Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Question is even with a good manager do we have the players

Say we do obtain a manager with a good proven track record. Will he have resources to carry out what our chief executive claims is our one and only goal this season.After all McNally has stated very fervently that Gunn was removed to give us the best chance to achieve our goal. Promotion this season.I can only assume that he/the board have a rabbit up their sleeve. I have doubts whether this squad could mount a promotion push and if McNally really is the football wise executive that many think he is surely he thinks the same.I can''t for the life of me understand why he/they allowed Gunny to acquire so many players if his tenure was hanging by such a thread. 1-7 home defeats whilst being embarrassing and unacceptable shouldn''t lead to the dismissal of a manager after one league game. We have to assume it was the straw that broke the camels back and not just a wild knee jerk reaction.Is their somebody else calling the shots. Are we on the verge of new investment and a new era of NCFC or just at the start of another false dawn. New manager or not this club doesn''t have the players to go up!

This is probably why BG was only given 1 match. It will allow the new manager to bring new players. Its make or break time now.

No chance is this current side good enough.  One of the main reasons is Cody aside we are desperately lacking in pace all over the pitch.  Need another quality goalscorer and some real pace and strength elsewhere.  Baffling that Gunn was allowed to sign 12 nobodies if this was coming

[quote user="SI"]This is probably why BG was only given 1 match. It will allow the new manager to bring new players. Its make or break time now.[/quote]So either the board held back transfer funds from Gunn which isn''t unlikely, but then why give him any at all if they have no faith in him, or there is money coming from elsewhere now that wasn''t available before.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="SI"]This is probably why BG was only given 1 match. It will allow the new manager to bring new players. Its make or break time now.[/quote]So either the board held back transfer funds from Gunn which isn''t unlikely, but then why give him any at all if they have no faith in him, or there is money coming from elsewhere now that wasn''t available before.[/quote]As SI says, they''re probably betting the farm on getting back up.  Dangerous when you consider how long it took Forest, and how long it has taken Leeds.  I think even Man City only managed promotion through the play-offs from league 1 at first attempt.  But it may be the only option for the incumbents.

[quote user="SI"]This is probably why BG was only given 1 match. It will allow the new manager to bring new players. Its make or break time now.
[/quote]Financial situation is supposed to be dire so where are the going to get money from to bring in new players?. Already have 12 new ones. Any manager is going to want to bring in his own players so presume there must be very large rabbit to be pulled out.

Whats to say the new guy hasnt had a hand in the new players that Bryan brought in? This is just my opinion, not claiming it to be true btw!It was always on the cards that Gunny would be sacked from the moment McNally walked through the door.

After the 4-0 win at yeovil id have sed the team is good enough but then to destroy the team by sacking gunn ment we have no momentum for the next match now. whaley was a good buy, tudor jones will be a great player and we all know wat holt is about. we have no money for more players ne way

I think we''ve got a side thats got the potential to push for promotion.

We need to sort out a deal for Alnwick and sign a out n out RB.

I think the midfield is fine as is Cody and Holt but i wouldn''t say no to someone else there aswell.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="SI"]This is probably why BG was only given 1 match. It will allow the new manager to bring new players. Its make or break time now.[/quote]So either the board held back transfer funds from Gunn which isn''t unlikely, but then why give him any at all if they have no faith in him, or there is money coming from elsewhere now that wasn''t available before.[/quote]Maybe they are using  different funds  ( i.e. money for the repayment of loans in 2010).