Sign in to follow this  
Captain Holt

*** Manager Choices!!!

Let down again then.

Just when are we going to have a manager that is a ''name'' within the football world?

Do they expect us to be excited at the prospect of Nigel Adkins or Mark Robins leading us?

Oh dear.

I''d be alright with either of those. The main regret is the white elephant that was the Gunn appointment. If we''d brought either in when Roeder was shunted I think most would have accepted it within reason.

[quote user="Captain Doc"]Let down again then.

Just when are we going to have a manager that is a ''name'' within the football world?

Do they expect us to be excited at the prospect of Nigel Adkins or Mark Robins leading us?

Oh dear.[/quote]Most managers that are out of work are out of work for a reason.  They failed.  If we''re after a manager who is currently employed, that suggests to me that someone else thinks the guy is worth keeping.Roeder was out of work, so was Grant come to think of it.I''m kind of hoping the guy we get isn''t a "name" - at least there won''t be the pressure of his former career following him.  Mike Walker, Dave Stringer, they were not names.

I''d be delighted with Adkins or Robins. Neither is a big name but both have produced successful lower league teams. We need a manager who can produce points at this level, and both have proved this. Better than a "big" name who flatters to deceive and has an ego to go with the name but no success behind him.

There may have been an outside chance of one of those big names coming if we had still been in the championship. But effectively we''re at least 2 years from the premiership and realistically more. Would any of those guys want to wait that long? They have nothing to prove.

[quote user="Downloads"]

I guess thats all that is in our pay bracket.

Feeling slightly depressed now.

[/quote]

But surely poaching a manager from another club is going to be more expensive than plucking someone from the dole queue?  surely this is real ambition to go head hunting rather than acepting any dodgy CV that flies across the table?

What if it is Darren Ferguson. There was a big mention of punching above weight.I believe that we could be surprised though as I am sure he said some people cant handle managing big clubs. Now this would point to a man that has managed a club of our size before at least.I hope to be pleasantly surprised and I like the mans attitude. None of this little old Norwich mentality!

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]What if it is Darren Ferguson. There was a big mention of punching above weight.I believe that we could be surprised though as I am sure he said some people cant handle managing big clubs. Now this would point to a man that has managed a club of our size before at least.I hope to be pleasantly surprised and I like the mans attitude. None of this little old Norwich mentality![/quote]

The only thing thats impressed me about Mcnally is that he has moved away from that annoying stereotype of "Little old Norwich" that generations have had programmed into their thinking when in reality Norwich are anything but and have the potential to be one of the top 10 clubs in the Country!

Sacking Gunn when they did wasn''t right and he should have been given until November when if he wasn''t any good I''d have been one of the loudest shouting for him to go!

I was disappointed when I found out that the person was employed, ruled out most of my tagrets.Now I''m really hoping it''s Darren Ferguson but I would be content with Nigel Adkins too.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Captain Doc"]Let down again then. Just when are we going to have a manager that is a ''name'' within the football world? Do they expect us to be excited at the prospect of Nigel Adkins or Mark Robins leading us? Oh dear.[/quote]

Most managers that are out of work are out of work for a reason.  They failed.  If we''re after a manager who is currently employed, that suggests to me that someone else thinks the guy is worth keeping.

Roeder was out of work, so was Grant come to think of it.

I''m kind of hoping the guy we get isn''t a "name" - at least there won''t be the pressure of his former career following him.  Mike Walker, Dave Stringer, they were not names.
[/quote]

wasnt grant a coach at west ham when we approached him?  part of the green fee was offset against his severance package?

Not names - but some managerial record a must for me.

Adkins or Robins would be excellent choices. They''ve learned their trade at smaller clubs, as it should be, now it''s time to step up and get us back on track!

Bigger names also cost more. These two guys have shown they know how to do it, bring them in. Especially Robins.