Sign in to follow this  
kennyfoggo

Anyone Thought

Now there''s a question.....

Lets take into account, the boards insistence that we cannot buy Huckerby as we simply can''t afford him... Huckerby himself stating he would be hapy to stay here...Worthington saying that everything is being done to bring him here..

There just maybe something going on..Let me suggest..

If I am right the loan deal includes Man City paying some or half of his wages, now why would we (Club) want to buy the guy any earlier than we have too and put a player on probally a highier wage package than we are use to.

Why not save a little on his wage and let Man City continue to top them up...

Why haven''t we heard that another club/clubs are intersted in buying him, if he is such demand. Surely every club in the 1st and Prem are aware, just what the guy has achieved while being here.... Also it has been 3-4 days since his price tag was in the press...Ample time for offers to be tabled, and if they were he would have been recalled for discussions.

So perhaps the deal has been struck, for the end of the loan period. And if this is wrong and someone comes in for him.....City will have to act..and if they don''t all the above is purely clap trap..and I am good at that

Just a thought..

A good point.

Here''s another thought - what if we buy Huckerby and he loses his shooting boots. It happened to Nielsen and Libbra. Players need contracts for their families security but when they get they can slack off a bit (I''m looking at YOU Iwan), could this happen to King Darren of Carrow?

And what happens if we spend a couple of million in wages etc and it just doesn''t quite happen for him/us?

Another good point!

It all comes down to the club''s ambition I suppose - without wishing to state the screamingly obvious, the above scenario re; us forking out millions for Huckerby only to see apathy/ lack of form blight his time here.......... well, that could happen to any player, really. And I must just say, if we - and lets all PLEASE be brutally honest here, its more likely than not - DONT sign Huckerby, it is not necessarily down to the board being crap, lacking in ambiton et al. We are still losing money hand over fist- we cannot afford to gamble the future of the club long term just because one player comes in on loan and plays a blinder for half a dozen games. Make no mistake, if we can afford the guy, we will buy him. But if we cant afford him, i''m satisfied the board will do the correct thing - and not sign him. Its disappointing, but at least we''ll still have a team to watch.

yeah, forever in this division, which is getting tiring to say the least. We have put up with crap for years and now we finally have a real chance of something good and we don''t go for it?

So there''s no money, there will be if we don''t sign Hucks, finish about 10th and Drury and Greeno jump ship. You can''t expect them to remain here forever. Then yet another rebuild!! Just how patient do we have to be?

How do we know Hucks would just go to sleep once he had a nice fat contract, we don''t, but we do know he is capable of helping us out of this division. I know about finance and sticking to a budget, I must be the only person over the age of 18 who doesn''t have a credit card, but we really have to take this chance, Hucks has said he wants to stay, if he really doesn''t he will name a huge price and be gone. If that happens they it happens. But I think he wants to stay, Worthy wants him to stay. I am no financial genius who can come up with convincing figures, but the money in merchandising, increased ticket sales etc that he would bring in would be worth it, and the thought of the Premiership - surely getting back there is our aim. We cannot wait for ever. Worthy, bless him, has hit gold, now its time to make sure we keep him.

I agree. I am forever grateful to our board for turning the club around after the Chase years, but all we want as fans is one gamble - no major Leeds-style investment, just one gamble. If the rumoured figure of £850,000 is enough to get him, it''s surely not going to push the club overboard is it? Ok, we have wages to contend with. But am I not right in saying that after Christmas the new South Stand will gradually be opened, consequently increasing revenue? I know it won''t be a huge amount and the real difference on income the stand will make won''t be really felt until next year, but it puts us in a position to be able to bid for him, doesn''t it? Huckerby is the kind of player who sells out stadiums, and with 25,000 people paying to watch him at the usual price of £15-£20 a ticket, are we sure we can''t just push the boat out just this once?

I have to say that I have seen Hucks play quite a few times and the worsed games I have seen him play were when he was played out on the left. Even then he caused a lot of problems with his pace alone.

I think that he is one of these players that has real class about him and creates as many goals as he scores. Nielsen not only dried up goal wise but was never really a great goal maker. When you look at it Hucks has actually set up more goals than he has scored so far, but that is because he is able to get into positions where he has more time to pick out a pass or is able to drag severall defenders away to one side.

When was the last time we had a player that other teams genuinly feared? Iwan for all his might was only ever double marked on corners and set pieces, his pace never being of any real threat to defences. McVeigh for all his class is not the most physicall of strikers and so usually gets man marked and sometimes fades out of the game for it.

Hucks scairs opposition defences because he is reasonably tall and doesnt mind putting himself about a bit and they can not afford to mark him tightly because of his pace. He is the ultimate defenders headache, and I should know I am one!

Another angle on it could be, we buy Huckerby many people will come back to watching as the new stand will be partly open,.... if we don''t buy will they come back.. it is all well and good saying they are fair weather or glory hunting supporters, but the club doesn''t care what they are as long as it is bums on seats. pounds in tills...

Tacklebury - couldn''t agree more. If he really IS for sale at £850k, we need to buy him. I agree that its not unreasonable for the board to come up with that figure, given the size of the club, the impact the player has had and the future increased revenue from the new stand. I just fear that, realistically, players such as Huckerby aren''t going to come that cheaply. And if we dont match Man City''s potential £1.5m - £2m valuation, the board will be crucified for not buying him. I just get a bit wound up by some fans "buy at whatever cost" mentality.

Whatever, we should be sounding out Man City NOW. And like all of us on here, I would love it if we signed him!