Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Panic

Plain and simple panic.

That''s the best way to describe the timing  and brutality of the sacking of Bryan Gunn.

If I were him I would demand and insist on being paid every penny contractually due.

And take a seat in the Barclay next home match.

OTBC

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Rubbish. They did what had to be done. Putting the same team back out at half time is one thing, but then telling everyone post match wasn''t sure what went wrong or why he did that?[/quote]

Two year contract in May.

12 players signed since.

One league game, one cup game.

Fired.

New manager will inherit Gunn''s players, an empty kitty, and a few days to work the transfer market.

= Panic.

The Empress clearly has no clothes, but who will call her bluff?

She might strike lucky, but I doubt it. The club has become too soft and feminised to compete effectively in a hard world - and now over-reacts in the brutal and callous (they would call it decisive, I expect) way in which they cast out Gunn.

Dear oh dear, what next?

It''s been pretty clear for some time now that nothing less than a new owner with a clear vision and high expectations is likely to turn the club around.

OTBC

If they were going to fire him, they should have waited until 5 or 6 games in to make sure his team was crap.  They gave Worthington, Grant and Roeder way too long after things went south, but they should have not gone to the other extreme and fired him after 1 league game, especially when the Tuesday match showed significant improvement.

It is obvious last Saurday was an anomoly. I mean, it was the worst home loss EVER, so it''s not like that was going to happen repeatedly. Tuesday proved that, especially when you consider Yeovil is in the same division as us. 

There has to be more to this than just last Saturday''s game.  If you want to count last season, then he should have been fired in May. Doing it now almost seems like they are setting up for another crap season with the excuse of a manager who didn''t have his own team in place. Could they be that diabolical?

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]Rubbish. They did what had to be done. Putting the same team back out at half time is one thing, but then telling everyone post match wasn''t sure what went wrong or why he did that?[/quote]

12 players signed since.

Fired.

New manager will inherit Gunn''s players, an empty kitty, and a few days to work the transfer market.

= Panic.

She might strike lucky, but I doubt it. The club has become too soft and feminised to compete effectively in a hard world - and now over-reacts in the brutal and callous (they would call it decisive, I expect) way in which they cast out Gunn.

Dear oh dear, what next?

It''s been pretty clear for some time now that nothing less than a new owner with a clear vision and high expectations is likely to turn the club around.

OTBC

[/quote]

Holy crap, talk about being on the same page at the same time!  Great comment, Triple B.

There is about 1% of me that hopes there is a masterplan behnd this and that we make an amazing appointment or it is the harbinger of something good but the other 99% agrees with you BBB - panic. What else would explain it - a new contract, the biggest influx of players I can ever remember and then sacked after one game.

[quote user="Badger"]
There is about 1% of me that hopes there is a masterplan behnd this and that we make an amazing appointment or it is the harbinger of something good but the other 99% agrees with you BBB - panic.

What else would explain it - a new contract, the biggest influx of players I can ever remember and then sacked after one game.

[/quote]There MUST be a masterplan or we are in a big mess again.

The ''old board'' appointed Gunn, the ''new board'' spear headed by our new improved Chief Exec, Mr McNally fired Gunn... This shows he has no confidence in Gunn & lets be honest, he should never have been appointed after relegation.

I have absolute confidence in McNally & I''m convinced he''ll appoint a manager capable of achieving promotion this season.

[quote user="Iwan is God"]

The ''old board'' appointed Gunn, the ''new board'' spear headed by our new improved Chief Exec, Mr McNally fired Gunn... This shows he has no confidence in Gunn & lets be honest, he should never have been appointed after relegation.

I have absolute confidence in McNally & I''m convinced he''ll appoint a manager capable of achieving promotion this season.

[/quote]Need money for him to bring in players. We''ve just signed 12 on contracts so if new manager brought in then there must be some money somewhere.

mcnally was in chief exec when gunn was appointed in may, strikes as desperation to appease some fans and to avoid another mishap like roeder and grant, i cant help thinking they decided this monday before the game at yoevil and werent banking on the win, but because they have to give a set time of working out the week they where stuck with the decision,

i think this was another bad call the norwich board have made, yes we lost 7 - 1 but gunn but gunn mde the right choice and dropped the players that didnt perform and we won, showed some balls to do that and i believe he got that right

shocked yes at his sacking,

surprised no shouldnt of been given the job anyway,

panic , yes obviously this is a rash decision due to the 7 - loss and because i dont think this board is capable of a master plan for the club, after all it is still run by alas smith and jones,

Plain and simple panic.

That''s the best way to describe the timing  and brutality of the sacking of Bryan Gunn.

If I were him I would demand and insist on being paid every penny contractually due.

OTBC

[/quote]McNally has come in, taken a good look at the squad''s set up, the coaching, the training, the motivation, the tactics, and realised pretty swiftly that our goose was cooked with Gunn in charge.The reason the Stowmarket Two are banking on promotion this season is because if we don''t achieve it, we''re bound for administration.Gunn was a significant obstacle to achieving promotion as he has neither the man management skills nor the tactical ability to cut it as a League One manager.  Therefore he had to go.We owe Gunny nothing.  A fabulous player who has lived off his old reputation for far too long as a sheriff, a corporate hospitality suit, a "head of player recruitment" and then a disastrous spell as manager.  He should have resigned in the summer after taking us down but his ego was far in excess of his talent.Let''s remember him as an iconic goalkeeper, and move on.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Plain and simple panic.

OTBC

[/quote]

McNally has come in, taken a good look at the squad''s set up, the coaching, the training, the motivation, the tactics, and realised pretty swiftly that our goose was cooked with Gunn in charge.

The reason the Stowmarket Two are banking on promotion this season is because if we don''t achieve it, we''re bound for administration.

Gunn was a significant obstacle to achieving promotion as he has neither the man management skills nor the tactical ability to cut it as a League One manager.  Therefore he had to go.

We owe Gunny nothing.  A fabulous player who has lived off his old reputation for far too long as a sheriff, a corporate hospitality suit, a "head of player recruitment" and then a disastrous spell as manager.  He should have resigned in the summer after taking us down but his ego was far in excess of his talent.

Let''s remember him as an iconic goalkeeper, and move on.

[/quote]

''It'' in a  nutshell Mr C.

12 players signed since.

Fired.

= Panic.

[/quote]

I agree its panic Bly but its slow motion panic. Why wait until the Friday before the next game?

If they had done it Saturday night or anytime over the weekend it would have looked a harsh but necessary decision. To wait until after a fine 4-0 away win and a boost to everyone''s confidence it just seems like another load of dithering and hand wringing.

Personally, I lost confidence in our owners three or four years ago and I see nothing in this decision that will make me change my mind as to their total incompetance to run this once great club.

[/quote]

Fair enough McNally wasn''t in post when Gunn was appointed and may well have believed he wasn''t the right man for the job.

But McNally was in charge and oversaw Gunn bringing in the biggest influx of players I can ever remember. Then after two games, one a disastrous loss and one a very good win, he sacks him.

If that sequence of events gives you absolute confidence in him then you''re a much more trusting soul than I am. IMO, despite a promising start looking start, McNally now looks like a right amateur and it will take one hell of a managerial appointment before I have any confidence in him again.

All this "they are all Gunn players,they need to be working for Gunn" b*llocks really makes me laugh.

The squad are all supposedly Professional footballers. It should make not one iota of difference wh the manager is. They should be able to play for whoever is in charge,for God''s sake. If they can''t or won''t,we should get shot. NOW.

No,it''s the quality of the manager himself that counts. Gunn never was,nor will be a football manager. As others have said,it''s now up to McNally to get someone in who will turn this squad into a decent side. In the short term, thats the only challeng that matters right now.

I have confidence in McNally & I seriously hope he''ll appoint a manager capable of achieving promotion this season.

[/quote]

agreed, although have ammended last line slightly! This really is the last chance salonn, the new manager is going to make or break this season

12 players signed since.

Fired.

= Panic.

Dear oh dear, what next?

OTBC

[/quote]I have been quiet over the last week whilst trying to make some sort of sense of the events unfolding around our club.I can''t make any sense of them.Having said that I think BBB,( with whom I don''t always agree!) has hit the nail squarely on the head with his comments above.Before last Saturday I, like many other people, was feeling cautiously optimistic. Within the constraints of a Third Division budget, I thought the squad looked capable of challenging for an automatic slot, dissension had died down and people were starting to get behind the football team and be prepared to give Team Gunn a chance despite many reservations over his original appopintment.Then we had last Saturday. Too painful to remember even a week later but, with the cup result another glimmer of hope that maybe Colchester was a horrendous blip brought about by players freezing in front of the biggest crowd they had ever played against etc, etc and we could put that result behind us.Then yesterday.I have said several times that I was excited by the appointment of McNally but my confidence in him has taken a nosedive after the way the sacking was handled. I won''t repeat what BBB has said about this but I absolutely agree.While I wouldn''t have chosen Gunn in the first place, I have to say that some of the names now being bandied about could even be a worse alternative! Everyone will have their own view but the likes of hoofball merchant, ''one season wonders'' Boothroyd or Sanchez fill me with despair. I really hope McNally will surprise us with a top drawer appointment already lined up and ready to be announced but, if not, then for God''s sake, let''s take some time to do the recruitment job properly and make doubly sure we get somebody with the right credentials; I''m sure Butterworth and co. can manage for 2 or 3 weeks or more if necessary.The trouble is, with our reported financial situation, having to pay off Gunn and probably IC and IB as well, and at the very start of the season, we are almost bound to go for an unemployed manager to avoid compensation and, with some probably unobtainable, exceptions, that is not a great field to choose from.We really are drinking the last dregs of the bottle in the Last Chance Saloon.....

You know, when you get right down to the bottom line McNally - sharp though he may appear - doesn''t figure.

There''s only  two people who really, really count - the Manager and the Empress.

And until the majority realise that the Empress has no clothes things are highly likely to continue to just slither downwards with haplesss manager after hapless manager - unless of course she gets lucky which is always possible with God''s annointed.

Have those two season ticket holders catalysed the removal of enough blindfolds?

One thing is sure - that fuse is on more than slowburn.

We''ll see what we shall see.

By the way, I wonder what Ardee would have made of it all. It''s at times like this that we do so miss his Norwich and Sausage mash!

One love.

OTBC

You know, when you get right down to the bottom line McNally - sharp though he may appear - doesn''t figure.

There''s only  two people who really, really count - the Manager and the Empress.

And until the majority realise that the Empress has no clothes things are highly likely to continue to just slither downwards with haplesss manager after hapless manager - unless of course she gets lucky which is always possible with God''s annointed.

Have those two season ticket holders catalysed the removal of enough blindfolds?

By the way, I wonder what Ardee would have made of it all. It''s at times like this that we do so miss his Norwich and Sausage mash!

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You really are obssessed with seeing Delia in the buff aren''t you? Just offer her a couple of quid and i''m sure she''ll oblige, just make sure she adds it to the transfer kitty! 

[quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

You really are obssessed with seeing Delia in the buff aren''t you? Just offer her a couple of quid and i''m sure she''ll oblige, just make sure she adds it to the transfer kitty! 

[/quote]

Evidently you are amongst those not yet prepared to admit that the Empress has no clothes.

Now, why don''t you try responding to the substantive point?

OTBC

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Evidently you are amongst those not yet prepared to admit that the Empress has no clothes.

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

Not at all, I''m just not in a hurry to visualise herself in the nude!

I think that they have made some of the right changes (obviously not appointing Gunn in the first place would have been the best idea!) but we will have to see who they appoint next, if it''s an experienced manager then I can start to think they may have finally learnt from their mistakes. Not that I wouldn''t rather see someone else in effective control of the Club but in the meantime It would be good to see them make up for some of their previous errors and I think that they are (albeit very slowly) starting to.

[quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

I think that they have made some of the right changes (obviously not appointing Gunn in the first place would have been the best idea!) but we will have to see who they appoint next, if it''s an experienced manager then I can start to think they may have finally learnt from their mistakes. Not that I wouldn''t rather see someone else in effective control of the Club but in the meantime It would be good to see them make up for some of their previous errors and I think that they are (albeit very slowly) starting to.

[/quote]

Time for you to fully remove that blindfold, mate.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="Wes Hoolahans Middle Finger"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OTBC

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Time for you to fully remove that blindfold, mate.

OTBC

[/quote]

Really so bringing in a new board, new CEO and sacking Gunn isn''t making up for past  mistakes? I am not a supporter of the cook but I believe that positive changes have been made. The question is can they make the most important one by appointing the right manager? I want her out and new investors in, but at the same time I do believe they have altered their modus operandi and this has brought about positive changes. I don''t think it''s strange for me to hope that between now and when they find investors and leave that they make ammends for previous mistakes by effecting changes that will benefit the club rather than make things worse.

Does that make me a Deliaphile????

We''ll know if it was panic when we see who the new manager is.   If, say, Steve Coppell, or  Curbishley were announced as manager on Monday then, maybe, what happened is that a proven manager with a real track record was available and  they couldn''t risk waiting for something more tasty to become available.   Which wouldn''t be panic, it would be decisive action and seizing the moment.If we drift and then they reveal someone whose name has come up every time there''s a vacancy - Boothroyd, say - then we''ll know that the timing wasn''t dictated by getting the new man whilst he was available.  In which case, sacking the manager one league game after letting him make 12 signings plainly was panic.

12 players signed since.

Fired.

= Panic.

Dear oh dear, what next?

OTBC

[/quote]

Sounds like one of Smudger''s fantasies to me....

[quote user="gsr600"]mcnally was in chief exec when gunn was appointed in may, strikes as desperation to appease some fans and to avoid another mishap like roeder and grant, i cant help thinking they decided this monday before the game at yoevil and werent banking on the win, but because they have to give a set time of working out the week they where stuck with the decision, i think this was another bad call the norwich board have made, yes we lost 7 - 1 but gunn but gunn mde the right choice and dropped the players that didnt perform and we won, showed some balls to do that and i believe he got that right shocked yes at his sacking, surprised no shouldnt of been given the job anyway, panic , yes obviously this is a rash decision due to the 7 - loss and because i dont think this board is capable of a master plan for the club, after all it is still run by alas smith and jones,[/quote]

Actually Gunn was appointed before McNally !

[quote user="Barclay hero"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

12 players signed since.

Fired.

= Panic.

Dear oh dear, what next?

OTBC

[/quote]

Sounds like one of Smudger''s fantasies to me....

[/quote]

DON''T SMUDGERS FANTATASIES BREAK FORUM RULES?