Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Wesley Hoolahan OUT???

bit of a misleading title!

but can someone please explain the reasons for keeping him?

Reasons why we should sell him are:

*very very very very very very very small

*very very very very very very very weak

*one footed

*we could get good money for him

*lappin can play there, imo just as well and has a great cross

dont know who else could play there? mcveigh?

yes he is a good player but i would be happy to see him go as we can get good money for him and he isnt that essential imo.

Thoughts?

COYY

Oh dear..So Lappin can do a job like Hoolahan? Yes he may leave the left flank exposed but he''s meant to be an attacking midfielder who makes thing happen not a left midfielder. Is it any coincidence he is getting one of the best player ratings every match?Then again you just said you wouldn''t want Alan Curbishley as manager so I don''t know why there''s any point discussing this.

Because if you get his role in the team right then you won''t see a better player in this league.

Teams are going to be double marking him all season long, which isn''t always a problem for him because he''s too good on the ball anyway but also it means that there is space somewhere for someone else to exploit.

[quote user="Brendan"]Please answer the question in hand?[/quote]

I am not sure you will be bothered with him for much longer.

seems no one ever agrees with me :(

im not good at this. just giving my honest opinions, i havent seen Hoolahan play well often enough for me.

THE QUESTION IN HAND WANTS TO GET BUSY , KNOW WHAT I MEAN OLE BOY

Brendan have you seen any of our games this season?

Best player against Colchester by a country mile.

He is a stand out player, we don''t need the money after carting off other players. I''d rather get rid of Russell for a similar fee, if not slightly higher who isn''t playing currently. Where as in my opinion Hoolahan is one of the first names on the team sheet. I rate Lappin and he will get a chance this season, but if we''re challenging for promotion why sell our stand our players when the money isn''t a necessity.

A few reasons why people may be ignoring you....

1. You have Jon Otsemeboor as your picture, probably one of the worst players to ever pull on a norwich shirt ( i realise i have gunn as my picture but im useless with computers to even try and change it)

2. Many of your posts have been pro gunn, pro board, which is clearly against many norwich fans views.

3. You seem like a bit of a donkey to be honest

Try [url=http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1728204/ShowPost.aspx]this post[/url] that I sagely produced in June of this year.And [url=http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1728204/ShowPost.aspx]here[/url] in the same month where I suggested he may as well go if he isn''t fielded in a free role.Hoolahan is effective in a free role if you have strong & pacey wingers who play wide.After all these weeks, nay months, I''m pretty bored of stressing that fact now.

[quote user="Brendan"]bit of a misleading title! but can someone please explain the reasons for keeping him? Reasons why we should sell him are: *very very very very very very very small *very very very very very very very weak *one footed *we could get good money for him *lappin can play there, imo just as well and has a great cross dont know who else could play there? mcveigh? yes he is a good player but i would be happy to see him go as we can get good money for him and he isnt that essential imo. Thoughts? COYY[/quote]

Rest assured his agent is actively working to relieve you from keeping him.

He is the most creative player in our team by a country mile, if we use him correctly he is the key to us challenging this season. He would be the last player in the current squad I would want to lose, what he has isn''t easily replaceable.

[quote user="Brendan"]bit of a misleading title! but can someone please explain the reasons for keeping him? Reasons why we should sell him are: *very very very very very very very small *very very very very very very very weak *one footed *we could get good money for him *lappin can play there, imo just as well and has a great cross dont know who else could play there? mcveigh? yes he is a good player but i would be happy to see him go as we can get good money for him and he isnt that essential imo. Thoughts? COYY[/quote]

You do start some strange threads.

[quote user="Brendan"]Thanks, then i would like to see a man come in and use him correctly.[/quote]

Only Gunny persuaded him he wasn''t wasting his time in League One  and that took some doing if he ever updates the book.

On behalf of Ireland I would The Hooligan out of your club as fast as it can be managed.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="Brendan"]Thanks, then i would like to see a man come in and use him correctly.[/quote]

Only Gunny persuaded him he wasn''t wasting his time in League One  and that took some doing if he ever updates the book.

On behalf of Ireland I would The Hooligan out of your club as fast as it can be managed.

[/quote]And on behalf of myself I want Colchester and Lincoln relegated out of their respective leagues as fast as it can be managed.Maybe we will both get what we want.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Rest assured his agent is actively working to relieve you from keeping him.

[/quote]

Seriously, this isn''t rocket science! If I were an opposing manager with a game coming up against Norwich I would see Hoolahan (a midget) being the sole creative player, fielded on the left of the park, where there is no pace, and exploit that weakness with a defender & a midfielder snuffing him out of play intermittently , allowing both my pacey wingsters to create chances & goals all over the f*cking place.Why oh why can''t people grasp the aforementioned reasoning''s? More importantly, why the f*ck can''t handsomely salaried NCFC managers of the last six seasons seasons grasp the notion that pacey wingers are as prevalent in today''s game as they ever were?

If we don''t acquire the ilk of Steve Coppell who actually possesses a footballing brain, we''re f*cked.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]

And on behalf of myself I want Colchester and Lincoln relegated out of their respective leagues as fast as it can be managed.

Maybe we will both get what we want.
[/quote]

Let''s hope so.  You get Colchester and Lincoln relegated and I get Hoolahan out of Norwich City.

RESULT.

[quote user="GJP"]

Because if you get his role in the team right then you won''t see a better player in this league.

Teams are going to be double marking him all season long, which isn''t always a problem for him because he''s too good on the ball anyway but also it means that there is space somewhere for someone else to exploit.

[/quote]

I did''nt go to the Exeter game but on the commentary on numerous occasions we were told how 3 or 4 Exeter players were round him when he had the ball, so, where was the space and why did''nt he pass the bloddy ball. He is a good player but too often he tries one trick too many !

[quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

I did''nt go to the Exeter game but on the commentary on numerous occasions we were told how 3 or 4 Exeter players were round him when he had the ball, so, where was the space and why did''nt he pass the bloddy ball. He is a good player but too often he tries one trick too many !

[/quote]

Who knows.  But when was the last time an opposing team put two players on one man.  I think it began with an H  - Hoolerby was it? Or was it Huckeran?

[:|]

[/quote]

[/quote]More often than not he actually tricked his way past all of them, and once or twice set McDonald up with a good oppertunity to go on and score. And anyways that was only in the second half.In the first he only had 2, and would of ran the show if he had been played in a more central role.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Greaves and Best didn''t pass the ball either.

Anyway, I still hope he gets out.  All power to his agent.

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="Canary Pirate"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Greaves and Best didn''t pass the ball either.

Anyway, I still hope he gets out.  All power to his agent.

[/quote]Thanks for wishing we lose arguably our best player [^o)]

I don''t think anyone disagrees with you, i think the problem they have with him is balance and playing our best team. I liken it to the way England play really. They want to play lots of central midfielders and so what they do is say Gerrard, you can play on the left but actually, you can pretty much roam where you like. Ashley Cole, you are gonna have to get up a lot and add the width, meaning the right back has to hang back a lot as he knows Cole will be attacking a lot.

Problem with Norwich is we have everything to do this, except the left back..... at the moment. Spillane could stay back in the right back role which is perfect, Whaley can keep the width on the right, Hoolahan can play on the left but actually play in the centre most of the match attacking, the issue is we have Drury at left back who is crap when attacking. The only way the formation can work is if Wiggins gets fit quick, he could provide the width on the left, Spillane holds back attacking and this freeing up Hoolahan.

The only other options are we play one in front of Hoolahan but i don''t think it works as we can only play the holding man with no pace or the quick man with no strength. Or.... we play 2 up front with Hoolahan behind and then a tight midfield 3 as i don''t think Hoolahan works hard enough to be a central midfielder, trouble is you have to drop most width then unless the fullbacks get forward enough.

I personally prefer the top option, its just we need Wiggins who can get up and down.

Brendan. All due respect to you but you''ll win no buddy''s here if you start this ''misleading'' title stuff. Don''t pick up on others bad habits. And while I''m having a gripe... Camul - sod off! I appreciate your journo input and actually loved your outsiders take on stuff lately, but if you''re coming on here to stir up stuff then pack it in! My emotions are shot without you cranking up the let''s get Hooly out campaign all day. I think it''s great to host usurpers, especially informed (...) ones, but is it too much to ask you to tone down the agenda led vandalism?