Sign in to follow this  
GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

a BIG THANKYOU to the "pitch invasion two"

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]

I generally agree with your line Smudger but you are wrong with McNally. If he is responsible for Gunn''s sacking then he has all ready shown that he has the balls to put football first and take decisive action. If we appoint another joke of a manager I think it will be because his hands are tied and he will most likely leave if thats the case. I dont think he is here to be made to look stupid or to act as anyones pawn. However, I still think that no manager will be able to turn our club around without a change in owners or serious money from somewhere.

The timing of Gunn''s sacking really makes me think that a replacement manager is all ready lined up - or else it makes no sense and is an utter joke, again.

[/quote]

What a load of utter crap.

So you are prepared to give McNally all the plaudits for a unanimous decsion by all 6 board members, but if it all goes t. its up then you are not prepared to pin the blame on him either?

Tell me whose fault will it be when our new manager proves he is equally inadequate???

I have highlighted the most important bit of your post and the only line which I agree with in it.  This is the thing that really matters yet the majority still can''t seem to get their heads around.  Credit to you for at least being able to see that!

If they already have somebody else lined up then I expect this new wonder manager to be in post on Monday morning.

[/quote]

While I disagree with Smudger''s enthusiasm over firing Gunn (he should have been given a chance to prove his incompetency with his own team, if that was going to be the case, and Tuesday''s result suggests otherwise was a real possibility), he does make a valid, potent point about the problem with the team being deeper than who the manager is.

The downfall began when we were promoted to the Prem.  Bad decisions from the top cost us hugely then, and continue to do so up to this point.  We should have signed Ashton in the summer! Bringing in Doherty while dumping MacKay was a sad travesty. He played for 2 more teams over the next 2 years that got promoted, and then dumped.  Only Watford kept him, and while it didn''t work out for them in the Prem., he was not dyed in the wool Watford like he was Norwich.  Had we kept him, our heart and soul would have been intact for that tough season and surly at least a few of those bad results we suffered then would have turned out differently with him on defense instead of the tubby blonde balding jackwad who has recently been elevated to team captain.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]

I generally agree with your line Smudger but you are wrong with McNally. If he is responsible for Gunn''s sacking then he has all ready shown that he has the balls to put football first and take decisive action. If we appoint another joke of a manager I think it will be because his hands are tied and he will most likely leave if thats the case. I dont think he is here to be made to look stupid or to act as anyones pawn. However, I still think that no manager will be able to turn our club around without a change in owners or serious money from somewhere.

The timing of Gunn''s sacking really makes me think that a replacement manager is all ready lined up - or else it makes no sense and is an utter joke, again.

[/quote]

So you are prepared to give McNally all the plaudits for a unanimous decsion by all 6 board members, but if it all goes t. its up then you are not prepared to pin the blame on him either?

Tell me whose fault will it be when our new manager proves he is equally inadequate???

I have highlighted the most important bit of your post and the only line which I agree with in it.  This is the thing that really matters yet the majority still can''t seem to get their heads around.  Credit to you for at least being able to see that!

If they already have somebody else lined up then I expect this new wonder manager to be in post on Monday morning.

[/quote]

Yes you are right - I am prepared to give McNally the plaudits because no decision like this has ever been taken so quickly prior to his arrival. I would guess that Delia and Michael reluctantly agreed to the decision. So why give them any credit for it? However, D&M are ultimately the ones responsible for the financing of the club. You dont expect McNally to put his hand in his pocket to sign players or a manager do you? He is here to earn a living and to build on his reputation. But like I said, and you agree with, no manager alone is going to get us out of this mess. So when it does go t.its up again, and I beleive its only a matter of time, the blame has to lie with Delia and Michael for either not putting enough money in themselves or not finding someone who will.

BTW what are you trying to achieve by starting your post off with ''what a load of crap'' and then going on to give me some credit for part of my post? Do you feel the need to build on your grumpy internet persona with every single post you make?

oh yeah, sure it was down to these numpty''s, nothing to do with relegation and the a 7-1 drubbing on the first day!

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Just one last thanks to those two guys, even if the stark national public image that their pitch invasion has counted for 1% towards todays board decision, it will have been more than worth it! - thanks guys.[/quote]

Mark and Daniel Warman....legends![/quote]

More like low quality family....

[/quote]Maybe being the big man behind his computer, you have a chat with mark and daniel warman, explaining why you think they are a low quailty family!you complete muppet!

[quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]Smudger your not seriously suggesting McNally''s a fool like Doncaster are you?McNally is clearly a good leader and the right kind of CEO weve needed.

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"][quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]Smudger your not seriously suggesting McNally''s a fool like Doncaster are you?McNally is clearly a good leader and the right kind of CEO weve needed.[/quote]I was stunned and (pleasantly) surprised by his appointment but the botched events of the last couple of days have seriously stretched his credibility and, if there''s any truth in the JFH /Poyet rumour, I will tar him with the same brush as his predecessor......[:@]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"][quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]

Smudger your not seriously suggesting McNally''s a fool like Doncaster are you?

McNally is clearly a good leader and the right kind of CEO weve needed.
[/quote]

I was stunned and (pleasantly) surprised by his appointment but the botched events of the last couple of days have seriously stretched his credibility and, if there''s any truth in the JFH /Poyet rumour, I will tar him with the same brush as his predecessor......[:@]
[/quote]

What should he have done differently YY?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"][quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]Smudger your not seriously suggesting McNally''s a fool like Doncaster are you?McNally is clearly a good leader and the right kind of CEO weve needed.[/quote]I was stunned and (pleasantly) surprised by his appointment but the botched events of the last couple of days have seriously stretched his credibility and, if there''s any truth in the JFH /Poyet rumour, I will tar him with the same brush as his predecessor......[:@][/quote]

[/quote]Where do you start?If it was clear to DM that Gunn was the wrong man for the job (and surely one game, however devastating, didn''t decide his fate.) he should have acted before the start of the season and, preferably, before the squad had been assembled.If, contrary to the above, (and on the ''''last straw" theory) DM decided after Col U that Gunn was so hopeless he had to go, then it should have been engineered either immediately after the game or on Sunday. BG could then have been given the chance to go with some dignity which, after all these years, he surely deserved.Having (so we are told) made the decision BEFORE the Yeovil game, Gunn should never have been left in charge of the team for that game. I can only think that they EXPECTED us to lose and therefore provide more justification to announce the sacking.To make the announcement (which appeared to dribble out via the National Media- sloppy in itself) 24 hours before a key (aren''t they all) League game with Gunn and the team camped down in the West Country was both crass and inhuman. Why could it not have been delayed until Sunday or Monday- or were they frightened he might actually win another away game and make the sacking look even more illogical?If there is any truth in the JFH / GP rumour, I fail to see the point of sacking Gunn. JFH might turn out to be the best Manager ever but he has exactly the same problem that Gunn had (no experience) and not even the goodwill of having been a playing legend. What happens if we lose heavily in a month''s time? Do we sack him too?When the news first broke, I hoped they wouldn''t go for someone like Boothroyd but, if JFH is the alternative, I would welcome Adie with open arms!To sum up, I wouldn''t have appointed Gunn in the first place, but having got to this stage in the season, the actions taken and, particularly the way they were taken, smack of more rank amateurism- UNLESS there was some cataclysmic event that we are yet to hear about that forced DM''s hand.I really don''t understand how we have been dragged into this situation but, for obvious reasons, I sincerely hope Mcnally gets his act together PDQ.

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="canary cherub "]

[quote user="Yelverton Yella"][quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"][quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]

[/quote]

I was stunned and (pleasantly) surprised by his appointment but the botched events of the last couple of days have seriously stretched his credibility and, if there''s any truth in the JFH /Poyet rumour, I will tar him with the same brush as his predecessor......[:@]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Where do you start?

If it was clear to DM that Gunn was the wrong man for the job (and surely one game, however devastating, didn''t decide his fate.) he should have acted before the start of the season and, preferably, before the squad had been assembled.

If, contrary to the above, (and on the ''''last straw" theory) DM decided after Col U that Gunn was so hopeless he had to go, then it should have been engineered either immediately after the game or on Sunday. BG could then have been given the chance to go with some dignity which, after all these years, he surely deserved.

Having (so we are told) made the decision BEFORE the Yeovil game, Gunn should never have been left in charge of the team for that game. I can only think that they EXPECTED us to lose and therefore provide more justification to announce the sacking.

To make the announcement (which appeared to dribble out via the National Media- sloppy in itself) 24 hours before a key (aren''t they all) League game with Gunn and the team camped down in the West Country was both crass and inhuman. Why could it not have been delayed until Sunday or Monday- or were they frightened he might actually win another away game and make the sacking look even more illogical?

If there is any truth in the JFH / GP rumour, I fail to see the point of sacking Gunn. JFH might turn out to be the best Manager ever but he has exactly the same problem that Gunn had (no experience) and not even the goodwill of having been a playing legend. What happens if we lose heavily in a month''s time? Do we sack him too?

When the news first broke, I hoped they wouldn''t go for someone like Boothroyd but, if JFH is the alternative, I would welcome Adie with open arms!

To sum up, I wouldn''t have appointed Gunn in the first place, but having got to this stage in the season, the actions taken and, particularly the way they were taken, smack of more rank amateurism- UNLESS there was some cataclysmic event that we are yet to hear about that forced DM''s hand.

I really don''t understand how we have been dragged into this situation but, for obvious reasons, I sincerely hope Mcnally gets his act together PDQ.
[/quote]

With respect, there''s an awful lot of "ifs" in there YY. 

We are told that the board met after Colchester but not whether it was straight after.  Rumours abound as to whether the decision was made prior to Yeovil and who really picked the team on Tuesday night.  And what about the Capital Canaries meeting on Monday evening?  Had a decision already been made?

We are also told that their deliberations were "lengthy".  That could mean several days before they reached the unanimity they were looking for.

I do think we need more than the brief statement that''s been issued.  Of course we now have an impeccable source right there in the boardroom.  So should I hold my breath . . . no, perhaps not [;)]

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes you are right - I am prepared to give McNally the plaudits because no decision like this has ever been taken so quickly prior to his arrival. I would guess that Delia and Michael reluctantly agreed to the decision. So why give them any credit for it? However, D&M are ultimately the ones responsible for the financing of the club. You dont expect McNally to put his hand in his pocket to sign players or a manager do you? He is here to earn a living and to build on his reputation. But like I said, and you agree with, no manager alone is going to get us out of this mess. So when it does go t.its up again, and I beleive its only a matter of time, the blame has to lie with Delia and Michael for either not putting enough money in themselves or not finding someone who will.

BTW what are you trying to achieve by starting your post off with ''what a load of crap'' and then going on to give me some credit for part of my post? Do you feel the need to build on your grumpy internet persona with every single post you make?

[/quote]

Yes I do expect McNally to put his hand in his pocket and buy some players if he wishes to sit in our boardroom and make decisions (not that Smith & Jones have done this for many, many years either).

I also expect McNally to take his share of the blame, when lack of money from those in the boardroom leaves us sat looking at failure to win promotion from an awful league, simply because things have been left to chance and our playing squad has been underfunded for far too long.

You seem to want to gibve McNally all of the plaudits for making thks decision, yet none of the criticism when it all goes tits up though.

You seem to miss the point that McNally, Bowkett and Phillips have changed absolutely nothing at our club... nothing will change until significant money is invested.

When we fail this season it will be just as much down to McNally as it will Smith & Jones.

People like you targeted the wrong people in Doncaster and Munby.  You have been lucky enough to replace them with 3 people who will change nothing and will be sat there looking to point the blame somewhere else come the end of this season no doubt.

[quote user="Barclayman your Carrow Road SuperHero"][quote user="Smudger"]Oh dear, who are we going to have to run on the pitch when McNally''s new project - Co-Co the Clown for NCFC Manager fails miserably???[/quote]

[/quote]

I certainly am... he was fool enough to put himself in a no-win situation working for the football employers of the year.

If you think that a CEO (paid lackie) who has invested nothing in to a football club, is going to change anything there, then I can only think that you may of fitted in as well as Mr McNally alongside him on our board of directionless.

What an absolutely crazy post!

Anyone who holds these two morons as heroes certainly are obviously a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

These two poor excuses for human beings should be banned for Carrow Road for life.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink hahahaha.... [:$]

Not saying I want him, but I wonder if Posh said the same about Ferguson, Mk about DI Matteo and Macclesfield about Ince?

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="No Quarter"]

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Just one last thanks to those two guys, even if the stark national public image that their pitch invasion has counted for 1% towards todays board decision, it will have been more than worth it! - thanks guys.[/quote]

Mark and Daniel Warman....legends!
[/quote]

More like low quality family....

[/quote]

Maybe being the big man behind his computer, you have a chat with mark and daniel warman, explaining why you think they are a low quailty family!

you complete muppet!
[/quote]

Don''t think I''d want to as they''d beat the s**t out of me.  Doesn''t change the fact that they are probably a bit low quality.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I do expect McNally to put his hand in his pocket and buy some players if he wishes to sit in our boardroom and make decisions (not that Smith & Jones have done this for many, many years either).

I also expect McNally to take his share of the blame, when lack of money from those in the boardroom leaves us sat looking at failure to win promotion from an awful league, simply because things have been left to chance and our playing squad has been underfunded for far too long.

You seem to want to gibve McNally all of the plaudits for making thks decision, yet none of the criticism when it all goes tits up though.

You seem to miss the point that McNally, Bowkett and Phillips have changed absolutely nothing at our club... nothing will change until significant money is invested.

When we fail this season it will be just as much down to McNally as it will Smith & Jones.

People like you targeted the wrong people in Doncaster and Munby.  You have been lucky enough to replace them with 3 people who will change nothing and will be sat there looking to point the blame somewhere else come the end of this season no doubt.

[/quote]

Now you are talking a load of crap. I never targeted Doncaster or Munby. You are trying to manipulate what I have said to suit yourself. As I said in my original post, nothing will change without a change in ownership or serious money from somewhere. That at least we agree on. As far as McNally putting his hand in his pocket, it was my impression that he was here to do a job that he is paid to do. He is not here as an investor! How many jobs have you had where you put your hand in your pocket to help out a company you dont own and cannot profit from? I have not missed the point at all as you suggest. You think McNally will be to blame for our inevitable failure this year. I however believe he would be the right man for the job is we had seriou funds available to put into the squad. Do you agree on that part? If so then you are being hypocritical to blame him for any failure under Delia. He is either a good man for the job or not and I say he is good for it. Anybody disagree? No, thought not.

Bump!

Thank god Smudger is a well rounded individual, and you''re so right Smudge my old boy, I am an idiot. Despite this fact, even I can spot someone who is unhappy with Smith & Jones because they didn''t accept his printing contract, boo hoo.

Idiot.