Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Were Only A Name

NORWICH CITY FOOTBALL CLUB

without our club name, we would not be one of the favourites to go back up, if Walsall had our squad, would they be favourites for promotion?? NO

we are just a NAME and have not got the quality!!

True but i think we do have the quality. I didn''t think we were good enough before we had Holt and we were one of the favourites then.

Being a favorite only means the bookies expect a lot of money bet on us.  It does not mean we are actually better than anyone.  Because we ARE Norwich City F.C., that gives us a lot of "oomph" in Division 3 with the gambling public.  3 years ago, we were also favorites to bounce back up to the Prem. We never came close, but the bookies made plenty of money.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Being a favorite only means the bookies expect a lot of money bet on us.  It does not mean we are actually better than anyone.  Because we ARE Norwich City F.C., that gives us a lot of "oomph" in Division 3 with the gambling public.  3 years ago, we were also favorites to bounce back up to the Prem. We never came close, but the bookies made plenty of money.[/quote]

fair point, but they do normally pickthe correct team!

[quote user="NCFC_Shaun"]I''m beggining to agree. Charlton are now after Simeon Jackson. God I wish we would go for a player like him ...[/quote]

Players like Grant Holt you mean?

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

without our club name, we would not be one of the favourites to go back up, if Walsall had our squad, would they be favourites for promotion?? NO

[/quote]

You clearly know very little about the players Gunn signed.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Being a favorite only means the bookies expect a lot of money bet on us.  It does not mean we are actually better than anyone.  Because we ARE Norwich City F.C., that gives us a lot of "oomph" in Division 3 with the gambling public.  3 years ago, we were also favorites to bounce back up to the Prem. We never came close, but the bookies made plenty of money.[/quote]

fair point, but they do normally pickthe correct team!

[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not.  However, the lines they come up with are based solely on where they think the money will be bet, not on who they think will win.

[quote user="Fuglestad"][quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

You clearly know very little about the players Gunn signed.

[/quote]

but like i say if Walsall had our players would they be favourites?? NO - we are just a   name!