Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

Thoughts on new manager

The next Norwich City manager has to be a man with experience and a name to really impress the fans. People love to say fans don''t know what they are talking about, but the fact reamains Grant, Roeder and Gunn have all been underwelming and not welcomed by most fans and they have all failed.I hope this time the appointment will be impressive. Ambitious as it may seem I would like to see one of Curbs, Coppell or Strachan. If we can''t get one of those then lets look at managers doing well like Adkins or Tilson. We must get this appointment right and for once I would like to be impressed. There is no point bringing in a cheap manager just to pay him off in a years time. We need a quality manager for the next 3 or 4 seasons at least.

Pick ANY one of the MANY threads below this at random. With the exception of one clown sharing phone numbers for some reason, they are ALL on this topic. Some of them haven''t been written by 12 year olds either. WHY start another one?

Ok, I would be happy with Coppell, Tilson or Adkins. Firstly, Coppell''s track record is fantastic, when Reading were storming the Premiership in their first season Coppell couldn''t do a thing wrong. Since then, even after Reading were relegated, I''ve always been impressed with the way he''s gone about things i.e. interviews, signings etc.

Tilson would be ok too, lots of years ahead of him, I feel he''s also in need of a new challenge as things might have gone a bit stale at Southend.

Adkins would have to drop down a league, but I''m sure he would take that as he would be joining a bigger club than the one he is at. Adkins I would be ok with, but would prefer Coppell, Tilson would be 2nd best.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Whoever it is will eventually cock it up and be fired.  They always are.[/quote]Wow, thanks for that nugget of pure genius.

Curbs ,Coppell or Strachan , three decent names but can anybody really see it happening ? Curbishley will sit and wait for a Premiership club ,Coppell has only just decided to take time out from the game , Strachan is the best hope of the three but would he want to go from managing a Champions league club to League 1 .

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Curbs ,Coppell or Strachan , three decent names but can anybody really see it happening ? Curbishley will sit and wait for a Premiership club ,Coppell has only just decided to take time out from the game , Strachan is the best hope of the three but would he want to go from managing a Champions league club to League 1 . [/quote]Strachan did say he wanted a new challenge, and this would be it [:)]

[quote user="supercol"]Give us a clue then Empty Mirror.[/quote]

Empty Mirror - is it JFH or Crosby?

Would anyone else fancy David Penney?

[quote user="Good Evening Neil"][quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Curbs ,Coppell or Strachan , three decent names but can anybody really see it happening ? Curbishley will sit and wait for a Premiership club ,Coppell has only just decided to take time out from the game , Strachan is the best hope of the three but would he want to go from managing a Champions league club to League 1 .
[/quote]

Strachan did say he wanted a new challenge, and this would be it [:)]
[/quote]Strachan could be a possibility IF there was money to spend...IF there was no/little money to spend we will be looking at Tilson and alike

Strachan''s record with English clubs isn''t actually anything to write home about but he made his name at Celtic where, with Rangers continually shooting themselves in the foot, the competition for honours was non-existent.

Completely agree Jim. I would like a name like Coppell or Strachan too, but if this isn''t possible then Tilson, Andy Scott, etc.... would be an exciting prospect. Fans have to back the new manager completely.

I have to say that I have confidence i McNally getting it right, he knows something about football as opposed to other puppets on the board.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]Why are sky hell bent on linking any bloody name to the roll. Next we will hear that Jeff Stelling is in with a shout.[/quote]Because Sky Sports News is a 24 hour rolling news operation, with bugger all else to talk about.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]Why are sky hell bent on linking any bloody name to the roll. Next we will hear that Jeff Stelling is in with a shout.[/quote]

Because they have to fill a 24 hour rolling news programme. Other than constantly repeating the same stuff, the only option is to go with every rumour, however outlandish.