Sign in to follow this  
steve b

DELIA SELLS?

I had a text late last night saying Delia is about to sell 90% of the club, i would think Foulger will be the buyer if this turns out to be true, also i think this would clear a lot of stuff up about the timing of the Gunn decision, wait and see i suppose!

[quote user="steve o"]I had a text late last night saying Delia is about to sell 90% of the club, i would think Foulger will be the buyer if this turns out to be true, also i think this would clear a lot of stuff up about the timing of the Gunn decision, wait and see i suppose![/quote]I know it''s frowned upon to bring facts into any discussion, but Delia can''t sell 90 per cent of the club because she doesn''t own 90 per cent of the club.

[quote user="Downloads"]

90% of her shares? She doesn''t own 90% of the club?

A text from who?

Would be too good to be true...

[/quote]yes sorry the text read 90% of her stake!, was just from a mate but you get the drift, i agree sounds to good to be true but like i said we''ll just have to wait and see!

If true, 90% of 62% is just over 55% of the total shareholding of the Club and would, therefore, require the potential buyer to make an offer for the remaining shares in the Club.

I was told yesterday by a mate that she was selling 75% of her stake. The mate in question has never started a rumour before, but I am unsure as to how he would know this if it was true

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I was told yesterday by a mate that she was selling 75% of her stake. The mate in question has never started a rumour before, but I am unsure as to how he would know this if it was true[/quote]Without giving this any credence, that would be an odd percentage to sell, under the circumstances.

[quote user="steve o"]I had a text late last night saying Delia is about to sell 90% of the club, i would think Foulger will be the buyer if this turns out to be true, also i think this would clear a lot of stuff up about the timing of the Gunn decision, wait and see i suppose![/quote]

Personally I can''t see it being Foulger, he''s rich, but no richer IMO than Delia, so what really would be the point?  I knew before it was released in the paper that he had sold part of his business (but didn''t know for how much) at BP, which is most likely where the money came from to put towards the kitty.

I would hazzard a guess that your friend who text you had far too much to drink lol.  But i''d me more than happy to be proven totally wrong.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="steve o"]I had a text late last night saying Delia is about to sell 90% of the club, i would think Foulger will be the buyer if this turns out to be true, also i think this would clear a lot of stuff up about the timing of the Gunn decision, wait and see i suppose![/quote]

I know it''s frowned upon to bring facts into any discussion, but Delia can''t sell 90 per cent of the club because she doesn''t own 90 per cent of the club.[/quote]

Purple Canary is on the right track. There is a bunch of old scallywags at the club who sit in the City Stand and have had enough of what is going on. The sacking of Gunn was delayed as they all had to be contacted to confirm their  financial commitments to buying the Club from Delia. The backing Foulger got re season ticket refunds has convinced the scallywags that the majority of the shareholders who own shares, other than Delia, will not require to be paid out on a takeover.

[quote user="Bobert"]

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="steve o"]I had a text late last night saying Delia is about to sell 90% of the club, i would think Foulger will be the buyer if this turns out to be true, also i think this would clear a lot of stuff up about the timing of the Gunn decision, wait and see i suppose![/quote]

I know it''s frowned upon to bring facts into any discussion, but Delia can''t sell 90 per cent of the club because she doesn''t own 90 per cent of the club.[/quote]

Purple Canary is on the right track. There is a bunch of old scallywags at the club who sit in the City Stand and have had enough of what is going on. The sacking of Gunn was delayed as they all had to be contacted to confirm their  financial commitments to buying the Club from Delia. The backing Foulger got re season ticket refunds has convinced the scallywags that the majority of the shareholders who own shares, other than Delia, will not require to be paid out on a takeover.

[/quote]

So you are saying there is a takeover on the books?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="steve o"]I had a text late last night saying Delia is about to sell 90% of the club, i would think Foulger will be the buyer if this turns out to be true, also i think this would clear a lot of stuff up about the timing of the Gunn decision, wait and see i suppose![/quote]

Personally I can''t see it being Foulger, he''s rich, but no richer IMO than Delia, so what really would be the point?  I knew before it was released in the paper that he had sold part of his business (but didn''t know for how much) at BP, which is most likely where the money came from to put towards the kitty.

I would hazzard a guess that your friend who text you had far too much to drink lol.  But i''d me more than happy to be proven totally wrong.

[/quote]no definitely not, he is a detective in the counter terrorism department and is on a job in wales at the moment, he also told me on the day the fixtures were released at 7am that we were at home to colchester. lets hope you are proved totally wrong, we can all live in hope!

[quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]no definitely not, he is a detective in the counter terrorism department and is on a job in wales at the moment, he also told me on the day the fixtures were released at 7am that we were at home to colchester. lets hope you are proved totally wrong, we can all live in hope![/quote]

Erm I was joking about your mate, hence the ''''lol''''.

I stick by my bit about Foulger.

[quote user="Downloads"]I hate having my hopes constantly raised like this   lol[/quote]

Which is why I don''t even get excited now, no point.  I had prepared myself for almost a year that we may be relegated, so when we were I wasn''t that upset as I had expected it.

If my hopes aren''t raised they can''t be dashed. [:)]

[quote user="Downloads"]Yeah, it''s just i am an eternal optomist, who constantly gets bitten on the arse.[/quote]

I used to be the same, but you only get bitten so many times before you learn to think, it ain''t worth getting my hopes up, then get bitten again lol.

If you remain level headed about these things, if they don''t happen you aren''t disappointed, if they do happen then it''s a huge bonus and you can really celebrate.

i heard a similar story last night, with Delia selling 90% of her shares. Never heard anything from this source before, so might just be/probably is rubbish.

I''ll believe it when this is all signed sealed and delievered. Until then, I will keep half an eye on it. Ok who am I am kidding, I''ll be looking constantly for snippets and rumours[:D]

When I first heard news of Gunns sacking my first thought that it wasn''t her style to either sack or allow the chief exec to sack someone she thought highly of, my feeling at the time was that it had been done to allow a new owner to bring his own man in. Having read this post I''m desperately hoping my first instinct was right.

I thought it seemed a bit out of character for her too, and I also hope your first instinct was right!

I think that there was massive arguments in the board room, I think that Delia & MWJ were massively against the sacking but were ''bullied'' by the others and the power is shifting slightly.

[quote user="steve o"]I had a text late last night saying Delia is about to sell 90% of the club, i would think Foulger will be the buyer if this turns out to be true, also i think this would clear a lot of stuff up about the timing of the Gunn decision, wait and see i suppose![/quote]we can only live in hope.....god i hope its true

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I think that there was massive arguments in the board room, I think that Delia & MWJ were massively against the sacking but were ''bullied'' by the others and the power is shifting slightly.[/quote]

You could well be right. Perhaps that''s why it took several days to reach a decision about sacking Gunn?

Delia is all about control.  Lose it and it would be no surprise if she walked.  Let us pray . . .

Actually cherub come to think of it, you are absolutely right. She certainly is, has and always will be all about control. Those with that instinct who get confronted invariably walk.

Perhaps we will never know how the two new boys were allowed onto the board but what we do know is they are not to be messed with.

[quote user="Bury Yellow"]Perhaps we will never know how the two new boys were allowed onto the board but what we do know is they are not to be messed with.[/quote]

Until McNally joined the board the two new ones could always be outvoted.  That''s what really interests me, how did McNally get a seat on the board?  It''s not automatic for the CEO and Doncaster wasn''t on the board for quite a while.  It looks as though that''s what changed the balance of power. 

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="steve o"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]no definitely not, he is a detective in the counter terrorism department and is on a job in wales at the moment, he also told me on the day the fixtures were released at 7am that we were at home to colchester. lets hope you are proved totally wrong, we can all live in hope![/quote]

Erm I was joking about your mate, hence the ''''lol''''.

I stick by my bit about Foulger.

[/quote]

My dearest mate:

I also said others on the board, apart fom Fulger, all know ''Blue Chip'' wealthy companies, and individuals, indeed, probably dine with them...........so don''t just think Foulger for finance.

And at the London Canaries meeting on Monday, Delia called for the fans to back Gunn, suddenly he ain''t just sacked, he''s vanished!

I think its easy to tell where the real power is now.