Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Who still believes that City will gain promotion this season.

After all the turmoil (yet again) I just can''t see it myself. Whoever takes up the poisoned chalice which is the NCFC manager''s job has a heck of a task on his hands. I have never felt quite as disillusioned as I do now with the club I love.

Depends entirely on the manager! If we get someone like Hasselbaink or someone else inexperienced then no i dont believe we will. But get someone with success and experience, eg Coppell, etc then i believe its still possible, only 5 points off top spot!

i thought 2nd/3rd prior to the season starting, so on the probability i thought it maybe 50-50, maybe 51-49 in favour!

Now i give us a 1 in 10 chance of going up. We''ve given 5 points away to Leeds and Charlton (our 2 biggest rivals prior to start of season) already, 2 of only 3 teams who are unbeaten so far - coincidence?

We have at least 1 more game without a manager where its more likely than not they will stretch the 5 point gap and with no guarantee of our rot stopping either even after that (Maybe with the exception of signing Coppell).

I think we are looking at playoff places at best unless something drastic happens, and thats then a lottery.

If the new manager is the correct choice then just maybe we can sneak the play offs but imo we will finish mid table at the moment,as for your last comment it''s word for word how i posted my feelings about the club after they appointed Gunn,it''s getting harder and harder to admit to being a City fan because when you do you just get the p taken out of you for ten minutes and then the puzzled look and the "What evers going on with your lot" line,i love the club but not the direction we are heading![:@][:(]

At the moment mid table looks a challenge in itself , didnt think at the start of the season we would be up to it and our chances seem to get smaller with every passing game.

Phat Canary, I can still admit to being a Canary with relative ease. I live in Manchester where everyone is a student from down south but supports United, and I work in Wigan where 5years ago everyone was United or Liverpool but all of a sudden "I''ve supported Latics all my life". So as soon as I get stick, I just use the hometown club line and they shut up.

Charlton and Leeds are almost certs for automatic promotion. Our best hope is the play-offs, and I never fancy our chances in those.

[quote user="yellowdamien"]Phat Canary, I can still admit to being a Canary with relative ease. I live in Manchester where everyone is a student from down south but supports United, and I work in Wigan where 5years ago everyone was United or Liverpool but all of a sudden "I''ve supported Latics all my life". So as soon as I get stick, I just use the hometown club line and they shut up.[/quote]

Don''t worry I always admit it but as i say it gets harder and harder because as the seasons plod along other teams fans get more and more sh** to through at us!!!

I know what you mean. I was watching the Man City match with a load of their fans sat next to me in the pub when the witch made her stupid drunken appearance. That was pretty damn embarrassing.