Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Delia & her food

I''m intersted to know if anyone else has been to Delias restaurant before the match?

I''ve been twice now & I have to say that it is absolutely brilliant & I am proud of what we have to offer as a club.

Ok, it''s pricey, but you should cover all market segements at a football match - and both times it was completely full. The food is something else & the service is great too.

But the little things that made the difference were Bryan Gunn & Jerry Goss doing the rounds & going to every table and seeing that everyone was ok & enjoying themselves. Bryan seemed so happy just chatting & laughing - he is such an ambassador of the club.

Then at 2:15, the team sheets are given to table, literally hot off the press & up comes the token ladbrookes chap to take some more cash from you.

Anyway, I''m lucky enough to be going again tomorrow & can''t wait. Just wondered what everyone elses opinion was of the restaurant & whether you had been & what you had heard?

I have had Sunday lunch in Delia''s restaurant three times and can honestly say that all the food I''ve eaten has been really good, and the atmosphere has been spot on too.  Kids'' entertainer for those that need one, newspapers to read, live sport on the big screen, and a ground tour thrown in for good measure - can''t complain at that!  Only problem is that it''s only open on the first Sunday in every month so it gets booked up quickly.  If anyone out there hasn''t tried it it''s worth a go.  (Once I was there most of the players and their families were there too, which was good to see).

Must admit I am very fortunate, I get invited to lots of sponsorship days at FCR. The food, drink and atmosphere are always first class, and it''s great to have an ex-Canary with you for the day. If anyone''s interested, Pete Mendham is a wonderful host ( bought champers after derby win last season ), Mike Milligan is also good and likes a pint, Bill Punton, Sandy Kennon & Terry Allcock give an insite of how it used to be in the olden days . . . If anyone gets the chance to enjoy matchday hospitality at FCR, take full advantage of it !!