Sign in to follow this  
SI

Promotion or Administration.

No one has mentionned the fact that the transfer window is still open for 2 weeks. The time of the sacking must be to allow the new manager to bring some new players.Panic  yes, but this time is no longer Prudence with Ambition but Make or Break.I believe someone of high caliber will be announced shortly. Coppell or Strachan are my guesses.This is the last chance saloon. Promotion or Administration.

sounds about right to me. new man''s gotta be experienced and as far as is possible appealing to the fans, i would imagine he will be given any funds possible as the board are now forced to throw all their eggs in one basket. i just hope there is still enough left in the coffers to gamble with.... 

You do realise that you can get promoted and still slip into adminstration?This frequently happens in non league football and we''ve all seen it happen several times in Scotland. So to reckless spend simply to gain promotion (which of course isn''t promised anyway) would be a silly thing to do imo.I''m not saying we don''t need to spend, we need to obviously strengten this squad, but to spend to the point it''ll cripple us will not be a good idea.

i would still hazard a guess that administration would be less likely were we to get promoted, and a certainty were we to stay in league 1. contrary to the precedent set by non-league football Stick out tongue [:P]

I would also ask why he would have to leap into the transfer market when everyone acknowledges our squad is pretty bloody good for league one promotion candidates?

[quote user="ref89"]I would also ask why he would have to leap into the transfer market when everyone acknowledges our squad is pretty bloody good for league one promotion candidates?[/quote]Because every manager has a different idea of how to play the game, and a different set of contacts, not to mention differing opinions on who can do the jobs necessary.