Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Re: ****Protest next saturday****

[quote user="jammis"]

notts county,southampton, mancity all recently invested in!

So how does that help Norwich. Southampton were invested in but not given large sums of cash it was merely to save them from disappearing, Notts County have a board with lomg-term links to Middle Eastern money and Man City are premiership and more likely to attract big money. Look at Newcastle - no one is seriously interested in them - it''s the wrong time to invest in a play thing for most people.

For all those wanting change, instead of protesting do something constructive and put your energy into finding someone to buy Delia out. Unless you''ve got an alternative a protest seems pretty pointless.

[/quote]

Rickie Lambert cost more than our entire squad??? [:$]

Scooby wrote...

For once why don''t you Arfur or one of your enlightened bunch, Wiz, Smudger, ANYONE, tell us exactly what is going to happen when Delia says screw you and takes what little money she has left and buggers off? I''d be soooo grateful to find out.

I thought that I had told you all many times Scooby?  But seeing as you weren''t listening, I am not going to waste my time yet again.

The thing is, it''s not really the job if the supporters to find new owners for the club is it. That''s the job of someone like Keith Harris, or the present incumbents themselves possibly if they wanted out. Which they don''t. Until recently we''d been lead to believe that Mr Harris was looking for buyers for the Club, that the Club was ''For Sale''. This, as many were already thinking, is not the case. Mr Harris would had have more luck standing outside Jarrolds with a collection tin as Charity was effectively what he was sent looking for.

The point of a protest would to be to convince them to go. She can''t just take all her money back either. It''s not a bank. Unless I am mistaken she has been converting her loans to shares for many years. She can''t just up and leave. If she wants some money back she has to sell. Protesting may convince her that this is the right course of action and it may convince her that her shares are not worth £30 each or whatever ridiculous figure she put on them 12 months ago.

I also wonder how many potential new owners have been sent packing over the years without our knowledge. Would we have known about Cullum''s interest had he not gone to thr press himself. What about Mr Tweed''s consortium? Have there been any more? One thing is for sure, I don''t trust her.

That being said I don''t believe that NOW is the right time for a protest for reasons stated here: http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1805703/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user=Sir Arthur Whittle OBE, CBE, OAP. ]

PROTEST NOW!!! DELIA OUT!!!

Here we go again, another old moaner spits his dummy. You''re not real fans na na na na na. Can''t you come up with anything more original?  Of course such childish insults are going to make every single one of us come running to your banner to prove that we are, like you and your cronies real fans.

For once why don''t you Arfur or one of your enlightened bunch, Wiz, Smudger, ANYONE, tell us exactly what is going to happen when Delia says screw you and takes what little money she has left and buggers off? I''d be soooo grateful to find out.

Of course the new manager is going to feel right at home when a bunch of idiots, well, half a dozen, come marching to the ground on his first game in charge. And as for the players? Surely they''re going to love it too, aren''t they? I''m sure that will make them go out and play even harder for you true fans, not the 20 odd thousand inside the ground.  Should your little paddy parade go ahead, which I doubt, the only good it will do is to your own over-inflated ego''s.

[/quote]

yeah your right scooby!
lets sit back and continue to hope something will change! after all delia has a done a cracking job over the past few years!
[/quote]

Same old rubbish regurgitated time after time.  Get of the very small bandwagon, stop moaning, and, as I requested, give me a viable alternative, no? Didn''t think so.

[/quote]

well scooby snacks....whats you big idea?????
URGhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh still waiting!!
I guess your little hands are sore from all that happy clapping.....good work!
[/quote]

Scooby snacks! [:D][:D][:''(][:''(] Ha Ha Ha Ha !!! That''s soooooo funny.[|-)]  The ONLY alternative to the present set up is, believe it or not, to get another one. It''s not rocket science is it?  Sacking the board, getting rid of the Stowmarket two, or any amount of protesting is not going to change that, nor, if it were realistically possible, would it do anything but dump the club futher down the crapper and almost certainly into administration.

We need a new investor, everyone knows that, but if you want Delia out then you need to find someone with enough money to buy her out, lock stock and barrel.      Simples

There is no other way! So all your protestations pretty much fall on deaf ears.  (not that that will ever shut you lot up)

Yeah a protest. great, thanks. That should help say a big welcome to the new manger and help him feel at home.There is a time and place for this. The time and place was Carrow road when we lost to Reading. This ill thought out ''protest'' will probably cause more damage than it could ever rectify

[quote user="Smudger"]

Scooby wrote...

I thought that I had told you all many times Scooby?  But seeing as you weren''t listening, I am not going to waste my time yet again.

[/quote]

Another cop out, funny how none of you have an answer.

[quote user="BIC"]Yeah a protest. great, thanks.
That should help say a big welcome to the new manger and help him feel at home.

There is a time and place for this. The time and place was Carrow road when we lost to Reading. This ill thought out ''protest'' will probably cause more damage than it could ever rectify
[/quote]

Why did you not protest then either if that is the case???  [:^)]

[quote user="BIC"]Yeah a protest. great, thanks.
That should help say a big welcome to the new manger and help him feel at home.

There is a time and place for this. The time and place was Carrow road when we lost to Reading. This ill thought out ''protest'' will probably cause more damage than it could ever rectify
[/quote]

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Smudger"]

Scooby wrote...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny how those paid to have answers do not have any either.

Of course you believe nobody will step in and that Smith and Jones are bigger than NCFC itself??? [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Smudger"]

Scooby wrote...

[/quote]

[/quote]

Funny how those paid to have answers do not have any either.

Of course you believe nobody will step in and that Smith and Jones are bigger than NCFC itself??? [:$]

[/quote]

Still coppin out Smudger.  You should be a poitician.

You have had confirmations of interest (despite us being told there are no buyers out there) in the press Scooby.

You still seem willing to believe that there is nobody else out there willing to buy such a great club though?

Why do you believe that?  Is there currently something/somebody at our club that makes it such an unattractive proposition to the money men out there?

Completely untrue Smudger.  I firmly believe that, one day, someone will come to our rescue, but will it be soon enough?  They will, however need sufficient funds to do so.

And to your last point the answer is yes.  The something is a/our position in the league, perhaps not the most attractive club on the market, and b/ the current financial climate.

So what you''re actually saying Smudger is that we need a buyer?  The same as I do.  So what, pray tell me, will a protest achieve other than to upset the players and quite probably the new manager too?

[quote user="Smudger"]

You still seem willing to believe that there is nobody else out there willing to buy such a great club though?

[/quote]

I have to confess to being confused Smudge. You say that, but one of your closest allies on here says this:

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1805784/ShowPost.aspx

These seem to be diametrically opposed arguments. If we can''t get a decent manager because the job is already a "poisoned chalice", how will a protest at this point improve matters? Or has there been a schism within the Revolutionary Front for the Liberation of Carrow Road?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BIC"]Yeah a protest. great, thanks. That should help say a big welcome to the new manger and help him feel at home.There is a time and place for this. The time and place was Carrow road when we lost to Reading. This ill thought out ''protest'' will probably cause more damage than it could ever rectify[/quote]

[/quote]Because I live 7,000 miles away from Carrow Road. Why didn''t YOU protest?

[quote user="BIC"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BIC"]Yeah a protest. great, thanks. That should help say a big welcome to the new manger and help him feel at home.There is a time and place for this. The time and place was Carrow road when we lost to Reading. This ill thought out ''protest'' will probably cause more damage than it could ever rectify[/quote]

[/quote]Because I live 7,000 miles away from Carrow Road. Why didn''t YOU protest?[/quote]

maybe you should get on a plane and watch the crap thats going on at carrow road!

I do regularly and I think it''s a shiit as the rest of you. Just because I know a protest is a bad idea doesn''t mean I support the board. When will the idiots on this board understand this?What will a protest achieve? What will you all do if we appoint say Strachan, unlikely though that is. How do you think that will look to him?

[quote user="BIC"]I do regularly and I think it''s a shiit as the rest of you. Just because I know a protest is a bad idea doesn''t mean I support the board. When will the idiots on this board understand this?What will a protest achieve? What will you all do if we appoint say Strachan, unlikely though that is. How do you think that will look to him?[/quote]Well this my point, im torn between a rock and a hard place,personally the removal of Gunn is worthy of credit,imreally concerned by delias lack of money and continued mistakes. I think we have gone on for far to long and we are in a serious state! If strachan was appointed i would have to rethink in the case of a protest, but still feel Delia must go,and i will stand up and be counted

That''s fine, but can you not see that now is a bad time?Deliah and MWJ have relinquished a certain amount of control of the club, as evidenced by the fact that the board has effectively overruled them on keeping Gunn. Now''s the time to see if this results in a sea change, not to protest for nothing. Nothing positive will come of this

Im all for protesting and so on, but surely its got to be the right time and place. Presumably a new manager will be inplace before saturday, so surely for his first game at Carrow Road, which would be a league game, and therefore is important, would be an inappropriate time?. However if you were talking about the Sunderland game on sky, which would gain more publicity through the television, and is a game of lesser importance, because lets face it, were not going to win the carling cup, then i, and a lot more people would be inclined to take part. I also think a protest in and around the ground would have more affect. The amount of fans that read this forum is a minority, so when the ''non pinkun'' fans, that want the ''Stowmarket 2'', to be ousted, see people protesting, then they would join and the whole thing would pick up momentum, with more than a 100 turning up. because i dont think many people hang around the archant towers or wherever you are planning to meet before a game. So with larger numbers attending surely the local press become interested?

Just a thought

Don''t know, now certainly isn''t though.I think effective protests are more likely to happen relatively spontaneously, although it was surprising that nothing happened after Reading, which would''ve been a good time in my opinion

But BIC many never see a good time.After Worthy? Not a good time.After Grant? Not a good time.After Roeder? Not a good time.After Gunn? Not a good time.cant people see that we cannot let these mistakes keep happening? As for us board outers being branders as non supporters, just cast your mind back to the no confidence vote at St Andrews hall....Thats an awful lot of non supporters who went out of there  way to vote......

[quote user="BIC"]Don''t know, now certainly isn''t though.
I think effective protests are more likely to happen relatively spontaneously, although it was surprising that nothing happened after Reading, which would''ve been a good time in my opinion
[/quote]

Something did happen after Reading, just the majority of you spinless fooks never joined in... [:$]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BIC"]Don''t know, now certainly isn''t though.
I think effective protests are more likely to happen relatively spontaneously, although it was surprising that nothing happened after Reading, which would''ve been a good time in my opinion
[/quote]

Something did happen after Reading, just the majority of you spinless fooks never joined in... [:$]

[/quote]

spineless even... [:$]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

I have to confess to being confused Smudge. You say that, but one of your closest allies on here says this:

http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/1805784/ShowPost.aspx

These seem to be diametrically opposed arguments. If we can''t get a decent manager because the job is already a "poisoned chalice", how will a protest at this point improve matters? Or has there been a schism within the Revolutionary Front for the Liberation of Carrow Road?

[/quote]

The club iteslf is not seen as a joke BEAU, more a case of it is in it''s current predicament (ie: led by a celebrity who has run is in to the ground while our fans have sat and watched it happen - some fans have even supported her in doing this).

It is quite simple, remove the reason why we are seen as the butt of national jokes and the club will start to move in the right direction once more.  Decent Managers may want to come and manage here again, decent players may wish to pull on a yellow shirt once more, we may even build a team to be proud of and go from strenth to strength.

It is a GREAT CLUB and it will rise again.  Sadly, in my opinion, that day will only be prolonged while Smith & Jones are majority shareholders and the majority of our fans are clutching at straws for club employees (such as our new CEO) to be the saviour of us all.

Are you directing that at me?I''m on another continent. Spineless I am not.I''m also not totally dismissive of anyone who dares to think differently from me, unlike yourself

[quote user="BIC"]Are you directing that at me?
I''m on another continent. Spineless I am not.

I''m also not totally dismissive of anyone who dares to think differently from me, unlike yourself
[/quote]

Yes Mr "Time to Protest was after the Reading Game" why didn''t you then???

There was a protest, between 50 and 100 took part in it.

As for not being totally dismissive of people who think differently from you, may I ask what you are doing posting on this thread?  Haven''t you posted similar on many similar protest threads over the last few years?  Let these people do what they want to do and shut up!