Sign in to follow this  
John

Why Must We Keep Hoolahan?

... Here i''m telling you, while with optimism, and hope of a future, Hoolahan is a player who ''cannot'' leave this club.First of all no player in this league, nor the Championship, can deliver a ball as effectively in open play as Hoolahan.

Hoolahan inspires when 21 other men on the pitch simply can''t. Thats

what makes him so brilliant, and such a massively valuable asset.

He may not be the managers choice in a system, but he''s a dream to have for any manager when his team is stuck in a deadlock.

Even when on the back foot, when our team is simply stuck within 30

yards of it''s own half, without reprieve, Wes can still deliver that

perfect ball that slices through the opposition, that gives our players

every possible chance of scoring a goal, that only a rare few in the

world can do.

Thats the class Hoolahan has, as well as his ability to pass players

with utter ease, as shown against Exeter, where he was using his skill

to pass 1, 2, 3 players almost every time he had the ball at his feet. By the second half he had about 3 players marking him at all times.

His general play is good as well, including his shooting ability, not least

shown by the example against Southampton last season, and his ability

to produce when under pressure, displayed where he got the role as key

penalty taker at Blackpool, and now has established himself in the same

role here.

People have previously said that Lappin, Hoolahans competitor on the left wing, could step in for Wes should he leave.Simon Lappin is a player i regard quite highly, and arguably more than most, and when compared to Hoolahan in terms of physique, getting stuck in the mix, and perhaps with his ability to deliver in dead ball situations Lappin most probably comes out top, but Lappin has so much about his game missing that Hoolahan is simply a master at, and what he''s missing could make or break an entire season. Lappin doesn''t have the awareness that Hoolahan possesses, that see''s him cut half the opposition straight out of the game and picks out that player that makes all the difference in a match, he can''t individually run a game for a whole 90 minutes, he can''t give 4 to 5 players the run around and still come up with the goods, and doesn''t provide the inspiration that can instantly change the whole pattern of a game.

He''s a one man show at the best of times in football matches, but at that he still remains a model team player.

As i''ve said, his physique lets him down, sure enough, but if you deny him worthy on matter alone, you do it at your peril.

This man was almost soley accountable for promoting Blackpool to the

Championship, and immediately eased into the league (despite the

''physique'' issues), shown by walking into the Championship season 11 at

the first time of asking.If (or indeed when) Hoolahan leaves this club, a shining light of hope will leave, and i assure every individual on here who understands the game of football, you will notice his absence, and as for the end result, it will be a very unfortunate one for all of who follow the yellow and green.Hoolahan is vital to us, he is our key to accomplishment, and with assured solidity around him, and a decent manager, will see us succeed.

I agree about Hoolahan.I still think he should be played in the free role, and that could mean Lappin in the starting XI too

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I agree about Hoolahan.I still think he should be played in the free role, and that could mean Lappin in the starting XI too[/quote]Agree playing hoolahan in the free role will allow him the freedom to tear teams apart. With Lappin playing as well we have the stability down the left and have good crossing for holt to get on the end of.

It is a good post John and i think Hoolahan is our key player this year. Though after reading this you make him sound like Zidane not a good 2nd flight creative midfielder.

Hoolahoop is our current Huckerby. The key to unlock the door against any team, and worth potentially 10 league places if he stays.