Sign in to follow this  
Kissthebadge

Looking more and more likely

I am pretty much convinced that it is Lambert. Found some potentially interesting information out tonight (I''ve never been in the ''know'' before!!) and was a bit unsure whether to post.

Now with one or two more posters backing up the story, I am convinced and I think it will happen as soon as tomorrow.

He''s won Champions LEague whilst in Germany as a player.

Managed in Scotland - Motherwell.

Got Wycome to League Cup Semi Final and quit when they lost in play off semi.

Been at colchester for a year with 50% win ratio

If thats the best we can do we may as well have let Gunn carry on , Gunn got a 4-0 away win at Yeovil Lambert only managed a 2-1 at home :-)

I can''t help but draw comparisons between Lambert and Peter Grant.....not happy!

and for me this choice lacks ambition....sorry hang on, fits the bill perfectly!

There are much better managers unemployed at the moment , worst choice out of just about all the names mentioned and as uninspiring as Grant, Roeder and Gunn . Never thought we were going to get stuffed for a 4th time but it looks like we have been.

Read Mc\nally''s interview and all the I''s and few we''s. He''s grabbed the power and has found his man. If it''s Lambert. a Scot with Celtic connections and a losing record as a manager at Livingston, Wycombe and Colchester. Where''s the magic in that? This looks more like old boys networking to me and the end product could well be administration an d a long time in the lower leagues.

Well if Lambert was the number 1 choice i hate to think of who else was on the list.

I maybe could accept Lambert if we''d tried Coppell, Atkins etc and failed but for him to be our first choice is crazy and disappointing knowing that one of the better options may well have decided to come.

[quote user="Rocky Rocastle"]He''s won Champions LEague whilst in Germany as a player.

Managed in Scotland - Motherwell.

Got Wycome to League Cup Semi Final and quit when they lost in play off semi.

Been at colchester for a year with 50% win ratio[/quote]

mmmmmm wonder what his biggest win is at Col U

"losing record" -

took Wycombe to the playoffs and then took a Colchester team that was in the relegation zone after 10 games when he arrived to comfortable mid-table (and looked like having a crack at the playoffs before a late dip in form).

Beggars can''t be choosers chaps.

[quote user="domingo little oakley"]"losing record" -

took Wycombe to the playoffs and then took a Colchester team that was in the relegation zone after 10 games when he arrived to comfortable mid-table (and looked like having a crack at the playoffs before a late dip in form).

Beggars can''t be choosers chaps.[/quote] Roeder had the same effect with us when he arrived , Lamberts done zilch and is a terrible choice. Boothroyd and Dowie have promotions to the prem on their cvs and would be far better choices.

Why do I get the horible feeling that we are going to employ another idiot, with no serious track record,,,,bothroyed is the only candidate that should be considered.....oh well I suppose I wont have to travel to far to see the Canairys when they play Bedford Town!!

[quote user="Beds Canairy"]Why do I get the horible feeling that we are going to employ another idiot, with no serious track record,,,,bothroyed is the only candidate that should be considered.....oh well I suppose I wont have to travel to far to see the Canairys when they play Bedford Town!![/quote]

That would also be a plus for me!!!