Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

La Liga stunner to sighhhhhhhn

Anyone been reading the Norwich club page on ITV teletext page 517?? Its not a bad page, giving latest (recycled) news, and decent on the fixtures and results service, but has anyone read or more to the point, phoned up the number below the main text with the "very latest" headlines?? the past week has continously flashed:

"La Liga stunner to sign"

"Top euro striker to sign"

and

"major euro bosman coup"

being tight, i decided to save myself a few hundred quid and not phoned the number, but still wandering who they are referring to??

Thinking about this early this Saturday morning, but what about Fernando Morientes of Madrid? He was out on loan at Monaco all of last season and I''m sure he''s well down the pecking order in terms of playing at Real, so would he fancy a chance of playing in the Premiership?

Would he fit the bill as a suitable striker for us?

page 517 on teletext....its the clubcall site that charges about £1.50 per min. www.carrowroad.net  is the only site that i have found to be a genuine source of advanced transfer info before all the news wires get a story going.

If its someone who can sign now they will be out of contract.

As far as Morientes is concerned his wages alone are well out of our league. The bloke came off the bench ahead of Owen in weds champ league game for Real against leverkeusen so with a new manager in charge think he is back in the Real fold.

I agree it looks like a scam with no basis in fact.

OTBC

I''ve looked on page 517 most days in recent months and it always says something along those lines at the bottom, and i''m pretty sure not once has one of the ''headlines'' been relevant. Definitely a scam - surely the ''may involve long call'' line gives that away completely!