Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why I believe Delia is finished!

McNally and the new board realise she''s a spent force, and already I see the evidence of red hand assasins at work.

1. Within weeks of McNally and others arrival to the board, Delia''s and Jones appointment of Gunn is overturned, and he''s booted out.

2. Despite Archant now having a seat on the said board, damning articles on the cook (Aiken) are allowed in  the EDP suggesting she should quit now.

3. Foulger imo, has more money than you think, I know WAY49 will agree with me on this, and our new chairman ain''t short of a few shekells either!

4. McNally and the new board know people, all have connections with Blue Chip companies, in fact, very wealthy people indeed, you all saw how ruthless Gunn, a legend, was dealt with.

I expect  no mercy will be shown to Delia either!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

McNally and the new board realise she''s a spent force, and already I see the evidence of red hand assasins at work.

1. Within weeks of McNally and others arrival to the board, Delia''s and Jones appointment of Gunn is overturned, and he''s booted out.

2. Despite Archant now having a seat on the said board, damning articles on the cook (Aiken) are allowed in  the EDP suggesting she should quit now.

3. Foulger imo, has more money than you think, I know WAY49 will agree with me on this, and our new chairman ain''t short of a few shekells either!

4. McNally and the new board know people, all have connections with Blue Chip companies, in fact, very wealthy people indeed, you all saw how ruthless Gunn, a legend, was dealt with.

[/quote]Surely if these new board members speak with one voice as you suggest they may as well leave Delia sitting at the table, putting money in and just out vote her on every motion

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Surely if these new board members speak with one voice as you suggest they may as well leave Delia sitting at the table, putting money in and just out vote her on every motion[/quote]It will probably boil down to one thing...can they get her to sell??

I think they''ll force her to sell, maybe even to one on their friends, her majority will mean bugger all, I believe them to be that aggressive.

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Surely if these new board members speak with one voice as you suggest they may as well leave Delia sitting at the table, putting money in and just out vote her on every motion[/quote]Depends if Big Fat Michael agrees with her.

I know it was only Steve Claridge, but he said or intimidated that there was a power struggle in the board room.

[quote user="Totally Mad"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]would still be out votedSurely if these new board members speak with one voice as you suggest they may as well leave Delia sitting at the table, putting money in and just out vote her on every motion[/quote]Depends if Big Fat Michael agrees with her.[/quote]

[quote user="Totally Mad"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Surely if these new board members speak with one voice as you suggest they may as well leave Delia sitting at the table, putting money in and just out vote her on every motion[/quote]Depends if Big Fat Michael agrees with her.[/quote]would still be out voted

Sadly Delia''s position now seems totally secure. If the the Nostradamus of Lowestoft predicts it you can be pretty sure it ain''t going to happen. Remember "Administration will happen very soon" and "Holt''s not coming". Of course if you post enough speculation the law of averages says you must get it right sometime.

I think Delia needs to step down from the board of directors. No problem with her remaining majority shareholder, but IMO she needs to take a back seat and allow others to take over the day to day running of the club.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I know it was only Steve Claridge, but he said or intimidated that there was a power struggle in the board room.[/quote]Enough said!Actually though this would make sense - given a choice between losing your new board (or CEO) or your new legend manager what would you do?

Let’s be ‘Avin You

Rumours are rife this morning that Gordon Strachan is set to take over the helm at Carrow Road this week. I’ve heard whispers too, that along with the announcement, City are expected to announce new investment into the club.

How true this is, time will tell. I don’t pretend to be in with those in the know at Carrow Road, however I wouldn’t be surprised if new investment did come in; that may go some lengths to explaining the shift within the powers that be, and decision to sack Gunny.

If it is true let’s hope it’s third time lucky for a Scottish manager at City hey; the last two haven’t done so well.

What are your thoughts on this one Canary fans? Would Strachan be a good choice to take over as manager? Would you rather see someone else given the job? Let me know what you think.

On the Ball City!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Sadly Delia''s position now seems totally secure. If the the Nostradamus of Lowestoft predicts it you can be pretty sure it ain''t going to happen. Remember "Administration will happen very soon" and "Holt''s not coming". Of course if you post enough speculation the law of averages says you must get it right sometime.

[/quote]

1. Still possible.

2. There you go then![;)]

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I know it was only Steve Claridge, but he said or intimidated that there was a power struggle in the board room.[/quote]From memory, the words he used on the show were, "a change of power" which doesn''t suggest a power struggle, it implies it''s a mutual decision within the boardroom. We already knew this anyway because Smith and Jones, to their credit, realised that they needed more expertise following poor decisions at boardroom level so they got rid of the previous CEO and Chairman and replaced them with more cutthroat individuals and the decision to sack Gunny is the first example of this ruthlessness. I suspect that they have intentially taken more of a back seat with football related decisions at board level now and they should perhaps be credited with holding their hands up to these mistakes, albeit it doesn''t condone the errors they have made previously.I''m far more comfortable with the people running the club now than before. Suggestions of a power struggle or a coup d''etat are, in my opinion, untrue.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

Let’s be ‘Avin You

Rumours are rife this morning that Gordon Strachan is set to take over the helm at Carrow Road this week. I’ve heard whispers too, that along with the announcement, City are expected to announce new investment into the club.

How true this is, time will tell. I don’t pretend to be in with those in the know at Carrow Road, however I wouldn’t be surprised if new investment did come in; that may go some lengths to explaining the shift within the powers that be, and decision to sack Gunny.

If it is true let’s hope it’s third time lucky for a Scottish manager at City hey; the last two haven’t done so well.

What are your thoughts on this one Canary fans? Would Strachan be a good choice to take over as manager? Would you rather see someone else given the job? Let me know what you think.

On the Ball City!

[/quote]

With respect CIB, this should be in a NEW thread.

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I know it was only Steve Claridge, but he said or intimidated that there was a power struggle in the board room.[/quote]

From memory, the words he used on the show were, "a change of power" which doesn''t suggest a power struggle, it implies it''s a mutual decision within the boardroom. We already knew this anyway because Smith and Jones, to their credit, realised that they needed more expertise following poor decisions at boardroom level so they got rid of the previous CEO and Chairman and replaced them with more cutthroat individuals and the decision to sack Gunny is the first example of this ruthlessness. I suspect that they have intentially taken more of a back seat with football related decisions at board level now and they should perhaps be credited with holding their hands up to these mistakes, albeit it doesn''t condone the errors they have made previously.

I''m far more comfortable with the people running the club now than before. Suggestions of a power struggle or a coup d''etat are, in my opinion, untrue.
[/quote]

That was the word, it was late and I had a few bottles of Sol.

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Beauseant"]

[/quote]

1. Still possible.

2. There you go then![;)]

[/quote]

Great riposte Wiz! I''m glad you take it in the spirit it was meant.[Y][:D]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

As I said to you and others earlier this year, before the news broke in the press about Foulger selling off part of the business, I had no idea how much money he was getting, nor would I push my contacts any further on the money side of it.

IMHO I really don''t know what the guy is worth, and how much ready money he has at his disposal, but I would hazzard a guess he''s no more better off than Delia.

If there is to be any new injections of investment I don''t think it would be from anyone sitting on the current board, no knowledge, just gut feeling.

WAY, sometimes I think that people here are not too worried about having loads of money but would like a change of ownership and direction. Would you be happy for a new majority owner to come in with less or the same money? For the sake of argument, the rest of the board stay, but Delia & MWJ go. Not just for you WAY, but others too.

WAY, sometimes I think that people here are not too worried about having loads of money but would like a change of ownership and direction. Would you be happy for a new majority owner to come in with less or the same money? For the sake of argument, the rest of the board stay, but Delia & MWJ go. Not just for you WAY, but others too.

[/quote]

No but then if we had people come in with no more or very little more money than what we already have, what''s the point?  Delia and MWJ and to some extent others such as Doomy made massive cock-ups that they now admit, they had money and wasted it on off field activites, instead of putting the money on the pitch.  So we are left pretty much skint now.  So to have someone come in who isn''t willing to invest is not, IMHO a step forward.

The game these days is all about money, without money we can''t buy better quality players, without money the club can''t run.

So as much as I want DS and MWJ gone, it would make things easier if the new person came in with some money to help clear some debts and buy decent players.

To get anywhere in football now, you need dollor and lots of it. If we had someone like De Steffano with the same amount of money as Delia, I would choose Delia, despite her being a big fukkup for a few years, she would be a better choice than someone like the others.

To get anywhere in football now, you need dollor and lots of it. If we had someone like De Steffano with the same amount of money as Delia, I would choose Delia, despite her being a big fukkup for a few years, she would be a better choice than someone like the others.

[/quote]

Oh dear... little Norwich is still alive and kicking... [:$]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

As I said to you and others earlier this year, before the news broke in the press about Foulger selling off part of the business, I had no idea how much money he was getting, nor would I push my contacts any further on the money side of it.

IMHO I really don''t know what the guy is worth, and how much ready money he has at his disposal, but I would hazzard a guess he''s no more better off than Delia.

If there is to be any new injections of investment I don''t think it would be from anyone sitting on the current board, no knowledge, just gut feeling.

[/quote]

My dearest mate:

I also said others on the board, apart fom Fulger, all know ''Blue Chip'' wealthy companies, and individuals, indeed, probably dine with them...........so don''t just think Foulger for finance.

And at the London Canaries meeting on Monday, Delia called for the fans to back Gunn, suddenly he ain''t just sacked, he''s vanished!

I think its easy to tell where the real power is now

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

My dearest mate:

I also said others on the board, apart fom Fulger, all know ''Blue Chip'' wealthy companies, and individuals, indeed, probably dine with them...........so don''t just think Foulger for finance.

And at the London Canaries meeting on Monday, Delia called for the fans to back Gunn, suddenly he ain''t just sacked, he''s vanished!

I think its easy to tell where the real power is now

[/quote]

Yes quite.  Do you not think it''s odd that Gunny hasn''t said a word about the manner in which he was expelled?  As you say he''s not just sacked he''s vanished.

There is certainly something going on, but what it is I have no idea mate.

My gut feeling is that Delia has agreed to sell the club to somebody but they wanted all the dirty work done before they assumed control hence the reason Gunn was sacked so suddenly. If things were not going to change I personally believe that Delia would have given Gunn more time before she would have even considered sacking him. It''s just not her style to be so ruthless towards someone she holds much affection for, could be an interesting few days.

I believe Delia is finished and it was as a result of the Colchester game. Not just the result but the hate that was displayed against her after the game. As I have mentioned on this site this week Delia had to remain in the ground after the Colchester game for her own safety. At that point I would suggest that the penny finally dropped for her that it was all over.  

[quote user="kdncfc"]My gut feeling is that Delia has agreed to sell the club to somebody but they wanted all the dirty work done before they assumed control hence the reason Gunn was sacked so suddenly. If things were not going to change I personally believe that Delia would have given Gunn more time before she would have even considered sacking him. It''s just not her style to be so ruthless towards someone she holds much affection for, could be an interesting few days.[/quote]

Agree, but we may all be living in hope rather than being fact.

It''s just so rare for Delia to behave the way she has, ask the fans to back him, then sack him.  The timing was odd to say the least, why not straight after the 1-7 defeat at CR?  Why let the man travel with the team, then sack him, just before an important game, and then supposedly tell him to make his own way back.

I detest Delia & MWJ for what they have done to our club, but all this strikes me as not their style at all.

So either something is happening in the boardroom to change their influence, or they are on their way out and someone new coming in.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]My gut feeling is that Delia has agreed to sell the club to somebody but they wanted all the dirty work done before they assumed control hence the reason Gunn was sacked so suddenly. If things were not going to change I personally believe that Delia would have given Gunn more time before she would have even considered sacking him. It''s just not her style to be so ruthless towards someone she holds much affection for, could be an interesting few days.[/quote]

It''s just so rare for Delia to behave the way she has, ask the fans to back him, then sack him.  The timing was odd to say the least, why not straight after the 1-7 defeat at CR?  Why let the man travel with the team, then sack him, just before an important game, and then supposedly tell him to make his own way back.

I detest Delia & MWJ for what they have done to our club, but all this strikes me as not their style at all.

So either something is happening in the boardroom to change their influence, or they are on their way out and someone new coming in.

[/quote]

This is all beginning to sound to good to be true, I''m beginning to get a bit excited. Please let it be true.

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

This is all beginning to sound to good to be true, I''m beginning to get a bit excited. Please let it be true.

[/quote]

Keep on a level pegging  and don''t get excited, it might just be that McNally & the other new board members are having a bigger influence over decisions than we could imagine.