Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

Need advice on getting to brentford?

Club Canary has now sold out. I''m seventeen, and can''t afford to drive.Best way to get to the game? If people could give me train advice or whatever, it''d be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

[quote user="Canary88"]National Express East Anglia have singles from £12.45[/quote]Is that to london...or brentford?

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="Canary88"]National Express East Anglia have singles from £12.45[/quote]Is that to london...or brentford?[/quote]If brentford, could you link me?

National Express trains run at 10.30pm and 11.30pm from Liverpool Street back to Norwich.

I am going to Waterloo from Liverpool Street and taking the train to Brentford Station which is 5 minutes from the stadium  (there a train at 9.54 which goes back to Waterloo.  go on www.tfl.gov.uk to work out other ways to get to the stadium from Liverpool Street.

Or you can go to Stratford and get the tube from there into Waterloo.

I hate planning Journey''s, i''m absolutely dreading this, im bound to make a balls up.Would it make sense to get a Central Line train from Liverpool Streat to Ealing Broadway Station, to take a bus which takes me within 5 minutes walking distance of the ground?

Out of interest, anyone going down during the day? I''m going on the train from Norwich at midday ish, and staying overnight. Would be good to meet up with a few on the train for a beer.

tickets sold out for this game then? i was planning on going down to on satdee.

I''ll be going down late morningish....because i have no idea how to actually get there. ALTHOUGH, if you know where you''re going it''d be awfully good if i coincidentally met you, then i could essentially stalk you to the ground. [:)]

Oh and forgot to say thanks guys for helping me. All i really know is to get a train to liverpool street from Norwich. From there, i''ll just hope i can work something out [:D]

Lets hope they don''t decide to go and strike again, otherwise we could be in trouble.

To ask another question anyone know how long it takes to get from liverpool street to brentford, thinking of getting the train but not sure if it will be cutting it tight with times. Might have to end up driving.

Think people have covered most things, but travel advice for Brentford can be found on the Caps website (link below).

[quote user="Matt Juler"]Think people have covered most things, but travel advice for Brentford can be found on the Caps website (link below).[/quote]Thanks again.I really think the best way is for me to go to Liverpool Street, then just...work it out from there. [:)]I''m slightly cautious about getting back, however [:(]

if theres any terraced tickets left im 70% going and will be on my own on the train from norwich if you fancy some company.

[quote user="riers"]if theres any terraced tickets left im 70% going and will be on my own on the train from norwich if you fancy some company.[/quote]Well me and a mate are going together, but if you actually know where you''re going, then we will most certainly accompany you! [:)]

Hogesar

Best bet from Liverpool St is Circle line to Embankment (I think) and then the Northern to Waterloo.  OR get the Central to Bank and then the Waterloo & City line (not advisable if youre going through late afternoon as its packed with commuters).  From Waterloo you want the trains towards Feltham - they run every 15 mins or so

Im going down in the morning, working in London and then going to the game from there

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="riers"]if theres any terraced tickets left im 70% going and will be on my own on the train from norwich if you fancy some company.[/quote]Well me and a mate are going together, but if you actually know where you''re going, then we will most certainly accompany you! [:)][/quote]i was just gonna stay on the tube, south ealing - holborn - liv street. unless any londoners think thats a crap route.

Train journeys involving changes for midweek games can cause a few problems when coming back but i''m sure you''ll be ok in London, trains run late down there.

i went to Donny away on a friday night last season on my own and was seriously struggling with flu, the ground was a 20minute walk from the station and i missed the last train to Sheffield by 2minutes because i had no energy to run, had to pay for a taxi to Sheffield and then got my train back to Notts. Fun times

This website is always a godsend for away games:http://www.footballgroundguide.com/brentford/Looking at that, it says that the tube station is 15 minutes walk from the ground. If you want to take the overland train from Waterloo to Brentford instead (5 min walk to ground), knowing Waterloo station, you''ll spend 10 minutes walking from the tube to the train so with that and the extra tube rides, I wouldn''t think it''s worth it. Ealing runs Central line to Liverpool St so I would go with that - in fact I will!

You can save time by getting off at Stratford and then taking the Jubilee line to Waterloo and vice versa on return. Not sure if all Norwich trains stop at Stratford but we will be picking up the Norwich train at Ipswich at 1608 - Stratford 1710 - Waterloo departure 1807 - Brentford1837 in time for a beer before the game. Returning Brentford 2139 - Waterloo 2211 - Stratford departure 2307 - Ipswich 0020. Then drive home to Felixstowe.

Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks everyone. I''ve now decided to go by coach instead....purely because it''s half the price! [:)] (Bussing to Victoria Road, which is only 3 miles from the football ground!)

Another way to get there is go from Liverpool Street to Oxford Circus on the Central line and then get the Bakerloo line to Waterloo and then Waterloo to Brentford.

well i think im going by train as well alone but i''ll just tag along with some norwich fans hopefully and then have a pint at one of the 4 pub at each corner of the ground :P