Sign in to follow this  
USAcanary

A question to the local media.............

Any chance you can ask the club WHY they put a gag order on the players today?

I found it strange that after being told that no players would be allowed to do interviews today that nobody asked WHY?

Or is this type of question too hardball? And you are worried about losing media access?

because if they came out and told the truth we would find out what an incompetant load of rubbish has been in charge of the club, and they still managed to make a profit from transfers in the close season.

Delia out

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Any chance you can ask the club WHY they put a gag order on the players today?

I found it strange that after being told that no players would be allowed to do interviews today that nobody asked WHY?

Or is this type of question too hardball? And you are worried about losing media access?

[/quote]

Interesting that in the Chris Lakey podcast he addressed this question except he never really gave much of an answer! (its roughly half way through the podcast)

Chris Lakey said "we asked why they wern''t allowed to speak to us, not sure we got the best answer in the world, but I suppose its pretty obvious why they didn''t"

I must be a bit thick! because its not obvious to me why they were stopped from talking? The players have normally talked after previous managers have been sacked.

As for Chris Lakey saying McNally isn''t a soft touch.............. I will tell you this, he did not come accross well in his interview on Radio Norfolk.

That''s not just my opinion but those of many people who heard it both on this forum and WOTB. The majority thought he said very little and was humming and harring.....sounded a bit unsure.

His post match "interview" was pretty close to the statement the club released when Gunn was sacked which meant we learned very little plus he seemed to have no clue about the JFH rumors that were flying around.

Obviously becaue he thought Chris Goreham meant JFH as a player not as a manager! (the point is virtually everyone knew of the rumor except him. There might be some question marks on how informed he is)

McNally when asked about the "timing" of the sacking (less than 24 hours before a crucial game) gave an answer that made little sense. (to me anyway)

His claim that no time was a good time as we are playing SAT/TUES all season. Yet after meeting earlier in the week they decide to wait till late on Friday evening to sack Gunn????????

Why not sack him right away?

That makes zero sense as you don''t give all the staff and players a chance to get over the initial shock.

McNally is right, no time is a good time to fire the manager but obviously I can''t think of a worse time. Did any of the media push him on that?

I must admit that I was one of those people who scoffed when people were claiming media conflict of interest with so many links to the club............. I am now on the fence until proven otherwise.

With the board having an Archant connection and Radio Norfolk having Neil Adams who is a coach at the club plus Mick Dennis (who I like a lot FWIW) admits he is close friend with the board members,  its important that the major local journalists be "seen" to ask the difficult questions at times like this.

If the questions are too hardball and you are worried about losing media access or worried about your own job then I guess thats understandable. 

[quote user="USAcanary"]

Oh well............... I thought it was quite an important question myself.

[/quote]

PLEASE REALIZE YOU ARE ONLY A FAN YOUR THOUGHTS, OPINIONS AND FEELINGS ARE UNIMPORTANT TO THE CLUB.

which part of the states? me 3yrs in NYC me pa is in Texas

[quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]Who cares what the players may or may not have to say?  Very few footballers seem capable of stringing two or more words together without an ummmmm or an errrr or all the footballing cliches.  There is also the other ''little problem'' they seem to have whereby when be interviewed on TV they cannot look directly towards the camera or the interviewer, always to left or right.  It is best that they ''speak'' with their feet rather than their mouths, as very little has ever been known to come out of their mouths that is worth listening to, or indeed that makes sense.McNally I am sure is actually far better informed in matters NCFC than you or I.  For one thing I''m sure he has a much better idea of who our new manager will be than any of the posters and rumourmongers on here.[H]

[quote user="OldRobert"][quote user="USAcanary"]

[/quote]

Who cares what the players may or may not have to say?  Very few footballers seem capable of stringing two or more words together without an ummmmm or an errrr or all the footballing cliches.  There is also the other ''little problem'' they seem to have whereby when be interviewed on TV they cannot look directly towards the camera or the interviewer, always to left or right.  It is best that they ''speak'' with their feet rather than their mouths, as very little has ever been known to come out of their mouths that is worth listening to, or indeed that makes sense.

McNally I am sure is actually far better informed in matters NCFC than you or I.  For one thing I''m sure he has a much better idea of who our new manager will be than any of the posters and rumourmongers on here.[H]
[/quote]

Thats NOT the point............... its the fact they were TOLD by the club not to say anything.................

The point is also that the majority of the local media has strong links to the club and are pecieved like they are backing away from asking difficult questions...........

If people don''t understand how worrying this is then I don''t know what to say............

I am the last person to be a conspiracy guy but the local media need to show more balls IMHO.

Chris Lakeys answer in the podcast just wasn''t good enough IMHO.

It''s blindingly obvious, this end.  A number of players were very upset not only by Gunn''s departure but by the manner of his departure and at least some were extremely angry, or at least they were on Friday afternoon/evening. 

They were told not to speak to journalists whether on or off the record.  Some chose to ignore that instruction which is why we know how some of them felt.

PS: This is VERY simple stuff.

I have no idea what the EDP asked Mr McNally but the question is:

"Did you ban the players from talking to the media because you were frightened of what they might say?"

To which there is either an explanation, a Yes, a No, or a No comment. 

So you record the question and record the answer.

And the public make of it what they will.

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

PS: This is VERY simple stuff.

I have no idea what the EDP asked Mr McNally but the question is:

"Did you ban the players from talking to the media because you were frightened of what they might say?"

To which there is either an explanation, a Yes, a No, or a No comment. 

So you record the question and record the answer.

And the public make of it what they will.

[/quote]

It would have been nice if I could see that exact question and answer in print?

I must have missed it? Anyone have a link?.................. oh thats right.............there isn''t one!

Just like the follow up question on the EXACT timing of the sacking.........nothing..........c''mon...........The jounos need to grow some and ask the tough questions.

So when does the club un-BAN the players from talking? Are we under marshall law?

Be nice for the local media to ask DM why did he bother to tell Chris Goreham after the Exeter game that they had no one in mind when they sacked Gunn, when at exactly the same time it appears the chairman was ringing ColU asking to appoint their manager.

Yes, there is lots that has to be kept private but these comments on air were laughable.