Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow Tim

I have a hunch that it's Darren Ferguson

Don''t ask me why, there''s no rumour attached. Just picking up on what McNally said on Radio Norfolk about a hungry, enthiusiastic Manager that ticks the boxes to get us out of this league. He''s done it twice in succession on limited funds.

This would be my new preferred option. Thoughts.............

Don''t get me excited. Maybe there was a clause in Lewis'' contract that enables us to nick their gaffer for a pittance. Oh, wait, no, Doncaster was still here.

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Blimey how ironic would that be, Gunn succeeded by the little lad he used to babysit . . .

[/quote]

lol yes who then reeploys gunny as assistant manager, how I would laugh

I really can''t see it, why would he come here when he is bound to get better offers in the next year or so. If we had stayed up last year and gone for him in the summer, I would have said there was a chance. Of course i would welcome him with open arms and be extemely happy if we got him.

Darren Ferguson in and then he activates the 500,000 buy back clause in the Joe Lewis'' contract.Happy days.

Not a cat in hells chance.Not only would Ferguson eventually have the chance to move onwards and upwards, Peterborough, unlike us, have wealthy backers and some prospect of advancement. It isn''t entirely impossible they could get promoted to the Premiership in the next three-five years, so he might want to see if they can do that. They certainly don''t have any less chance than us, and, for him to be attracted as we are a "big" club, that doesn''t wash either, there are lots bigger and better than us who could equally well tempt him away.Honestly, now that the realms of fantasy land with all the talk of Coppell and Strachan can be put to bed, can we not start plucking out current Managers out of thin air as well whose pending "appointment" is just as improbable?

[quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Don''t ask me why, there''s no rumour attached. Just picking up on what McNally said on Radio Norfolk about a hungry, enthiusiastic Manager that ticks the boxes to get us out of this league. He''s done it twice in succession on limited funds.

This would be my new preferred option. Thoughts.............[/quote]What if that also happens to describe Lee Clark?

[quote user="Fozzie"][quote user="Sideshow Tim"]Don''t ask me why, there''s no rumour attached. Just picking up on what McNally said on Radio Norfolk about a hungry, enthiusiastic Manager that ticks the boxes to get us out of this league. He''s done it twice in succession on limited funds.

This would be my new preferred option. Thoughts.............[/quote]What if that also happens to describe Lee Clark?[/quote]Lee Clark''s not punching above his weight though

You would''ve thought he''d have been able to pull someone smaller than him, he''s Alex Ferguson''s son for Pete''s sake!

Ha ha ha Sideshow Tim. That will certainly never happen. Oh deary me!

His next step is a Premiership side for sure. Peterborough are now miles better than us and he would have to be mad to give up a team that is going places, swapping it for our shambles!

[quote user="Jonzey"]

Ha ha ha Sideshow Tim. That will certainly never happen. Oh deary me!

His next step is a Premiership side for sure. Peterborough are now miles better than us and he would have to be mad to give up a team that is going places, swapping it for our shambles!

[/quote]Yes he would have to be mad and he isn''t.

[quote user="Totally Mad"]I didn''t realise Ferguson was/is a convicted wife beater... don''t want him here now, bloody scum bag[/quote]I hope you don''t own any albums by Def Leppard.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Totally Mad"]I didn''t realise Ferguson was/is a convicted wife beater... don''t want him here now, bloody scum bag[/quote]I hope you don''t own any albums by Def Leppard.[/quote]I don''t as it goes.