Sign in to follow this  
JF

The one that got away.

Steve Bruce. He applied for the vacant position after Grants sacking having had a bust up at Wigan. Money was not an issue he fancied the challenge and a chance to move back to Norfolk for the lifestyle. Roeder got the job after his impressive interview whilst being questioned he interupted and said that he will be the one asking the questions of the board. Doncaster said thats the man for the job.I wonnder if we would be in league 1 had Bruce been given it and not Roeder.

I thought Dean Windass was the one who got away? Surely we can''t have let two get away could we?

[quote user="JF"]Steve Bruce. He applied for the vacant position after Grants sacking having had a bust up at Wigan. Money was not an issue he fancied the challenge and a chance to move back to Norfolk for the lifestyle. Roeder got the job after his impressive interview whilst being questioned he interupted and said that he will be the one asking the questions of the board. Doncaster said thats the man for the job.I wonnder if we would be in league 1 had Bruce been given it and not Roeder.[/quote]I know where you can find the source for Steve Bruce storyhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/tees/content/images/2007/08/14/source5470x353.jpg

If you say so Totally Mad. But i can tell you the "source" as you say knows alot more about it than you do they were directly involved in the process at the time. Also cast your mind back to that time and Doncaster said "We have received many applications and one is a current Premier League manager" I thought at the time it was a spin on words and was Scot Premier league or something but it WAS Steve Bruce.