Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

A poisoned chalice?

One wonders to what extent targets for the managers job at NCFC will view any approach or offer as somewhat of a poisoned chalice now?

I am sure that McNally''s search (funny that - we never said Doncasters search, did we?) will prove considerably more difficult than expected given the brutal treatment handed out to Bryan Gunn in the name of - one suspects - decisiveness in order to impress the more critical set of fans.

What say you?

OTBC

yes you are right, poisoned chalice sums it up best for me.

oh, and joke club.

we need new owners, will we have to wait for delia to die? Just go and let cullum take over.

Yes

England, Newcastle, Norwich

Large Fan base, All Desperate for success.

All jump on the managers death wagon the

moment he starts to lose a few games.

I know most clubs have this, but it seems to be more with these three clubs.

The next manager MUST be an experinced manager and have 100% backing form the entire club and its fans. Without this the steady decline will only continue.

Why? Wrong decissions at the highest level

of the club start this all off, and then rumours and presure from fans etc spirral into a mini disater.#

Cheers - good original post

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One wonders to what extent targets for the managers job at NCFC will view any approach or offer as somewhat of a poisoned chalice now?

I am sure that McNally''s search (funny that - we never said Doncasters search, did we?) will prove considerably more difficult than expected given the brutal treatment handed out to Bryan Gunn in the name of - one suspects - decisiveness in order to impress the more critical set of fans.

What say you?

OTBC

[/quote]I say this is sloblock.If you listened to McNally interviewed after the Exeter match, he said that in the last 7 months the club had not moved forward.  He has clearly investigated the training methods, the signings, the squad, the way business was conducted over the summer, as well as taken Gunn''s wretched 19 games in charge last season into account, and decided that enough is enough if we are going to move forward.McNally has also said that promotion is a must this season - which is what, I think, the majority of the fans also believe.  Any manager applying for the role will understand this and will surely expect the same - any manager who doubts he can achieve victory in League One with Norwich City isn''t a manager I want at the club.It may not be for the faint hearted, but we''ve had too many faint hearts in the managerial dugout already in the last five years.  I say bring it on, and let''s see someone with some balls put their name forward and take the club forwards.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What say you?

OTBC

[/quote]

I say this is sloblock.

If you listened to McNally interviewed after the Exeter match, he said that in the last 7 months the club had not moved forward.  He has clearly investigated the training methods, the signings, the squad, the way business was conducted over the summer, as well as taken Gunn''s wretched 19 games in charge last season into account, and decided that enough is enough if we are going to move forward.

McNally has also said that promotion is a must this season - which is what, I think, the majority of the fans also believe.  Any manager applying for the role will understand this and will surely expect the same - any manager who doubts he can achieve victory in League One with Norwich City isn''t a manager I want at the club.

It may not be for the faint hearted, but we''ve had too many faint hearts in the managerial dugout already in the last five years.  I say bring it on, and let''s see someone with some balls put their name forward and take the club forwards.

[/quote]

Please sir, what is ''sloblock''?

OTBC

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What say you?

OTBC

[/quote]

I say this is sloblock.

If you listened to McNally interviewed after the Exeter match, he said that in the last 7 months the club had not moved forward.  He has clearly investigated the training methods, the signings, the squad, the way business was conducted over the summer, as well as taken Gunn''s wretched 19 games in charge last season into account, and decided that enough is enough if we are going to move forward.

McNally has also said that promotion is a must this season - which is what, I think, the majority of the fans also believe.  Any manager applying for the role will understand this and will surely expect the same - any manager who doubts he can achieve victory in League One with Norwich City isn''t a manager I want at the club.

It may not be for the faint hearted, but we''ve had too many faint hearts in the managerial dugout already in the last five years.  I say bring it on, and let''s see someone with some balls put their name forward and take the club forwards.

[/quote]

Sloblock is the reason I nearly missed this post Mister. I''m glad I looked now[Y]

I missed the interview with McNally because I was in Exeter. Anyone know if it''s available anywhere on-line to listen or read?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

What say you?

OTBC

[/quote]

I say this is sloblock.

[/quote]

Please sir, what is ''sloblock''?

OTBC

[/quote]

(Bollocks) eh sir. Very good.

But you see, sir, that the last 7 months are relatively meaninglesss, sir, when compared with the much, much larger problem, sir. what I mean sir is that over the last 4-5 years the club has not only not moved forward, sir, but it has slid disastrously backward, sir. And McNally can''t solve that one, sir, because its above his job description you see sir.

I''m glad you introduced me to sloblock, sir, as it helped me to see that you are still pretending that you can see the Empress'' clothes sir.

(Bollocks) to your faint heart, sir.

OTBC   

[quote user="Mister Chops"]An anagram of bollocks, which I think the swear filter will block.  Let''s find out...

[/quote]

Bollockss.

Just checking, sir![:)]

OTBC