Sign in to follow this  
wedgie

Ian Crook to be named new manager

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Many fans wanted Crook everytime it was vacant since he left us. Now we can have him no one wants him. Why doesn''t that surprise me. Tell you what, we could do worse and we usually do do worse.

[/quote]

Because you group most fans together,fact is if crook gets it we are no further forward.....Mcnally wont do this! (i hope)

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Many fans wanted Crook everytime it was vacant since he left us. Now we can have him no one wants him. Why doesn''t that surprise me. Tell you what, we could do worse and we usually do do worse.

[/quote]

I said that on another post too.

you''re not the caller from canary call are you???? City need to break away from appointing unproven crap......we need a strong character who knows the game....not some explayer wannabe

No won''t be Chippy, he was the one who reccomended the Ozzy keeper, no more better than Gunny, and if we were to be told that Chippy is the man, I think he would have been in charge on Saurday

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="wally webb"]McNally never said it was an outside appointment, Crook is the new manger. I am Roy Waller if you must know.[/quote]

Oh clear off

[/quote]

That''s no way to speak to Roy[:@]

He''s a legend, they may even name a lounge after him[:O]

But then again he has been known to wear scum colours and that could come back to haunt him[;)]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="wally webb"]McNally never said it was an outside appointment, Crook is the new manger. I am Roy Waller if you must know.[/quote]

Oh clear off

[/quote]

TROLL ALERT FOLKS

[quote user="Rum ol boy"]you''re not the caller from canary call are you???? City need to break away from appointing unproven crap......we need a strong character who knows the game....not some explayer wannabe[/quote]

Glen Roeder?

[quote user="wally webb"]As the titie says Crook will be named new manger on Tuesday,[/quote]

I''m glad he''s going to be the new manger - apparently the horses have been complaining that it''s difficult to get at the hay in the old one.

[quote user="suffolk canary"]

[quote user="wally webb"]As the titie says Crook will be named new manger on Tuesday,[/quote]

I''m glad he''s going to be the new manger - apparently the horses have been complaining that it''s difficult to get at the hay in the old one.

[/quote]

I wasn''t in the best of moods for various reasons but that made me laugh out loud - thanks!!

If Crook was going to be given the job I''m pretty sure it would have been announced by now, I''ll be very disappointed if he does get it.

Crook Butterworth Crosby Haseelbaink - all completely the wrong type of manager.

Look at the  Exeter game,  no Maric on teh bench when a target man alternative was needed,  and settling for a 11 draw by taking off hoolahan and bringing on the defensive lappin - that not going to bring you three points - far too negative an approach to chasing the promotion dream...

We may as well give up if he is appointed.

No recent experience of english football, a style of play that will not get us out of this division..and it would seem from the players he''s recommended recently, not a clue what makes a quality player!

Manager of what? Pilch sports department? An aussie themed bar on Prince of Wales Road?

Butterworth tipped for management in UCB, supervising the filling of the popcorn buckets.

Was that Don Howe I saw going into the cleaning cupboard? Maybe we''re getting another caretaker manager

[quote user="Norwich"]If he is appointed then I will drive down the road and support Notts County, seriously. I have had enough of driving 3 hours there and back each week to watch the rubbish that is served up. Imagine how much money I will save by going to County, and I am sure I will get so much more pleasure at the rate that they''re going...![/quote]Good o!

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Crook Butterworth Crosby Haseelbaink - all completely the wrong type of manager.

Look at the  Exeter game,  no Maric on teh bench when a target man alternative was needed,  and settling for a 11 draw by taking off hoolahan and bringing on the defensive lappin - that not going to bring you three points - far too negative an approach to chasing the promotion dream...

[/quote]

What I find totally staggering is that everybody saw the difference that replacing Gill with Hughes made a few days previously. It was a change crying out to be made in the second half to win the game. The changes we did make seemed to suggest we wanted to hold on for a draw.

What I find staggering is that everyone assumes that a "big" or experienced name will ensure success. We had that in Roeder I thought. Big names will be there a plenty of course - the compensation gravy train must look very attractive.I just hope it''s someone who plays the beautiful game - and preferably someone who played it, though that is less important I agree. Can''t see it being Crook in a million years - he''s probably only just ahead of Fotheringham and Roeder - but if it was, then I for one would support him until he''s had a fair chance. We don''t know just how much blame for recent results can be attributed to him.

That isn''t true.

[quote user="Binky"]What I find staggering is that everyone assumes that a "big" or experienced name will ensure success. We had that in Roeder I thought. Big names will be there a plenty of course - the compensation gravy train must look very attractive.

I just hope it''s someone who plays the beautiful game - and preferably someone who played it, though that is less important I agree. Can''t see it being Crook in a million years - he''s probably only just ahead of Fotheringham and Roeder - but if it was, then I for one would support him until he''s had a fair chance. We don''t know just how much blame for recent results can be attributed to him.
[/quote]

As my friend Tangie would say....

WELL SAID!!!

[quote user="Binky"]What I find staggering is that everyone assumes that a "big" or experienced name will ensure success. We had that in Roeder I thought. Big names will be there a plenty of course - the compensation gravy train must look very attractive.

I just hope it''s someone who plays the beautiful game - and preferably someone who played it, though that is less important I agree. Can''t see it being Crook in a million years - he''s probably only just ahead of Fotheringham and Roeder - but if it was, then I for one would support him until he''s had a fair chance. We don''t know just how much blame for recent results can be attributed to him.
[/quote]

As my friend Tangie would say....

WELL SAID!!!

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Absolute tosh. If this were true i would be one of the first to know. Go back to sleep![/quote]

why??

[/quote]

Look no further!

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED16%20Aug%202009%2018%3A28%3A27%3A653