Sign in to follow this  
Lord Flashheart

Does anybody else think that these constant rumour-mongering threads are turd?

"Have been to Colney today to watch the team train, and over heard some discussion which had 3 manager names!!""As some of you might know i am friendly with steve coppell and he was

telling me that he visited CR and colney yesterday and apparently he''s

going to apply for the job.""Paul Jewell be named manager by the weekend!!""OMG I SAW AIDY BOOTHROYD IN TOWN!"Have you nothing better to do with your time than attempting to seak faux-popularity by posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum? You do realise that your constant references to your ''sources'' mean absolutely nothing to the rest of us? Seriously, we''ll know soon enough, so why not give it a rest? [|-)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]"Have been to Colney today to watch the team train, and over heard some discussion which had 3 manager names!!""As some of you might know i am friendly with steve coppell and he was

going to apply for the job.""Paul Jewell be named manager by the weekend!!""OMG I SAW AIDY BOOTHROYD IN TOWN!"Have you nothing better to do with your time than attempting to seak faux-popularity by posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum? You do realise that your constant references to your ''sources'' mean absolutely nothing to the rest of us? Seriously, we''ll know soon enough, so why not give it a rest? [|-)][/quote]Have you nothing better to do with your time than attempting to seek

faux-popularity by complaining about other people posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]"Have been to Colney today to watch the team train, and over heard some discussion which had 3 manager names!!""As some of you might know i am friendly with steve coppell and he was

going to apply for the job.""Paul Jewell be named manager by the weekend!!""OMG I SAW AIDY BOOTHROYD IN TOWN!"Have you nothing better to do with your time than attempting to seak faux-popularity by posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum? You do realise that your constant references to your ''sources'' mean absolutely nothing to the rest of us? Seriously, we''ll know soon enough, so why not give it a rest? [|-)][/quote]Have you nothing better to do with your time than attempting to seek

faux-popularity by complaining about other people posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum?

[/quote]I don''t really see any harm in it. [*-)]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]"Have been to Colney today to watch the team train, and over heard some discussion which had 3 manager names!!""As some of you might know i am friendly with steve coppell and he was

[/quote]I don''t really see any harm in it. [*-)][/quote]I just wondered, as I have nothing better to do than attempt to seek faux-notoriety by complaining about your complaining about other people posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum.

Besides, it''s hardly the same, is it? It''s not like I''m deliberately trying to deceive my fellow fans into thinking that I have some kind of special insight into club affairs. I''m merely pointing out that such threads are a bit futile since pointing out that one has ''sources'' equates to bugger all.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Besides, it''s hardly the same, is it? It''s not like I''m deliberately trying to deceive my fellow fans into thinking that I have some kind of special insight into club affairs. I''m merely pointing out that such threads are a bit futile since pointing out that one has ''sources'' equates to bugger all.[/quote]Ah, but the rumour threads are merely disseminating dis-information, whereas your thread suggests that the freedom of speech of these rumour-mongers should be limited.  The futility of both types of thread, given their location and content, is about equal in my humble opinion.

"I just wondered, as I have nothing better to do than attempt to seek faux-notoriety by complaining about your complaining about other people posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum."

haha - nice... very funny...

But yeah, in all seriousness Flashheart does have a point doesn''t he? :)

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Besides, it''s hardly the same, is it? It''s not like I''m deliberately trying to deceive my fellow fans into thinking that I have some kind of special insight into club affairs. I''m merely pointing out that such threads are a bit futile since pointing out that one has ''sources'' equates to bugger all.[/quote]Ah, but the rumour threads are merely disseminating dis-information, whereas your thread suggests that the freedom of speech of these rumour-mongers should be limited.  The futility of both types of thread, given their location and content, is about equal in my humble opinion.[/quote]I wouldn''t go as far as that. There''s no reason to ban rumour threads. Personally I find them quite dull and ultimately pointless and wondered whether anybody else did. [Y]

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Besides, it''s hardly the same, is it? It''s not like I''m deliberately trying to deceive my fellow fans into thinking that I have some kind of special insight into club affairs. I''m merely pointing out that such threads are a bit futile since pointing out that one has ''sources'' equates to bugger all.[/quote]Ah, but the rumour threads are merely disseminating dis-information, whereas your thread suggests that the freedom of speech of these rumour-mongers should be limited.  The futility of both types of thread, given their location and content, is about equal in my humble opinion.[/quote]I wouldn''t go as far as that. There''s no reason to ban rumour threads. Personally I find them quite dull and ultimately pointless and wondered whether anybody else did. [Y][/quote]God yes, they are dull and pointless, but without them, what would we fill our pointless little lives with ?  Threads the opposite of this moaning about the lack of rumours.  I remember the summer we bought only Lee Croft, man that was dull in comparison !

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I just wondered, as I have nothing better to do than attempt to seek faux-notoriety by complaining about your complaining about other people posting half-arsed rumours on a football forum."

haha - nice... very funny...

But yeah, in all seriousness Flashheart does have a point doesn''t he? :)[/quote]yes - yes he does.  But so do I [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Besides, it''s hardly the same, is it? It''s not like I''m deliberately trying to deceive my fellow fans into thinking that I have some kind of special insight into club affairs. I''m merely pointing out that such threads are a bit futile since pointing out that one has ''sources'' equates to bugger all.[/quote]Ah, but the rumour threads are merely disseminating dis-information, whereas your thread suggests that the freedom of speech of these rumour-mongers should be limited.  The futility of both types of thread, given their location and content, is about equal in my humble opinion.[/quote]I wouldn''t go as far as that. There''s no reason to ban rumour threads. Personally I find them quite dull and ultimately pointless and wondered whether anybody else did. [Y][/quote]God yes, they are dull and pointless, but without them, what would we fill our pointless little lives with ?  Threads the opposite of this moaning about the lack of rumours.  I remember the summer we bought only Lee Croft, man that was dull in comparison ![/quote]I''d like to reply to this properly but I''ve just received a text from my source that Steve Coppell is in town getting a hair cut. I''d best go and tell everybody.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Besides, it''s hardly the same, is it? It''s not like I''m deliberately trying to deceive my fellow fans into thinking that I have some kind of special insight into club affairs. I''m merely pointing out that such threads are a bit futile since pointing out that one has ''sources'' equates to bugger all.[/quote]Ah, but the rumour threads are merely disseminating dis-information, whereas your thread suggests that the freedom of speech of these rumour-mongers should be limited.  The futility of both types of thread, given their location and content, is about equal in my humble opinion.[/quote]I wouldn''t go as far as that. There''s no reason to ban rumour threads. Personally I find them quite dull and ultimately pointless and wondered whether anybody else did. [Y][/quote]God yes, they are dull and pointless, but without them, what would we fill our pointless little lives with ?  Threads the opposite of this moaning about the lack of rumours.  I remember the summer we bought only Lee Croft, man that was dull in comparison ![/quote]I''d like to reply to this properly but I''ve just received a text from my source that Steve Coppell is in town getting a hair cut. I''d best go and tell everybody.[/quote]You didn''t get my carrier pidgeon about Steve Tilson at Barnham Broom ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Lord Flashheart"]Besides, it''s hardly the same, is it? It''s not like I''m deliberately trying to deceive my fellow fans into thinking that I have some kind of special insight into club affairs. I''m merely pointing out that such threads are a bit futile since pointing out that one has ''sources'' equates to bugger all.[/quote]Ah, but the rumour threads are merely disseminating dis-information, whereas your thread suggests that the freedom of speech of these rumour-mongers should be limited.  The futility of both types of thread, given their location and content, is about equal in my humble opinion.[/quote]I wouldn''t go as far as that. There''s no reason to ban rumour threads. Personally I find them quite dull and ultimately pointless and wondered whether anybody else did. [Y][/quote]God yes, they are dull and pointless, but without them, what would we fill our pointless little lives with ?  Threads the opposite of this moaning about the lack of rumours.  I remember the summer we bought only Lee Croft, man that was dull in comparison ![/quote]I''d like to reply to this properly but I''ve just received a text from my source that Steve Coppell is in town getting a hair cut. I''d best go and tell everybody.[/quote]You didn''t get my carrier pidgeon about Steve Tilson at Barnham Broom ?[/quote]I did but I was playing marshong with Nigel Adkins at the time and he said you''re wrong.

That''s nothing - I bumped into Glenn Hoddle last night at Liquid, and he said David Icke was a shoe in for the job.  Oh - hang on a minute, the nurse wants me.

The Pink''Un Guide To Rumour-MongeringMake it difficult to falsify (i.e. impossible to refute easily - "My source told me that Mark Robins is in Norwich" for example).Include a secret source and an example of he or she being right before (i.e. a non-specific somebody that told you who has proved trustworthy - "My source is extremely reliable and is in constant contact with the club, he told me that Gunn was going to be sacked").Pretend to be apologetic if you are wrong (i.e. return to the forum and say that your source was wrong - "Oh well, he''s sometimes right, but let''s move on!")Point out that you''re only the messenger (i.e. use your source to shief the blame upon - "I''m only telling you what I''ve heard!"Example:"Just to let you know that my source told me that Mark Robins in in Norwich. My source is extremely reliable and is in constant contact with the club and has been right in the past - he told me that Gunn was going to be sacked! Sometimes he''s wrong but I''m only passing on what I''ve heard! OTBC!"[|-)]

"yes - yes he does.  But so do I [:)]"

That it''s a boring thread complaining about even more boring threads, and your comments are even more boring? [;)]

[quote user="First Jedi"]That it''s a boring thread complaining about even more boring threads, and your comments are even more boring? [;)][/quote]Yep - that''s about it.