Sign in to follow this  
Canary02 III

The Options - A fairly definitive list

I''ve studied the possibles within the league and these are the only ones likely as far as I can tell (and some are far more likely than others).

The Probables: Mark Robins, Nigel Adkins.

The Possibles: Sammy McIlroy, Steve Tilson, Andy Scott, Martin Allen, Paul Tisdale.

The Outsiders: Paul Buckle, Paul Lambert, Sean O''Driscoll, Paul Simpson, Mike Newell, Mark Stimson, Paul Trollope

The Unlikelies: Lee Clark, Brian Laws, Garry Hill, Alan Knill, Peter Taylor, Kenny Jackett, Ian Hendon.

The Can''t see it Happenings: Malky Mackay, Darren Ferguson, Martin O''Neill.

McIlroy is an interesting one as a former international manager with a club who are punching well above their weight. I don''t want him personally but he fits the profile DM set down.

Andy Scott hasn''t been mentiond yet but he''s definitely been successful to date.

Martin Allen would be easy to get given Cheltenham''s dire finances and you get the feeling he''s just waiting to get the hell out of Dodge. Been successful in the past too.

Paul Tisdale is another getting his team punching above their weight, and you can add Paul Buckle, Sean O''Driscoll and Paul Trollope to that too.

O''Neill is the winning lottery ticket amongst them all obviously and although I can''t see it happening in a million years, there''s always a slight chance he might come over all sentimental and be in the early stages of dementure isn''t there?!!

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Fair enough putting an outsider in the running, but O''Neil?[/quote]

It was a joke! See comment about onset of dementure in the same post!

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]You''re assuming it''s a manager, the cryptic wording read "He is currently in employment at another football club.”[/quote]

Possibly an accountant??

Good post, typical response from the usual...You''re wasted on here, mate, get yourself over to Kick It Off, where sensible posts like this are properly discussed....

[quote user="Icecream Snow"]You''re assuming it''s a manager, the cryptic wording read "He is currently in employment at another football club.”[/quote]Just saw McNally on SSN, definitely a manager at an English club. Why can''t Lakey ask the simple questions? [:P]

Good to see someone putting some proper thought into it Canary02 III, judging by what we''ve heard from the board it''s a spot on list. Good one.

I agree with the top 2 and would welcome them.

And to the posters who jumped on Canary; please read how a post is written! He was clearly joking with O''Neil!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Good post, typical response from the usual...You''re wasted on here, mate, get yourself over to Kick It Off, where sensible posts like this are properly discussed....[/quote]

Oh come off it, EM, Canary02 mentioned Martin O''Neil! [:D]

That really deserves this - [url=http://www.megawavs.com/play.aspx?id=2112]press[/url]

[quote user="Canary02 III"]

[quote user="Lincs CR"]Fair enough putting an outsider in the running, but O''Neil?[/quote]

It was a joke! See comment about onset of dementure in the same post!

[/quote]

But O Neill has previously said that Norwich is ''Unfinished Business''

I''m going to throw a random new name into the mix - based on the fact that

1) We know the target is employed by an English club and

2) Track record in getting promotion

Colin would fit the bill.....not sure he''d be popular - but the Barclay singing Colin songs would be funny

no way would Colin come....HOWEVER I would actually kind of like him here. He is the sort you hate against you but like with you. Fairly loyal, passionate and comedy to boot