Sign in to follow this  
Gentleman Jim

Will David McNally find us another Roy Hodgson ?

"David McNally is credited with attracting Roy Hodgson to the cottage, and an instrumental part behind the scenes, in Fulham''s survival"

That was a typical quote when McNally resigned from his post at Fulham.

Nobody can justly decry Hodgson''s performance and success with the, then ailing, London Club. His quiet non-chest-thumping style  would be welcome to City fans after the" big-I-am rhetoric " we have suffered under Grant and Roeder.

I think that McNally already had a similar type man in mind when he sacked Gunny, I don''t think he is a knee jerk reactionist , was well prepared and has already actioned this new appointment.

The man who would fit the above criteria and is uppermost in McNally''s mind is Steve Coppell, and I am sure he would put us back in the higher reaches of football !

[quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

and is uppermost in McNally''s mind is Steve Coppell, and I am sure he would put us back in the higher reaches of football !

[/quote]

You sound very sure of that... how do you know?

Coppell is my top pick too.  He did real good at Reading.  His name will also help for new signings. I don''t think we need to play direct football to get out of this league.  The only question is his price tag! 

[quote user="Thai Canary"]
Coppell is my top pick too.  He did real good at Reading.  His name will also help for new signings. I don''t think we need to play direct football to get out of this league.  The only question is his price tag! [/quote]Where is all the monwy going to come from to bring in new players?. We have already brought in 12 on contracts.

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="Gentleman Jim"]

and is uppermost in McNally''s mind is Steve Coppell, and I am sure he would put us back in the higher reaches of football !

[/quote]

You sound very sure of that... how do you know? [/quote]

I don''t know of course, I dont have one of those "reliable sources" , it''s just that I feel that''s just the type he would go for,  Coppel is about the only one of that kind currently not employed . . . .

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."][quote user="swindoncanary"]

Dave Bassett.

[/quote]

I''d have thought he had been out of the game too long, I would not be impressed with him.  Not sure about Jewell.  Coppell would be great though.

[/quote]

LOL... I assume that''s a joke anyway!!

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Thai Canary"]
Coppell is my top pick too.  He did real good at Reading.  His name will also help for new signings. I don''t think we need to play direct football to get out of this league.  The only question is his price tag! [/quote]Where is all the monwy going to come from to bring in new players?. We have already brought in 12 on contracts.[/quote]

Maybe the appointment of a new manager/coach also involves new ownership and investment.....I wish.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Thai Canary"]Coppell is my top pick too.  He did real good at Reading.  His name will also help for new signings. I don''t think we need to play direct football to get out of this league.  The only question is his price tag! [/quote]Where is all the monwy going to come from to bring in new players?. We have already brought in 12 on contracts.[/quote] I mean in the future, probably In January or after selling Nelson & Semmy.  

Am I completely wrong, or did Coppell resign from Reading as he''d had enough of football? Surely he''s sunning himself in the Caribbean at the moment?

Oh, and whoever mentioned Bassett, you must either mad or jokng?!

As for Jewell, he would be a very good option. Better than JFH, quite clearly. And again like Boothroyd has experienced success.

I wasn''t impressed with Jewell''s tenure at Derby.

I''m sure he sees himself at Championship level or higher so I doubt if he''d come here anyway.

I''m sure Coppell has had enough but I''m not sure he would be the right man for our situation anyhow.

Strachan with the right coaching staff including Dion? Now that would be my choice!!!

Perhaps Coppell has had his break and would come back re-charged. Certainly a good bet if we could get him .... but I have my doubts.

Of course there is also the other Fulham connection ..... Keegan! We would just have to find an investor with very deep pockets.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]Sorry, re read it... You said Dave, not Mike![/quote]

Remember Mike Bassett won the Mr Clutch Cup

Previous history shows that the nearest we will get to Coppell is Cop-out !!   I live in hope though.