Sign in to follow this  
StevoM

It's Him

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="tribes"]http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=460&fid=12&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124937684 this is the bit on IRON-BRU messageboard.[/quote]

There''s a somewhat inherent flaw in Delia''s appearance in downtown Scunthorpe.  She''s currently filming for the BBC in London all this week and is not in Scunthorpe to exert her charms over Adkins or anyone else in Scunthorpe.

If you are really lucky you may get a "Christmas Special" to tie in with the relaunched Christmas recipe book but, again, that won''t be filmed from anywhere near the Doncaster Road.

[/quote]She might have sneaked away just to speak to the Scunthorpe people, or the BBC thing is just a front for her clandestine activities.[/quote]

Yeah, right.  The big puzzle is what Steve Coppell''s car with personal registration number was doing at Carrow Road.

At least he is out of a frame he was never in.  Bet he wishes he''d never wasted money on buying a house in the area.[;)]

[quote user="Camuldonum"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[quote user="tribes"]http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=460&fid=12&sty=2&act=1&mid=2124937684 this is the bit on IRON-BRU messageboard.[/quote]

There''s a somewhat inherent flaw in Delia''s appearance in downtown Scunthorpe.  She''s currently filming for the BBC in London all this week and is not in Scunthorpe to exert her charms over Adkins or anyone else in Scunthorpe.

If you are really lucky you may get a "Christmas Special" to tie in with the relaunched Christmas recipe book but, again, that won''t be filmed from anywhere near the Doncaster Road.

[/quote]She might have sneaked away just to speak to the Scunthorpe people, or the BBC thing is just a front for her clandestine activities.[/quote]

Yeah, right.  The big puzzle is what Steve Coppell''s car with personal registration number was doing at Carrow Road.

At least he is out of a frame he was never in.  Bet he wishes he''d never wasted money on buying a house in the area.[;)]

[/quote]It''s a bit of fun though. As you say he should never have bothered with the house but somebody must have the same number plate as Mr Coppell, suppose SC is pretty common.

[quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

[/quote]She might have sneaked away just to speak to the Scunthorpe people, or the BBC thing is just a front for her clandestine activities.[/quote]I''d be surprised if Delia had anything to do with the new manager negotiations. Surely that''s the Chairman and CEO''s job? She and MWJ may well attend the board meeting to draw up the shortlist but (a) the interviews wouldn''t take place in Scunthorpe and (b) she wouldn''t go on her own.

[quote user="canaryjock"][quote user="tribes"][quote user="Camuldonum"]

I''d be surprised if Delia had anything to do with the new manager negotiations. Surely that''s the Chairman and CEO''s job? She and MWJ may well attend the board meeting to draw up the shortlist but (a) the interviews wouldn''t take place in Scunthorpe and (b) she wouldn''t go on her own.
[/quote]No she wouldn''t. It''s amazing what people can convince themselves what they have seen sometimes

It seems that McNally is doing the interviewing for this job - I doubt Delia has ever directly been involved in the actual interview process!

McNally has said some interesting things i.e 1) We have permission to speak to the manager (seems to rule out Adkins) 2) He seemed to indicate that a previous Norwich connection was unnecessary (seems to rule out Robins). Also I seem to recall Rotherham making it clear when Roeder was sacked that they didn''t want any approach from us for Robins. 3) Obviously in employment which rules out all the other suspects.

All of this makes me wonder if we are looking at a coach rather than a manager or did McNally specifically say he was a manager?

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

It seems that McNally is doing the interviewing for this job - I doubt Delia has ever directly been involved in the actual interview process!

McNally has said some interesting things i.e 1) We have permission to speak to the manager (seems to rule out Adkins) 2) He seemed to indicate that a previous Norwich connection was unnecessary (seems to rule out Robins). Also I seem to recall Rotherham making it clear when Roeder was sacked that they didn''t want any approach from us for Robins. 3) Obviously in employment which rules out all the other suspects.

All of this makes me wonder if we are looking at a coach rather than a manager or did McNally specifically say he was a manager?

[/quote]

"Currently a manager of an English club".

Just a thought but I thought McN hinted quite strongly in answer to a Goreham question that whilst it is feasible that the candidate could come from a higher league it is more important that the he has the qualities already mentioned.

If I have interpreted that correctly it would rule out Scunnyman and I understand that he and their Chairman have confirmed there has been no contact.

Whilst he or Robins are reasonable candidates I must admit Iwould feel a little bit disappointed.

Based on what we know, there is still a good prospect of us getting someone who we can all be pleased about and make the football world sit up and take notice.

Nice one chippy. There''s a good chance Crooky will keep his job.

Joking apart that would be a good thing and Lambert will be a success.

Would any of you honestly have been saying this if Colchester hadn''t turned us over 7-1?  They didn''t exactly set the world alight under his stewardship last season.  I don''t want Lambert as manager at all.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

[quote user="bringbackchippy"]l know it is, hes resigned[/quote]

Are you referring to Adkins?

I know you have form for making good predictions!

[/quote]

No he''s talking about Lambert.

B*gger!!!

Not that happy if it is Lambert, apart from the 7-1 hasn''t achieved much. Adkins has a better record.

Typical, a chance to get a decent proven manager and we fudge it again!!