Sign in to follow this  
Hucks 96

Eye witness account on RN

I can''t see why people wouldn''t be pleased with this appointment, a somewhat proven manager in England but a big name all the same. Better than what I was expecting to be honest.

Gordon Strachans'' career stats from soccerbase :

Team From To Games Won Lost Drawn
Celtic 25-05-2005 25-05-2009 204 133 35 36
Southampton 22-10-2001 13-02-2004 110 39 39 32
Coventry 05-11-1996 10-09-2001 215 70 89 56
He lost more than he won at Coventry.  He lost as many as he won at Southampton.  Celtic you can discount because they only play 4 games a season.His english league record isn''t good enough to get us out of this league.  He''s a likeable and capable bloke I''m sure, but in league 1 could easily be as out of his depth as say Glenn Roeder (Premiership manager, Premiership contacts) was with us in the Championship.To win league 1 you need to know league 1.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Gordon Strachans'' career stats from soccerbase :

He lost more than he won at Coventry.  He lost as many as he won at Southampton.  Celtic you can discount because they only play 4 games a season.His english league record isn''t good enough to get us out of this league.  He''s a likeable and capable bloke I''m sure, but in league 1 could easily be as out of his depth as say Glenn Roeder (Premiership manager, Premiership contacts) was with us in the Championship.To win league 1 you need to know league 1.[/quote]Hardly a fair comparison. Both Coventry and Southampton were Premiership teams when he managed them, so there win records are never going to be that favourable. His record of keeping Coventry up season after season until 2001 was commendable. As was him taking Saints to 11th and going to the FA cup final. To be honest I don''t think it matters a jot whether Strachan has managed in League 1 or not. A good manager is a good manager where ever they are. And before you mention Roeder, he was never a good manager.

[quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Gordon Strachans'' career stats from soccerbase :

He lost more than he won at Coventry.  He lost as many as he won at Southampton.  Celtic you can discount because they only play 4 games a season.His english league record isn''t good enough to get us out of this league.  He''s a likeable and capable bloke I''m sure, but in league 1 could easily be as out of his depth as say Glenn Roeder (Premiership manager, Premiership contacts) was with us in the Championship.To win league 1 you need to know league 1.[/quote]Hardly a fair comparison. Both Coventry and Southampton were Premiership teams when he managed them, so there win records are never going to be that favourable. His record of keeping Coventry up season after season until 2001 was commendable. As was him taking Saints to 11th and going to the FA cup final. To be honest I don''t think it matters a jot whether Strachan has managed in League 1 or not. A good manager is a good manager where ever they are. And before you mention Roeder, he was never a good manager. [/quote]We are not in the position of over-acheiving to stay up, we are in the position of having to being over-resourced for our league and having to win something.  Maybe his experience at Celtic will be useful after all ? [:)]

[quote user="TheFineCity"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Gordon Strachans'' career stats from soccerbase :

TeamFromToGamesWonLostDrawn
Celtic 25-05-2005 25-05-2009 2041333536
Southampton 22-10-2001 13-02-2004 110393932
Coventry 05-11-1996 10-09-2001 215708956

He lost more than he won at Coventry.  He lost as many as he won at Southampton.  Celtic you can discount because they only play 4 games a season.

His english league record isn''t good enough to get us out of this league.  He''s a likeable and capable bloke I''m sure, but in league 1 could easily be as out of his depth as say Glenn Roeder (Premiership manager, Premiership contacts) was with us in the Championship.

To win league 1 you need to know league 1.
[/quote]

Hardly a fair comparison. Both Coventry and Southampton were Premiership teams when he managed them, so there win records are never going to be that favourable. His record of keeping Coventry up season after season until 2001 was commendable. As was him taking Saints to 11th and going to the FA cup final. To be honest I don''t think it matters a jot whether Strachan has managed in League 1 or not. A good manager is a good manager where ever they are. And before you mention Roeder, he was never a good manager.
[/quote]

He was given very healthy transfer budgets at both clubs.

[quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]NO,NO,NO Please not GS. His track record is poor and where he has had success was in a two team league![/quote]Finally Arthur, something we agree on ! [:)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle"]NO,NO,NO Please not GS. His track record is poor and where he has had success was in a two team league![/quote]

Finally Arthur, something we agree on ! [:)]
[/quote]

LOL. I was just looking at his signings for Celtic and apart from Boruc the rest are very Questionable indeed.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="CT "]Rubbish. Utter rubbish.[/quote]I would think before you type.I know it is Gordon Strachan now, just had it confirmed to me again.

[/quote]I''d delete your contact''s number from your mobile if I were you.

Unlucky Duffman!  It didn''t take long to shoot your pathetic posts down in flames did it.  Better trolling next time.