Sign in to follow this  
Canaries4ever

New interest in Green

I hate to say it but why did 2 international goalkeepers sign for us just to sit on the bench i think greeno will be sold i just have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind.

This may be good news in a funny way!! Realistically Green will not be here for all that long- we are not playing champions league. So when he goes it will boost his value if two big money sides are in for th hunt. Thus  providing more money for when that dreaded  day arrives.

I will be gutted to see him go- but if he has to - lets demand LOTS and invest it on players.

Yes this great bit of journalism says it''s a £4 million pound race and Greeno has a £3 million pound release clause....simple maths would suggest that it doesn''t add up and someone''s being very lazy

I think green''s flavour of the month and with hearing ferguson slag off howard someone''s put two and two together and come up with some figure that isn''t four.

However four million is going to look like nothing if green goes because of his value to the team, if that four million is the difference between promotion and relegation, which green may well be, then it''s going to look a very bad sale.  green is essential to the team, look at the history of clubs who sold there best player, scott parker at charlton, duff at blackburn and all that cash bought them nothing. I think green has to stay because what green replacements are they and how much will they cost?

Having seen the Arsenal goalie''s very average performance yesterday I would think Greeno''s value practically doubled overnight, and Arsenal''s need for him increased by the same ratio !

i think it is safe to say that greeno is at the very least as good as robinson so he is the best in the land

if the offers come in from man utd & arsenal then there is no doubt that he will go, thats why worthy bought in gallagher & ward

arsenal would be hot favourites because man utd have just spent a fortune on rooney also a fee plus player deal (bentley) coming our way could be too much temptation for worthy.

another reason greeno himself might choose arsenal is that with highbury within commuting distance he can continue to live in gods own county

[quote]I hate to say it but why did 2 international goalkeepers sign for us just to sit on the bench i think greeno will be sold i just have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind.[/quote]

I think that many of us thought that a deal had already been done with Arsenal when young Bentley arrived but now Man Utd have declared their interest maybe we were wrong.What we do know is that he will be leaving us in Jan so we can only hope that the whole tranfer fee is given to Worthy to bolster our squad in our fight to stay a premiership side.