Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coneys boots

poor old Theo

Yes he had an absolute shocker....and yes he needed to be dropped

But poor bloke, his dream move comes along, he travels half way accross the world, he lets in seven and then the man who wanted him is sacked.

Pretty rotten few weeks - he must be gutted

I think Crook was the reason Theo came in - though I guess any new manager will want his own backroom staff too, unless we promote Butterworth to the job.  Even so, if Butters & Crook don''t get on, it''s looking ropey for Crook & Theo too.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]True, but he must expect to get dropped if he lets in 7!![/quote]

Not necessarily.  I''''ve let in 6 v Tottenham Hotspur Reserves but apparently kept out another seven (according to the Reading Chronicle anyway).   Unfortunately that is where Theo went wrong on this occasion.

Having once received the plaudits of Berrow''s Worcester Journal for saving three penalties for Worcester City (Southern League) and thought to be a club record (just guessed the right way) the Worcester Evening News only three weeks later described my performance in our 5-1 cup defeat v Weymouth as "one of the most inept displays of goalkeeping.............."

I held my hands up to three of them, blamed a defender for the fourth and had no chance with the fifth.

Bit like being a Manager really.  Who the hell would do it?

I Still Think He Deserves Another Start. Keeping Him Out Until The Reserve Games Will Do Him, His Playing Ability And Confidence Zilch!