of our own success and end up a mid table team once loanees have left.

we could, but Hucks is happy here and more likely to sign for us than other division one clubs and hopefully no rich prem club will come in - they didn''t sign him before he came to us, I know he has done well with us, but maybe they think he isn''t quite good enough for the Prem.

The publicity is just telling the board what a lot of us are trying to. This is your best chance to get to the Premiership, sign him or regret it.

to the original post, I don''t remember anyone since maybe Eadie getting this sort of attention. Good, it all helps, and it should convince the board to buy him so we cash in on the talent, not someone else.