Sign in to follow this  
ca

Crook, Butterworth, Gunn - training /matchday issues

You all know  that I never post stories or rumours on here but this is a story I’ve heard from 2 completely separate sources now, it sounds feasible to me but I’ll let you make your own minds up.

'''' Ian Crook joined us in Jan 2009 and whilst he was taking the first team training at Colney we had several good results.Then Butterworth joined early Feb and decided he wanted to take over the training so Crook distanced himself from the first team, took a back step and was given the job of coaching the reserves and youth team.

Out of the next 15 games from Bristol City at home on the 7th Feb to the last game Charlton away in May we got 10 points with Butterworth taking the training and Gunn at the helm making the decisions.

In pre-season and when the first team went to Scotland apparently some of the  players asked if Crook could again be involved in the training of the first team ( what does that tell you) because they respect him and were comfortable with his style of coaching then as we know they had a good tour and were unbeaten. Confidence must have been high after the pre-season and the Wigan game and then Gunn took control and completely changed the formation against ColU and we all know what happened next''''

That would explain the bust-up in the tunnel where someone posted on here they’d been told that Gunn and Butterworth wanted it kept as it was with no subs at half time and Crook wanted to make several subs and change the formation back to how they''d been playing in Scotland.

Now I don’t know Ian Crook and I certainly don’t know how good a coach but if this story is true then maybe its a shame that we will lose him when the new man comes in.

Your thoughts??

I''ve also heard that there has been problems at Colney with the training. Basically "It''s shambolic" was the way it was described to me.

[quote user="Downloads"]Pretty much the way i''ve been thinking.  If Crook got the results, why didn''t someone pick up on that?[/quote]

Who would though? Nobody on the board knows anything bar possibly McNally (or so we hope) and he has rid us of Gunn asap.

[quote user="colneycanary"]I''ve also heard that there has been problems at Colney with the training. Basically "It''s shambolic" was the way it was described to me.[/quote]

Have heard exactly the same thing. Also that there is huge friction between Crook and Butterworth.

Well Angel, you could get the chance on Friday to ask "what do they do in tainin'' Neil?"[;)]

I heard loads of rumours too. But they are  just that, rumours. Like you I try not to post rumours as fact. However, many, many people looked forward to the day Chippy returned to Carrow Road and I think it would be a shame for him to become part of the revolving door syndrome.

They are all rumours.

If Gunn and Crook fell out, then i reckon Crook would have been the one to go, not Gunn. He was the manager after all.

I was wondering why we changed from a successful formation in pre-season to one we knew didn''t work (Hoolahan wide on the left) for our first game of the season.If Crook was in charge of the pre-season games, then this perhaps goes some way to explaining why.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Anymore than 3 is a gangbang so i''ve been told

I am fed up of all these stories now [:(]

[/quote]

Then don`t read them then...simple

[quote user="balloo"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Anymore than 3 is a gangbang so i''ve been told

I am fed up of all these stories now [:(]

[/quote] Then don`t read them then...simple[/quote]

Whatever [:|]

[quote user="I.S."]I was wondering why we changed from a successful formation in pre-season to one we knew didn''t work (Hoolahan wide on the left) for our first game of the season.

If Crook was in charge of the pre-season games, then this perhaps goes some way to explaining why.
[/quote]

That was my thinking too, Crook came a long way to join us plus disrupted his family life so if he isn''t responsible for the shambles then I hope the new manager recognises this and gives him a chance.

I keep hearing lot''s of similer rumers... My thought on it is, Why has butterworth been given control of the 1st team and not crook??? Is it just because he is assistant manager ifso butterworth and gunn should both have gone at the same time.. It all looks to me as if Gunn and McNally had a falling out?

from what i have seen and heard then chippy was in charge for much of the pre season games so if thats the case then they need to keep him and i wouldnt mind if they gave him the job with a new experienced manager to help out/oversee things while he learnd the ropes

Ian Crook''s style of play was by far the most attractive I have ever seen at Carrow Rd. For me he can do no wrong - I rated him even above the great Martin Peters for just the sheer pleasure of watching him make passes and goal chances. That does not mean he''s any good as a coach or a manager of course but I can believe players enjoy working with him. Just hope Adkins or whoever does too!

[quote user="canarywales"]

from what i have seen and heard then chippy was in charge for much of the pre season games so if thats the case then they need to keep him and i wouldnt mind if they gave him the job with a new experienced manager to help out/oversee things while he learnd the ropes

[/quote]

Don''t think Crooky wants the managers job, think he wants to be first team coach.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="canarywales"]

[/quote]

Don''t think Crooky wants the managers job, think he wants to be first team coach.

[/quote]That would be possible if it''s Mark Robins. Crook is about 5 or 6 yrs older I think but they did play together  - didn''t they? I would be happy with that.