Sign in to follow this  
big ed

Gunn - has he been gagged?

He will do his interview at some point, to bring all the attention back to him. Also, expect an updated autobiography from good ol'' Bryan

[quote user="ryan1992"]same as when Roeder was sacked, didnt ever hear him speak about getting the boot[/quote]

As anyone seen or heard from him, maybe Delia takes them (managers) round the back to ''to get rid once and for all''?

I have heard from him, he is ok, a bit shocked but surprisingly upbeat.

I’m not party to the minutiae in manager’s contracts when they sign on the dotted line. I suspect that there must be something relating to a loss of severance pay (if they speak out), given the lack of examples of managers who have done just that.

Can anyone think of examples where sacked managers have spilt the beans almost immediately after the axe has fallen?

[quote user="Salahuddin"]I have heard from him, he is ok, a bit shocked but surprisingly upbeat.[/quote]

Oh good news that he''s ok. I hope he knows how shocked I and a few others were at his sacking.

Reckon he''s going to be moving away, his ego will be in bits! Can''t see him getting over this in hurry!

People get sacked all the time from different jobs. Whether Gunn is ok or not is of no interest to me. I''m sure the money he will receive will soften the blow, certainly for Mrs Gunn "the very talented artist".

[quote user="Canary Renaissance"]

I’m not party to the minutiae in manager’s contracts when they sign on the dotted line. I suspect that there must be something relating to a loss of severance pay (if they speak out), given the lack of examples of managers who have done just that.

Can anyone think of examples where sacked managers have spilt the beans almost immediately after the axe has fallen?

[/quote]

O''Leary at Leeds. But then again, that is why he was sacked.

Pretty certain he must have been given a gagging order, Roeder certainly must have, its not like him not to try and get his ratty face in the papers!

Perfectly normal for an agreement to be in place. This will prevent the employee from spilling any "beans" he may have been privy to - and in return the club cannot criticise the manager. A tit for tat squabble would be in no-one''s interest and Gunn (righly) will be given a first class reference. Incidentally, the agreement will almost certainly  prevent either party from  even acknowledging that such an agreement exists. As for Gunn hurtng - why not? He''s a thoroughly decent human being who did his best and was badly treated in the end. (Who wouldn''t have thought they were just about to turn the corner and that the Colchester game was a blip; after the pre-season results and the 0-4 result at Yeovil?).

[quote user="big ed"]Not heard a dicky bird from him. Been gagged as part of his payoff me thinks?[/quote]His bank balance must be a damn sight healthier than 12 months ago

I''d quite happily take on the NCFC job on a couple of years contract. I''d be no damned good of course (but none of the last 3 men have been either) and would be sacked in no time at all. But I could probably retire on the proceeds of the "unhappy little saga".

Man I think perhaps you have never been sacked. It is a scar that lives with you for the rest of your life especially if you gave your all.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]People get sacked all the time from different jobs. Whether Gunn is ok or not is of no interest to me. I''m sure the money he will receive will soften the blow, certainly for Mrs Gunn "the very talented artist".[/quote]

Glad to see the milk of human kindness still flows round your way. Jeez what a hard-hearted, mean thing to say.

My dad hasn''t stopped crying since nasty McNally saked him, and it took him hours to get home on the train from Exeter, and the buffet car had stopped serving.

P.S. I think my mum''s paintings are a bit rubbish really.

[quote user="Canaryfan7"]People get sacked all the time from different jobs. Whether Gunn is ok or not is of no interest to me. I''m sure the money he will receive will soften the blow, certainly for Mrs Gunn "the very talented artist".[/quote]

What is your problem with Bryan Gunn?

[quote user="Bobert"]

Man I think perhaps you have never been sacked. It is a scar that lives with you for the rest of your life especially if you gave your all.

[/quote]surely you didn''t move all the way to Aus just to get over it

[quote user="big ed"]Reckon he''s going to be moving away, his ego will be in bits! Can''t see him getting over this in hurry![/quote]

Can''t seeing him moving from Norfolk, his wife has a career here and his daughter is buried here and he''s been here a long long time.

[quote user="OutGunn-ed"]

Glad to see the milk of human kindness still flows round your way. Jeez what a hard-hearted, mean thing to say.

Come on - let''s be realistic. I know\a lot of people in my work - nexperienced / well qualified / sacked with little or no compo and little chance of getting a decent job

Bit of perspective - Gunn will not come out of this poorer. He has never trained as a coach/manager - just fell into the job

He has a lifetime of income from the money he''s made / bit of media work / public speaking / ghost written book etc

I''m lucky to still be in a job but loads of people are facing a very bleak future - Gunny will not be on the bread line, and he has no qualifications whatsoever other than "club legend"

[/quote]

Tbh, gagging order or not, it''s probably better that Gunny retains a dignified silence for a while. At the moment all of the focus is on the club, their handling of the situation, and the timing. Gunny''s looking very much like the unfortunate victim, but if he speaks out then their''s a chance that people may start to look more closely at his ''managerial'' record.