Sign in to follow this  
norfolkchance1

Would Coppell be the unanimous choice on this message board?

After reading many posts about manager choices if the Norwich board have learned anything from previous appointments the fans aren''t usually wrong.

Roeder wasn''t liked before he took over -and failed, Gunn wasn''t wanted as manager by a lot on here - and failed

Therefore if any of Norwich board want to learn they need to assess who the fans would consider a decent choice- it also may give the new man more time should things go wrong if the fans are fully behind the manager. With the last two or three managers I have sensed the fans haven''t really waned them in charge.

Therefore after hearing a lot about Coppell Would he be the unanimous choice if it was left for the fans to pick him?

For me, yes. Although would also be very happy with Nigel Adkins, Steve Tilson or Paul Lambert. Would be okay with Aidy Boothroyd.

Whoever is appointed will be the unanimous choice of the board.  Thats how it works 

Even if its preference no 10...

He has had remarkable success with most of his appointments so yes on that front but he has quit jobs twice due to pressure and lack of finance...

Yes, Coppell - streets ahead of the rest.I very much doubt that he will want to come - no money, big debt, big struggle, etc.

Yes. I''m sure it won''t be him but definitely my no 1 choice.

When Coppell left Reading at the end of the season he is on record as saying he wanted to take a year off to see more of his family, particularly helping out his son who was in America at the time.

I''d find it highly unlikely that he''d go back on that to help a club in Norwich''s state. Keep on dreaming though.

[quote user="First Wizard"]No, Steve Tilson for me, he knows this division.[/quote]Coppell is miles ahead of him, a better manager in my opinion.Although, i cannot see Coppell coming to League One now, and Tilson wouldn''t be a bad choice.

[quote user="First Wizard"]No, Steve Tilson for me, he knows this division.[/quote]At last me and Wiz agree on something. Tilson knows this league inside out and could do well with Norwich.

[quote user="First Wizard"]No, Steve Tilson for me, he knows this division.[/quote]There you go, question clearly answered Coppell would not be a unanimous choice.

Gordan Strachan for me! I know it''s a long shot but with his McNally connection is it possible? Plus it would always be entertaining (not that it isn''t atm. of course)

If Coppell is appointed I would go straight to the club shop and buy the new away shirt with the words ''stevie coppells green army'' on the back!Go on then Wiz, why Tilson over S.C?

robbins would be my choice, with boothroyd as a second, also think webb could possibly do a job for us aswell, did well at kings lynn and knows how to run a budget, wouldnt say no to mick harford or even malky mckay,

but would defintaly be happy if it was robbins as manager,