Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Lambert?

How about Paul Lambert. If I remember correctly, he done ok last weekend and is thought of very well, not in the Peter Grant way thou.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

How about Paul Lambert. If I remember correctly, he done ok last weekend and is thought of very well, not in the Peter Grant way thou.

[/quote]http://norwichcity.myfootballwriter.com/full_article.asp?i=4825&w=25&a=0&part=1

Great choice.Beat a norwich side containing a comedy goalkeeper, centre half right back padded out further by a load of amateurs, THEN lost 2-0 at home to the mighty leyton orient. ACTUALLY, now you mention it perhaps he is suitably qualified to officially be the next NCFC balls up!Get him in.Give me strengh, was hardly an achievement beating that shower that we put out last week was it???

[quote user="DGC"]Great choice.Beat a norwich side containing a comedy goalkeeper, centre half right back padded out further by a load of amateurs, THEN lost 2-0 at home to the mighty leyton orient. ACTUALLY, now you mention it perhaps he is suitably qualified to officially be the next NCFC balls up!Get him in.Give me strengh, was hardly an achievement beating that shower that we put out last week was it??? [/quote]Did he?http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_2/8200458.stmNot that I''d like to see him as our manager, but I do think you need to check things before making sarcastic posts on the interweb.

Well, you may think he is pants, but has done very well and will manage a big club someday. I would have him here. Seems to me to be getting an awful lot out of an ''average'' squad.

sorry mr rasputin sir, but they actually followed up their 7-1 with a 2-0 home loss against leyton orient in midweek. Perhaps you''d like to check up on this before appointing yourself a message board cop!!!

oops, i do apologise, after checking my factx they actually only lost 2-1 at home to the mighty leyton orient. Get him in, he''s qualified!

i think benitez''s managerial past speak a tad louder than lambert of wycombe! Oh, yes, didn''t he get them to an FA cup semi? In that case i take it all back, he must be simply brilliant!

i don''t know. I''m just sick of people grasping at managers with one-off successes. Every manager has those (even Gunn and his 4-0 barnsley exploits).I just want to see us go with someone with a few more years behind them and a solid consistent record. I''m not stupid, i realise we are a div 3 club and we are going to be limited to who we can attract and afford but wanting someone on the back of their team winning 7-1 away from home is exactly the kind of short-sightedness that has got us in this trouble time and time again over recent years! That is what needs to be arrested!

It''s nothing to do with the 7-1, that was tongue firmly in cheek.

He has done a good job at Colu and at Wycombe. We are not going to get a Strachan or a Coppell, we need an up and coming man, like Lambert.

If every club had that mentality, then there would bugger all managers out ther, look at Posh, MK Dons and Scunthorpe, they took got young managers in who have done very well.

We had managers with experiance before, GR, Hamilton and Rioch were less than impressive, but so was the newbies in Gunn and Grant. O''Neil had very small amount of time in the hotseat.

We have done well on our internal promotions, Worthy, Walker, Stringer, Ken Brown