Sign in to follow this  
Account Closed

Bryan Gunn Expelled Kicking and Screaming.....

....or was it more a sedate affair?My doubts arise from the short statement issued by the CEO  which blatantly omitted  the usual phrase "Mutual agreement"Also it would be expected that an alternative post would have been offered to soften the impact on  one so affectionately revered by many associated with NCFC.CEO quote "he will always be welcome at Norwich City" - That reads to me as though he has been shown the door and not moved sideways or parked on the back burner until such time as another post is factored in.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

It would appear he''s totally finished at City, and he''s fed off us well, that makes happy, sorry, but thats my view.

[/quote]

What a horrible, ugly way to think. I''ll talk all day about mercenary footballers, but don''t imply Bryan Gunn, thinks about the club in such a cynical, nasty little way as your warped mind.

UMmmm,  could it be that Bryan''s friends who heralded him too emphatically and too frequently ended up doing him a gross injustice.Sadly those words hero and legend became corrupted long time ago  by impressionable people who use them routinely as synonyms for popular celebrities."Flattery is all right if you don’t inhale." -Adlai E. Stevenson . Forget that maxim and those millstones will drag you under swifter than Theokiltos lets in goals.Having joined the bandwagon of hitting a good man when he is down I have to add - Bryan you will bounce back in some way or other, most of your detractors would willingly swap places with your lifestyle and likely you will grow because of this experience.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

It would appear he''s totally finished at City, and he''s fed off us well, that makes happy, sorry, but thats my view.

[/quote]

in the words of the great james may

CO*K

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I know that the club told him to make his own way back to Norfolk (guess he had no choice anyway) and he got the train back on Friday night.[/quote]

As much as I wasn''t happy with him being given the job permanently, I think that''s an awful way to treat a NC legend.  You''re fired now make your own way back to Norfolk.  This club is falling so low in my estimations that I don''t recognise it anymore.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"]I know that the club told him to make his own way back to Norfolk (guess he had no choice anyway) and he got the train back on Friday night.[/quote]

As much as I wasn''t happy with him being given the job permanently, I think that''s an awful way to treat a NC legend.  You''re fired now make your own way back to Norfolk.  This club is falling so low in my estimations that I don''t recognise it anymore.

[/quote]

Yes, WAY, this does seem a pretty shabby way to treat him. Presumably he went down to the West Country on the team bus. It must have seemed a long journey home on his own until he got back to his family.

I think he burnt his bridges when he accepted the manager''s job. It was an '' all or nothing '' gamble and a huge one considering most managerial appointments end in tears.

I really can''t see how he can remain on the payroll of NCFC unless they decide on a damage limitation exercise to protect his '' legend '' status and find a job for him somewhere upstairs.

Should have been done on Wednesday morning, in Norfolk. Not away the day before a crucial league game.

[quote user="Shaker"]That would have been a bit difficult seeing as they stayed in the west country all week.[/quote]

So why not sack him straight after we lost to Colchester?

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="Shaker"]That would have been a bit difficult seeing as they stayed in the west country all week.[/quote]

So why not sack him straight after we lost to Colchester?

[/quote]

I think what happened at Yeovil had a great deal to do with it. My post further down the board "Why Gunn had to go" is just speculation, but I''d bet a quid it''s not that far from the truth.

Source?