Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Next manager: No Norwich Connection

According to McNally in todays EDP,  City connection set to end, plus, the new guy would be able to bring in his own men..........bye Crook bye Butters.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/content/edp24/sport/football/norwich-city/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=SportNorwich&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=xDefault&itemid=NOED16%20Aug%202009%2018%3A28%3A27%3A653

I think that''s entirely logical. Any new manager must have a mandate to make his own appointments, in addition to which we have to get away from the whole "little old Norwich" mentality.

I believe we should also go for someone who is currently doing well in a job, not some reject out of work has been.

The mirror have reported Nigel Adkins and I would love that.

McNally “I definitely have got names in mind,” he said. “It''s a short

short-list. And I do have a pecking order, but I can''t share those

names for obvious reasons and I will do everything in my power to land

the number one target. “I will attempt to land my number one

target and we will be persistent, determined and tenacious in our

pursuit of our number one target.”

He says the right things,now lets hope that target is the right man.

Doesn''t sound like anyone is going to be announced before Tuesday''s game from that though does it?

He does not say it wont be someone with an NCFC connection - just that a connection or not is irrelevant - what they want is the best candidate.   

Its clear they have someone in mind who may or may not have a connection.   If it is Mark Robins then the original statement is not a lie.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

He does not say it wont be someone with an NCFC connection - just that a connection or not is irrelevant - what they want is the best candidate.   

Its clear they have someone in mind who may or may not have a connection.   If it is Mark Robins then the original statement is not a lie.

[/quote]

He also said Zipper, that the new guy could bring in a couple of his own people, that sugests to me no Butters or Crook.

[quote user="ref89"]Doesn''t sound like anyone is going to be announced before Tuesday''s game from that though does it?[/quote]Thats not important to me. What is important is getting it right long term.

McNally could end up being our best signing this season! The guy sounds incredibly switched on with a lot of nous. Its so refreshing to hear someone talk in such a way from our club.

[quote user="Blainsey"]McNally could end up being our best signing this season! The guy sounds incredibly switched on with a lot of nous. Its so refreshing to hear someone talk in such a way from our club.[/quote]

It also sounds like his target man is currently in employment, which means we must have a good wod of cash somewhere, ie new investment, tis move looks to be a costly one  

Mr McNally is right in stating that the need for a Norwich City connection is irrelevant. Of course he is not ruling candidates like Mark Robins out, but a quick glance of the successful managers of last season suggest that yellow and green blood is not a pre-requisite of the job.

McCarthy (Wolves) - no previous connection with the club

McLeish (Birmingham) - no previous connection with the club

Coyle (Burnley) - no previous connection with the club

Ferguson (Peterborough) - no previous connection with the club

Pearson (Leicester) - no previous connection with the club

Adkins (Scunthorpe) - no previous connection with the club

Scott (Brentford) - Played 143 games for the club

Tisdale (Exeter) - spent 3 months on loan at the club

Taylor (Wycombe) -- no previous connection with the club

Just as an aside, and at the risk of taking this thread into a new area.......

For those who promote the idea of Adkins from Scunthorpe taking over our team.... he was formally a goalkeeper in his playing career. Do former goalkeepers make good managers?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

He also said Zipper, that the new guy could bring in a couple of his own people, that sugests to me no Butters or Crook.

[/quote]

And that for me is excellent news Wiz, their player choices, tactics and coaching are core to the failure to progress since the start of the year is as great as gunns.

[quote user="Canary Renaissance"]Just as an aside, and at the risk of taking this thread into a new area.......

For those who promote the idea of Adkins from Scunthorpe taking over our team.... he was formally a goalkeeper in his playing career. Do former goalkeepers make good managers?[/quote]

Given our last experience, no!

Only goalkeepers that could be classed as ''decent'' that I can think of are Dino Zoff, Bruce Arena and Mike Walker...