Sign in to follow this  
canaryman

Steve coppell rumour

As some of you might know i am friendly with steve coppell and he was telling me that he visited CR and colney yesterday and apparently he''s going to apply for the job but might only stay here for a year before he retires

thanks for readinghope coppell gets the job

the club needs stability he gives us a year and its back to headless chickens and watching laundry. c''mon brendan make some noise

Surely if he''s told you this then its a statment of intent, not a rumour. You must be a very trusted friend for him to have told you this imformation!

[quote user="AVFC-NCFC"]Your friendly with him?[/quote]

of course he is...doesn`t everyone have the number of an ex england international winger and premiership manager in there contacts book? [:D]

[quote user="canaryman"]As some of you might know i am friendly with steve coppell and he was telling me that he visited CR and colney yesterday and apparently he''s going to apply for the job but might only stay here for a year before he retires

thanks for readinghope coppell gets the job[/quote]Am I right in thinking that Coppel normally likes to stay on a year long rolling contract? If so this makes this more plausable. He has cited pressure of jobs before as a reason for this and only stayed very briefl 1-2 months at Man City for this very reason. As such I would happily accept him on this premise as he is a man of such strong integrity that I believe the contract length is largely irrelevant as he will stay so long as his health allows. After all, what does a contract length matter anyway, at least we have less to pay off!

[quote user="canaryman"]As some of you might know i am friendly with steve coppell and he was telling me that he visited CR and colney yesterday and apparently he''s going to apply for the job but might only stay here for a year before he retires

thanks for reading
hope coppell gets the job
[/quote]

I think maybe voicing your "friend''s" confidential comments on a public forum may well strain said friendship to the point he may not be prepared to confide in you in such a way again [;)]