Sign in to follow this  
jed exodous

Fans passion

I hope this weekend the fans get behind the team as much as against arsenal.  The noise, atmosphere and abuse that was hurled at them from the barclay didn''t make a difference, as we were never gonna beat them, but we have a chance against villa.

kict it off

Don''t worry, jed exodus, I think there''ll be passion by the bucketload on Saturday as a) we all know how important every minute of every game is and that''s the main way we can help the team, b) we''ve got a growing reputation for noisy support to protect and develop and c) we''ve been starved of football at FCR for three weeks and are simply desperate for some!!!  By the end of next Tuesday we should feel quite full up, I would imagine, but, then again, probably hungry for some more by the next day.  I know I will!

I must say,

We shouldn''t have to worry about fan support the way we have been this season. When we are away the sound is still unbelievable! Do the fans bother kerning up for their team or are we just the BEST SUPPORTERS EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

I, for one, was dissapointed with the atmosphere on sunday despite Chris Moyles saying we were the best fans he''d ever heard. I swear no-one near me and my mate knew the words OTBC, embarassing. dadadadadada On the ball city dadadadadadadada city city city. Learn the words for God sake. Anyone else in the lower south at white hart lane agree?

i was in the upper tier at WHL and i agree that our support was lame compared to the other away games this season. we were almost getting outsung at times! the only real time we came alive was when green did the wonder saves and kanoute''s lame step-overs.

I totally agree, it was no better than tepid at WHL - people only seem to get heated when fouls get given against us, and usually they''re the right decision.

I remember going to Selhurst a couple of years back and we virtually took the rafters off. The songs were hilarious, the crowd knew all the words, we had more than three chants, and it was a great day out even though the team were bloody awful.

At WHL I felt a bit far away, so perhaps that was an excuse, but also people didn''t know the songs.

7 out of 10, must do better!!

I agree Man U was amazing, perhaps not surprisingly, with continuous noise, Newcastle was nearly as good, with fewer fans. At WHL there were gaps in the noise and at times it was like being in the River End. (not for long though) 7/10

[quote]I, for one, was dissapointed with the atmosphere on sunday despite Chris Moyles saying we were the best fans he''d ever heard. I swear no-one near me and my mate knew the words OTBC, embarassing. dadad...[/quote]

i too thought we were quiet to begin with, CC, but to have a go at people that don''t know the words, perhaps it was their first match?  We all have to start sometime!!  Why not encourage them to sing along?  The reason we were not as noisy as usual has been covered in another post, the tiers.  This always happens, give us a low roof and let us stand up and sing with passion.  We were split up and as a consequence the noise levels drop or different sections sing different songs, still it was good on tv, so i have been told

More sanctimonious crap above from some people - "we went to the away matches, so we''re entitled to pass judgement on fellow Norwich City supporters". This is probably from the same people who suggest that "Because we sit in the Barclay, we''re obviously much better NCFC supporters than you (even though we hurl abuse at Matt Svennson when he makes a mistake")! When will you numpties learn that not everyone gets eleventeen pints down their necks prior to kick off and turns the volume up - there are some of us older folk who pay our money and support the Yellows to the hilt without knowing the words to every single chant - sorry about that.   

What White Hart Lane match did you go to Banaman? Tepid? I was in the Lower tier and it it was great, and all you can hear on Sky are the Norwich fans! I had a great time. The low roof contributed to the overall volume but I dont think people can be catergorised into levels of fans because of how loud they sing.

I agree with your points Link. I sometimes sit in the ''quiet'' areas of the ground and while it is a bit odd I still sing myself hoarse - but im not ''better'' than other fans. I might prefer to be around ''jovial'' fans but not everyone wants to sit in the Lower Barclay.

I guess with 25,000 people at home matches not everyone is going to want the same thing but we all want the team to win!

I cant stand booing and as I have said before I rate Matty so thats a good point, if he was scoring every week he''d be a hero, just because he hasnt theres no need to get on his back. When McKenzie and McVeigh etc were warming up at our end I dont think Matty got a reception, I noticed he warmed up a bit further back up the pitch later. I hope the reason wasnt that he didnt feel welcomed by the fans.