Sign in to follow this  
Pompey_88

Official Adkins Yay or Nay

We are not sure if its him but if it is what do people think

Im a Yay - young ambitious and deserves the chance to go to a bigger club like Grayson at Leeds

Cumon down Nigel (and we can sack our physio - 2 jobs in one man)

Somewhat uninspiring, but yay.Is it just me or does Nigel Adkins remind anybody else of Nigel Worthington, particularly in terms of character?

[quote user="Penfold"]Somewhat uninspiring, but yay.Is it just me or does Nigel Adkins remind anybody else of Nigel Worthington, particularly in terms of character? [/quote]I don''t know I''ve never met him.

We''re looking for a manager with experience (recent if possible) of getting a team promoted from League 1.

Adkins got a team promoted from League 1 last season, which has to be a point in his favour.

I don''t know anything about him apart from that, but I''d get behind him if he got the job. 

Who knows, he could be the next Martin O''Neill [Y] . . . or the next Martin Allen [:''(]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

We''re looking for a manager with experience (recent if possible) of getting a team promoted from League 1.

Adkins got a team promoted from League 1 last season, which has to be a point in his favour.

I don''t know anything about him apart from that, but I''d get behind him if he got the job. 

Who knows, he could be the next Martin O''Neill [Y] . . . or the next Martin Allen [:''(]

[/quote]

PS.  He''s young and hungry too.  Another plus point.  A Yay from me.

[quote user="Lord Flashheart"][quote user="Penfold"]Somewhat uninspiring, but yay.Is it just me or does Nigel Adkins remind anybody else of Nigel Worthington, particularly in terms of character? [/quote]I don''t know I''ve never met him.[/quote]You must have seen him interviewed though?http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxC7KzkJcxM  (about 1min 30 secs in)

Before people get too carried away don''t forget that Gunn and Adkins wrestled over signing Michael Nelson this summer!

If it is him and he gets the job I hope that he doesn''t prove to be a one club wonder.

Not fussed either way, whoever we appoint nothing is guaranteed, I''m just fed up with all this constant upheaval and bullshit it is not doing us any favours. The bit of success that Worthy had was preceded by a period of rebuilding, I''m not sure any managaer we appoint will be afforded that luxury any more.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Well he''s got Scunthorpe promoted from this league in two of the last three seasons, there can''t be anyone with a better record than that in league one at present ?!

[/quote]

The only doubt in my mind is: he''s done it twice in three years, does he really want to do it again?  The club will have to convince him that we can go up and stay up imo.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

Well he''s got Scunthorpe promoted from this league in two of the last three seasons, there can''t be anyone with a better record than that in league one at present ?!

[/quote]

The only doubt in my mind is: he''s done it twice in three years, does he really want to do it again?  The club will have to convince him that we can go up and stay up imo.

[/quote]

The difference being this time is that if he did do it again with us he would have a decent chance of staying there and then hopefully building from there.

Scunthorpe will always struggle for as long as they are ever in the championship - I''m sure he must know that?

[quote user="Penfold"]Somewhat uninspiring, but yay.

Is it just me or does Nigel Adkins remind anybody else of Nigel Worthington, particularly in terms of character?
[/quote]

100% nothing like Worthington..............

Adkins is always 100 MPH upbeat and excited about being in football.

Not Adkins is it , if we have spoken to the man we must have got permission for those talks , Scunthorpe Chairman has said no contact , could be lying but i dont think so.