Sign in to follow this  
Hucks 96

Eye witness account on RN

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Radio Norfolk says that gordon strachen was picked up from norwich airport this morning!
[/quote]

It was a ginger poodle!

[quote user="CT "]Rubbish. Utter rubbish.[/quote]I would think before you type.I know it is Gordon Strachan now, just had it confirmed to me again.

[quote user="CT "]Rubbish. Utter rubbish.[/quote]I don''t necessarily believe this either, but given your track record with rumour-mongering, you''re not really in a position to shout someone else down... [;)]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="CT "]Rubbish. Utter rubbish.[/quote]I would think before you type.I know it is Gordon Strachan now, just had it confirmed to me again.

[/quote]He has already said ''i will not be returning to football again'' on the link to that bbc video...

[quote user="blahblahblah"]A manager who has only managed to win anything in a 2 team league.  Great.
[/quote]

As opposed to Gunn....

If we get Strachan, which we won''t, we should be bloody grateful.

[quote user="Hucks 96"]Radio Norfolk says that gordon strachen was picked up from norwich airport this morning! [/quote]Teddy Sheringham was driving the car

Cristiano Ronaldo also said he wouldn''t be leaving Man United back in May...

While i don''t beleive it''s GS, i never beleive a word anyone in football says until they back it up with their actions.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="CT "]Rubbish. Utter rubbish.[/quote]I would think before you type.I know it is Gordon Strachan now, just had it confirmed to me again.

[/quote]He has already said ''i will not be returning to football again'' on the link to that bbc video...[/quote]Didnt Delia and Mcnally say on Monday to a room full of people that BG needed more time even though they had already voted to sack him on the Saturday  ?

And this shows exactly why you are full of shite.  He actually says he has "no plans" in the context of he has no timescales or jobs he wants, he never said not getting back into football.

[quote user="CT "][quote user="Duffman"][quote user="CT "]Rubbish. Utter rubbish.[/quote]I would think before you type.I know it is Gordon Strachan now, just had it confirmed to me again.

[/quote]He has already said ''i will not be returning to football again'' on the link to that bbc video...[/quote]

[quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]A manager who has only managed to win anything in a 2 team league.  Great.[/quote]

As opposed to Gunn....

[/quote]God yeah, he really pulled up trees in Coventry didn''t he.  Actually, he didn''t, but he did jump onto a bus full of school-kids once to reprimand the little buggers because they were flipping him the bird from the back window.  So kudos there, and he''s sometimes funny in interviews, but for guaranteed nailed on league 1 winning manager ?  I don''t think so.  I''d rather have Adkins here instead, he''s got out of this league twice in 3 years.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Big Dog "]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]A manager who has only managed to win anything in a 2 team league.  Great.
[/quote]

As opposed to Gunn....

[/quote]

God yeah, he really pulled up trees in Coventry didn''t he.  Actually, he didn''t, but he did jump onto a bus full of school-kids once to reprimand the little buggers because they were flipping him the bird from the back window.  So kudos there, and he''s sometimes funny in interviews, but for guaranteed nailed on league 1 winning manager ?  I don''t think so.  I''d rather have Adkins here instead, he''s got out of this league twice in 3 years.
[/quote]

Strachan is not Capello, but then we are not AC Milan.

From the club that has given us Grant, Roeder, and then Gunn, I would take Strachan any day of the week.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Big Dog "]

[/quote]

As opposed to Gunn....

[/quote]

God yeah, he really pulled up trees in Coventry didn''t he.  Actually, he didn''t, but he did jump onto a bus full of school-kids once to reprimand the little buggers because they were flipping him the bird from the back window.  So kudos there, and he''s sometimes funny in interviews, but for guaranteed nailed on league 1 winning manager ?  I don''t think so.  I''d rather have Adkins here instead, he''s got out of this league twice in 3 years.
[/quote]

I''d much rather we had a manager with a track record in this division than a ''name'', so I totally agree with you Blah. Strachan has Champions League experience, but how relevant is that to League One?

Adkins would be great, as would Coppell. Like any job, we need a candidate who has relevant experience.

[quote user="CT "]Just answer me this. Why would G.S come to us (thats assuming you''re correct) and not Southampton ?If we get either G.S or S.C we should consider ourselves lucky.[/quote]Well I dont know the answer to that but what I have been assured of is that he is currently down at CR discussing the possibility of becoming the next manager of Norwich City Football Club.So yes, we should consider ourselves lucky and well done to Mcnally for even getting him to think twice us.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="CT "]Just answer me this. Why would G.S come to us (thats assuming you''re correct) and not Southampton ?

If we get either G.S or S.C we should consider ourselves lucky.
[/quote]

Well I dont know the answer to that but what I have been assured of is that he is currently down at CR discussing the possibility of becoming the next manager of Norwich City Football Club.

So yes, we should consider ourselves lucky and well done to Mcnally for even getting him to think twice us.

[/quote]

Duffman, I believe that you believe he is here. Is your source a club employee?

[quote user="CT "]Just answer me this. Why would G.S come to us (thats assuming you''re correct) and not Southampton ?

[/quote]

For the same reasons that you and I support this club.

Great potential as a club which has huge support (15th most popular in England remember), has great facilities and has a passionate, loyal and committed crowd.  Because succeeding here will be respected and noted.  Because there is a real chance to achieve something as a manager by building a team and a setup.  This club has shown with Worthington that it will be patient and back good work.   Because for some managers, the challenge and the achievement is taking a team and a club to higher levels and choosing to build something long term. 

Remember the Charlton Way?  Ok, that ended in tears but as an example of a sustainable club punching above it''s weight for many seasons, it rtemains worthwhile.

This should be a great club and a manager ought to respond to the need to make it one.

[quote user="CT "]Just answer me this. Why would G.S come to us (thats assuming you''re correct) and not Southampton ?

[/quote]

Or we should consider that we have a CEO who gets things done!

[quote user="glove1"]like said in previous threads, the club would surwely not holds talks at carrow road - the last set of interviews were held at the raddison at stansted airport for example.[/quote]As Rick Waghorn''s website said this morning, we aren''t doing things the Neil Doncaster way anymore (i.e 40 CV''s, invite 5 to London for an interview, drag it out for a week).   Mcnally has a very short shortlist and he will go after them and sounds like Strachan was on that list.

Hmm, Strachan. A bit of an odd one. On the one hand, he''s done okay wherever he''s been - and he''s a real ambassador for football too. Really passionate about the game. He would get the side sorted and organised - which is something we desperately lack - and fighting for the shirt. Again, something much lauded but never delivered on. On the other hand, I can''t imagine he''s cheap - and he''s hardly ever been at a club "on a budget" like us. And his experience is not in this league. Still, it''s a big name and if he signs on the dotted line I''d be 100% behind him.