Sign in to follow this  
ref89

Manager in place???

Now on Kick it off:http://www.kickitoff.co.uk/2009/08/breaking-news-our-man-is-in-place/

Or just more guesswork?

If true then it would have to be someone who is out of work. I can''t see us having sorted out compensation with another club etc and got terms in place already.

I just hope it''s not Crook or Butterworth, it''s certainly worrying that it seems to have happened so quickly unless most of the donkey work was done last week.

[quote user="TheGoogler"]They''ve been right more often than not. Not always, but more often than not.[/quote]

I am just being sceptical. People will be guessing that "someone will be appointed today" every day leading up to the appointment.

[quote user="eagle"]

[quote user="TheGoogler"]They''ve been right more often than not. Not always, but more often than not.[/quote]

I am just being sceptical. People will be guessing that "someone will be appointed today" every day leading up to the appointment.

[/quote]

Yep, totally agree we should be sceptical. I''m just saying that they''ve been right before.

My theory has been that after the 1-7 against Colchester McNally stood up and called for Bryan Gunn to be sacked, thsi was seconded by Stefan Phillips and Alan Bowket but dismissed outright by Delia and the 2 Micheals. Then McNally says something along the lines of "I can find you a much better manager than Gunn" who will come to "Little Old" Norwich. A few days later, havig done some digging, He returns to the board room with his list (God knows who is on it) and presents the potential candidates to his fellow directors, The list Impresses at least one of them and the other 2 are talked round and Gunn is no more. In the mean time Norwich have beaten Yeovil 4-0 in the cup, presenting a problem, if they wait untill next week the trick could be repeated at Exeter making them look very silly by sacking the manageer after 2 good wins so the deed is done the night before the exeter game. McNally knows who his targets are and weather they are interested and only has to deal with the formalities.

I must stress this is just a Theory.

DRFD : That''s as good a theory as I''ve heard. I must say that I''d imagined

something similar to that. Obviously - you''d hope that this is the case

because the alternative theory would be one which involves more panic

and PR.

[quote user="ref89"]Now on Kick it off:http://www.kickitoff.co.uk/2009/08/breaking-news-our-man-is-in-place/[/quote]Why do sites reckon they have news, when after reading it is no more than utter unsubstantiated drivel, in the the lines of, ''I know, but can''t tell you crap''.

[quote user="Romantic"]DRFD : That''s as good a theory as I''ve heard. I must say that I''d imagined

something similar to that. Obviously - you''d hope that this is the case

because the alternative theory would be one which involves more panic

and PR.[/quote]Took the words right out of my mouth [;)]

It also shows the outside view of  Norwich compared to Delias - Her view of what top manager would want to come to "little old Norwich" and McNally having a view of Norwich being a Big club that many managers would be glad to take,

Wasn''t there a rumor that Hodgson applied when we appointed Grant?

I would be surprised if McNally hasn''t got someone lined up. I expect news today - although the fact Butterworth has been told he''s in charge for Brentford is disappointing, as we''ll lose under him.

Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, Butterworth has confirmed that he has been asked to take charge again on Tuesday.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, Butterworth has confirmed that he has been asked to take charge again on Tuesday.[/quote]

Well that''s that rumour out the window lol

More guess work from ACE, hoping that his vague stab in the dark will come true. And if not, at least he will get some hits on his website

Thought I would pop on here (although it would be lovely for some of you to support local, indepedent websites obviously....)We can''t get it "right" all the time as we are governed by the people telling US.  We have to make decisions on whether it is reliable enough to stick our necks out for.  Of course if its wrong, the source was wrong and we hold our hands up.For example, we have a source in the club, yep right in there.  But even they have been "wrong" in as much as they say something is going to happen, but due to hold ups etc it is out off a few days and then looks like it was wrong/speculation.It would be foolish to just say "well they are spouting crap if we hear nothing today" type black and white nonsense.Oh, and if you look hard enough its not just us reporting it...

[quote user="Camuldonum"]Regardless of who is right and who is wrong, Butterworth has confirmed that he has been asked to take charge again on Tuesday.[/quote]That would make sense even if a new man was unveiled today. The new man wouldn''t of seen the players and so Butterworth would be a better option for that match.

[quote user="Big Dog "]I would be surprised if McNally hasn''t got someone lined up. I expect news today - although the fact Butterworth has been told he''s in charge for Brentford is disappointing, as we''ll lose under him.[/quote]I don''t, I expect ''the candidate'' will watch the game Tuesday from the stands to access the situation without too much attention before hand.

If a manager was appointed today, would it be considered unrealistic to take sole charge tomorrow night?

For "his" site, read "Norwich City Fan Site" that any NCFC fan should want to support?

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]More guess work from ACE, hoping that his vague stab in the dark will come true. And if not, at least he will get some hits on his website[/quote]