Sign in to follow this  
Rocky Rocastle

McNally: No Respect

I know we''re very much moving on and lets hope the week ahead is the start of something special at Carrow Road.

One thing that''s been on my mind is the manner in which Gunn was dismissed. Not the when, but the how.

The guy has been involved with the club for many years, is a legend and I think deserved better. However we rate him as a manager (I think most of us don''t) most of us would rate him him as a legend.

I know McNally has a big ego and clearly wanted to make his mark, but why on earth didn''t McNally approach Gunn and give Gunn the option to step aside gracefully publicly declaring that he felt the club needed an experienced manager (much like Ricky Sbragia @ Sunderland).

Maybe he did/maybe he didn''t? or maybe Gunn was given the option but declined (I doubt it)? but I for one would have rather seen Gunn at a press conference step aside for the good of the club and preserve his legendary status....

Does anyone know if this was considered as an option?

When the dust settles I''d welcome Gunn back to Carrow Road as a fan any day.

I imagine something more severe has happened behind the scenes, talks of changing room bust-ups, the team staying away from home midweek, not talking to media etc.

Somethings not quite right, and they''re trying to keep it out of the spotlight.

Watch this space is all i can think right now, not that we''ll be told anything of course! :/

TBH it''s about time we had someone who told it like it is.

Gunn was blatantly not up to the job as manager. At least he has seen fit to sort it now rather than in 15 games time when it might have been too late!

These against McNally posts are really starting to get on my wick now.

Nobody was happy with Doncaster and his all talk no action, we now have a no nonsense businessman making decisions and your still not happy its ridiculous.

[quote user="Lenny-boy"]He is Deliar''s mouthpiece and will turn out to be as hated as doncaster.

Gordon Bennett !![/quote]

Idiot, clueless.

We finally get a CEO with some balls and still people whine and whinge. If Gunny liked his legend(an overused word)status then he should never have taken the managers job,he knew it would end in tears.

Inchy and Barclayman[Y][Y] Some people are never happy.We could be sitting on top of the Prem,and people would moan about our goal difference.Ho.hum!!

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"] I know McNally has a big ego...[/quote]

Do you? Can''t say that I have read much about him being egotistical...

Yes I feel this also.There is no logic to the timing so it must have been gross indicipline/loosing the squad or somthing along those lines.You do not get of people at such times even sunday would have been a better time.

This club isn''t a flippin'' The WI.  It was about time someone appeared with some backbone and said it like it was, without any sentiment.  Ironically appointed by Delia

[quote user="Totally Mad"]This club isn''t a flippin'' The WI.  It was about time someone appeared with some backbone and said it like it was, without any sentiment.  Ironically appointed by Delia
[/quote]

There''s no sentiment in buisness........as I expect Delia to find out later this year.[;)]

[quote user="foggo7"]why would gunn step aside and lose his severance pay[/quote]Exactly he wouldn''t want to lose his lovely chunk of compensation

Sorry Rocky but this time I''m doing to have to disagree with your sentiment. Bryan had 19 games to sort it out last season and failed miserably. He insisted upon trying to right a wrong and wanted to stay on as manager, this despite the fact that the world and his dog thinking he wasn''t up to the job. Therefore, being a football legend isn''t enough, sometimes you have to realise you''re not up to the job you''re trying to do.

Personally, I think this isn''t just about McNally, it''s also the Alan Bowkett and Stephan Phillips influence coming though and if anyone really doubts that, just ask yourself, "do you think Gunny would still be manager if it was just down to Delia and the two Michaels on the Board?" My guess, in most cases, people would be answering "yes" to that question.  

[quote user="IncH_HigH"]We finally get a CEO with some balls and still people whine and whinge. If Gunny liked his legend(an overused word)status then he should never have taken the managers job,he knew it would end in tears.
[/quote]

And maybe the club should have never agreed to it, just the other side to the coin.