Sign in to follow this  
Scottlarock

- 5 LIVE

Five Live won''t work online for licenced material (like live football).Why this show doesn''t work I don''t know but I reckon that''s the reason.

I am listening but they very rarely get anything right.  I suspect from the trailer that they are going to talk up Adkins.

[quote user="Mark Smith"]Talking to Billy Davies. Is he our new manager?[/quote]

No chance. But I''d be very happy with it nonetheless!

I think the media are missing the wider picture.Although yes, he could have been treated better, they seem to forget the fact he was a sub-par manager last year. The sacking wasn''t based purely on that now infamous result.Still a legend in my eyes though!

Billy Davies knows fcuk all about what happened here, sounds like a very bitter ex manager.all him and the other 2 are considering is that he was sacked after 1 game, not a clue..... 

I think they are all concentrating too much on one result and not the state of things over the last season. Gunny is not the man for the job and we need someone proven, adkins, o''driscoll etc etc to take us back up and keep us up

Then why on earth give him a contract for this season? We''re in a dire financial situation and are now having to pay up yet another manager''s contract.

Well I heard it all & I thought it was a very fair discussion. Billy Davies thought the sacking was disgusting. Arlo White, the main presenter, said he wasn''t totally convinced by McNally''s explanation of events & personally, after hearing it myself for the first time, neither was I.

Only time will tell if it was the right, or the wrong, decision. What worries me is what happens if the next Manager, whoever he may be, is no good either & doesn''t do any better than the last 3. Do we just sack him too & look for another or do we stick with him even if it means another season of failure. As we''ve stated that promotion this season is our first priority than surely anything less will be seen as failure.

Just because someone has "a good track record", has done well at other Clubs or has a glowing reputation, it doesn''t mean that success is gauranteed - after all, only 3 Clubs can get promoted so therefore the other 21 Managers will fail.

All I''m hoping for is someone with a bit of charisma who at least smiles every now and again - we''ve had far too many miserable s*ds in charge of this Club for far too long.