Sign in to follow this  
can u sit down please

Re: ****Protest next saturday****

Did you all know that quite a few people have expressed an interest in buying our club but the Stowmarket 2 dont wanna play ball?Did you know that some of these deals have been put in place by PROACTIVE local businessmen who want something to happen?No thought not.Ive had that on my chest for sometime now and vowed i would never publically share it on a msg board. But now im just so pissed off at some peoples loyalty to DS and MWJ im having too!

Are you capable of reading?I just said I live 7,000 miles away. At 1500 quid and 16 hours, that makes home games a little tiresome and expensive. Away games in the west country are ok though.No doubt you''d be zipping home every weekend though wouldn''t you? Jesus no wonder you can''t agree with anyone who''s opinion differs from yours. You can''t read their posts can you?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Did you all know that quite a few people have expressed an interest in buying our club but the Stowmarket 2 dont wanna play ball?Did you know that some of these deals have been put in place by PROACTIVE local businessmen who want something to happen?No thought not.Ive had that on my chest for sometime now and vowed i would never publically share it on a msg board. But now im just so pissed off at some peoples loyalty to DS and MWJ im having too![/quote]If you''ve had that on your chest for some time, then why have you only waited until now to call for a protest, just as a new manager is being sought?

That "deal" claim is either BS you just made up or you should explain it.

I think that whoever want''s to protest should go ahead and do just that, a couple of hundred people protesting outside the ground is not going to make the blindest bit of difference one way or the other.

If you want serious change you need to talk with Aviva, other creditors, the national press etc - just what dirt do you have to embarrass the club with?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BIC"]Don''t know, now certainly isn''t though.I think effective protests are more likely to happen relatively spontaneously, although it was surprising that nothing happened after Reading, which would''ve been a good time in my opinion[/quote]

Something did happen after Reading, just the majority of you spinless fooks never joined in... [:$]

[/quote]It really didn''t help that it was unorganized did it?  Walking out of the N&P, I certainly didn''t hear or see anything.

[quote user="Mr. Carrow"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BIC"]Don''t know, now certainly isn''t though.I think effective protests are more likely to happen relatively spontaneously, although it was surprising that nothing happened after Reading, which would''ve been a good time in my opinion[/quote]

Something did happen after Reading, just the majority of you spinless fooks never joined in... [:$]

[/quote]It really didn''t help that it was unorganized did it?  Walking out of the N&P, I certainly didn''t hear or see anything.[/quote]same also walking out of the n&p i didnt even know there was a protest happening till i got home and read about it on here

[quote user="scorcher"]Norfolkians don''t ya love''um, if only there was a brewery left[/quote]Suffolk folk.  You know what they say, you''re never more than three feet away from one...  Oh wait, that''s rats.  So easy to confuse them.

[quote user="Methane"]

Technically this is now ''this saturday''......... but maybe the man protests too much

[/quote]Technically this is Monday

Interesting comments from  a truested and reliable poster (CUSDP).  I am somewhat surprised that more hasnt been made of them.  Further evidence that delia & Michael appear less than keen to let anybody play with their toy.  If you feel able to say more CUSDP when were the most recent approaches made??

Only an idiot would doubt CUSDP, I''d trust him more than anyone else on this board. It''s a pity that the businessmen involved don''t officially spill the beans on this and show Smith up for what she is, I haven''t believed a word she has said on this investment malarkey for sometime now and this just reinforces what I''ve long since suspected. Is there any way that these business people could be persuaded to go to the press with this CUSDP?

[quote user="BIC"]Are you capable of reading?
I just said I live 7,000 miles away. At 1500 quid and 16 hours, that makes home games a little tiresome and expensive. Away games in the west country are ok though.
No doubt you''d be zipping home every weekend though wouldn''t you?

Jesus no wonder you can''t agree with anyone who''s opinion differs from yours. You can''t read their posts can you?
[/quote]

I realise how difficult it is to get to and from games for those living a distance away, having done so myself for many years BIC.

I was once questioned to how many games I had been to in a season at a meeting in Norwich, prior to expressing an opinion I held when I lived in Leeds.

I would not be telling people when they should protest or not if I was able to attend a protest myself and hadn''t.  Tell me, were you at the Reading game last season?  Have you been to a game since?

i have protested in recent times, one of the most effective single protests i have done was the flowers and sign on the club badge saying ''rip norwich city'' on carrow road as soon as we were relegated into the 3rd tier. not only did the edp / evening news have this on the front of the green un on the monday but it got noticed by the tv too thus getting my point accross.

if you want to get rid of delia then standing outside the directors entrance with a ''massive protest'' totalling 11 adults and 30 u16''s will not really look good - think outside the box and come up with a protest that will get noticed.

[quote user="Mr. Carrow"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BIC"]Don''t know, now certainly isn''t though.
I think effective protests are more likely to happen relatively spontaneously, although it was surprising that nothing happened after Reading, which would''ve been a good time in my opinion
[/quote]

[/quote]

It really didn''t help that it was unorganized did it?  Walking out of the N&P, I certainly didn''t hear or see anything.
[/quote]

Question still remains, why you and the majority chose to do NOTHING that night Mr.Carrow

Do you need somebody holding your hand, telling you what to do, what to say and how to say it in order for you to express your feelings?

I am sure that you remember how to protest if you think hard enough???

Were that CHASE OUT protests away at Leicester when Martin O'' Neill walked out organised?  Were the protests at home to Southend on Boxing Day organised?

[quote user="mr wizard"][quote user="Mr. Carrow"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="BIC"]Don''t know, now certainly isn''t though.
I think effective protests are more likely to happen relatively spontaneously, although it was surprising that nothing happened after Reading, which would''ve been a good time in my opinion
[/quote]

[/quote]

It really didn''t help that it was unorganized did it?  Walking out of the N&P, I certainly didn''t hear or see anything.
[/quote]

same also walking out of the n&p i didnt even know there was a protest happening till i got home and read about it on here
[/quote]

Same again... you were too gutless to express how you felt yourself that evening though???

[quote user="glove1"]

i have protested in recent times, one of the most effective single protests i have done was the flowers and sign on the club badge saying ''rip norwich city'' on carrow road as soon as we were relegated into the 3rd tier. not only did the edp / evening news have this on the front of the green un on the monday but it got noticed by the tv too thus getting my point accross.

if you want to get rid of delia then standing outside the directors entrance with a ''massive protest'' totalling 11 adults and 30 u16''s will not really look good - think outside the box and come up with a protest that will get noticed.

[/quote]

You are right GLOVE1

But a protest totalling the number of people who should be aggrieved at the way our club has been run, would be the biggest indicator yet that change is a neccesity.

Not just a one off protest either, but continued pressure for the majority shareholders to step down.

Unbelievable.  I go to bed, get up in the morning and STILL, the same people are on here, on the same thread, harping on about protest here, protest there and STILL not one of you can come up with a viable alternative or a solution to the problem of what will happen if you miraculously get your way and Delia decides she''s had enough and walks out.

Please please please!! Will one of you prove to me that you have enough brain power to have thought this through and TELL ME WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO!!!!!!!

Is that plain and simple enough for you?

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Did you all know that quite a few people have expressed an interest in buying our club but the Stowmarket 2 dont wanna play ball?

Did you know that some of these deals have been put in place by PROACTIVE local businessmen who want something to happen?

No thought not.

Ive had that on my chest for sometime now and vowed i would never publically share it on a msg board. But now im just so pissed off at some peoples loyalty to DS and MWJ im having too!
[/quote]

Jack Tweed''s uncle...

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Mr. Carrow"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]It really didn''t help that it was unorganized did it?  Walking out of the N&P, I certainly didn''t hear or see anything.[/quote]

Question still remains, why you and the majority chose to do NOTHING that night Mr.Carrow

Do you need somebody holding your hand, telling you what to do, what to say and how to say it in order for you to express your feelings?

I am sure that you remember how to protest if you think hard enough???

Were that CHASE OUT protests away at Leicester when Martin O'' Neill walked out organised?  Were the protests at home to Southend on Boxing Day organised?

[/quote]Why didn''t I do anything? Because that night, I needed a way to get home.  Being 15 that way to get home was having my Dad drive me.  As much as I want rid of Delia and MWJ I''m not going to stay in Norwich over night.Of course I don''t need someone there holding my hand, I would just rather have something organized so I can get there and back, that''s all.The Reading protest was hardly an opportune time though was it, when a vast majority of people have to drive home, a fair percentage either under 16 or over 65.I was at the ''protest'' at the Open Day, where well over 40 people on here said they would turn up and even out of the couple thousand there, 20 people turned up.

[quote user="Scooby"]

Unbelievable.  I go to bed, get up in the morning and STILL, the same people are on here, on the same thread, harping on about protest here, protest there and STILL not one of you can come up with a viable alternative or a solution to the problem of what will happen if you miraculously get your way and Delia decides she''s had enough and walks out.

Please please please!! Will one of you prove to me that you have enough brain power to have thought this through and TELL ME WHAT YOU INTEND TO DO!!!!!!!

Is that plain and simple enough for you?

[/quote]The protests were aimed to show Delia we are not happy, to encourage her to find a buyer instead of an investor.  She simply would not walk away from the club she ''loves'', in my opinion.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]But BIC many never see a good time.

After Worthy? Not a good time.

After Grant? Not a good time.

After Roeder? Not a good time.

After Gunn? Not a good time.

cant people see that we cannot let these mistakes keep happening? As for us board outers being branders as non supporters, just cast your mind back to the no confidence vote at St Andrews hall....Thats an awful lot of non supporters who went out of there  way to vote......
[/quote]

You and I were both at that meeting CUSDP. We voted on 3 resolutions.

The first was that majority agreed to reclaim their rebate and pay the price agreed for Division Three football when they renewed. This has been done.

The second was that the majority agreed they didn''t believe Bryan Gunn should have been appointed. The only way we could get that changed was for him to be sacked and that has now been done.

The third was a resounding vote of no confidence in the board which at the time was just three people. The board has now been changed.

We hear over and over that the fans aren''t ever listened to and yet everything that was voted on has been changed to what the fans wanted.

This thread states clearly that this would not be a protest against the board but a protest specifically aimed at Smith&Jones. There was no mandate from that meeting at The Andrews to hound out the majority shareholders so don''t pretend there was.

I am not saying you shouldn''t make such a protest, just saying you should be clear about what it is because it has never been made clear before and I certainly didn''t vote to hound out Smith & Jones at The Andrews.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="can u sit down please"]But BIC many never see a good time.After Worthy? Not a good time.After Grant? Not a good time.After Roeder? Not a good time.After Gunn? Not a good time.cant people see that we cannot let these mistakes keep happening? As for us board outers being branders as non supporters, just cast your mind back to the no confidence vote at St Andrews hall....Thats an awful lot of non supporters who went out of there  way to vote......[/quote]

You and I were both at that meeting CUSDP. We voted on 3 resolutions.

The first was that majority agreed to reclaim their rebate and pay the price agreed for Division Three football when they renewed. This has been done.

The second was that the majority agreed they didn''t believe Bryan Gunn should have been appointed. The only way we could get that changed was for him to be sacked and that has now been done.

The third was a resounding vote of no confidence in the board which at the time was just three people. The board has now been changed.

We hear over and over that the fans aren''t ever listened to and yet everything that was voted on has been changed to what the fans wanted.

This thread states clearly that this would not be a protest against the board but a protest specifically aimed at Smith&Jones. There was no mandate from that meeting at The Andrews to hound out the majority shareholders so don''t pretend there was.

I am not saying you shouldn''t make such a protest, just saying you should be clear about what it is because it has never been made clear before and I certainly didn''t vote to hound out Smith & Jones at The Andrews.

[/quote]Why use facts when we can all just act up like headless chickens?

Well put Nutty.

Some fans seem to think that running around like headless chickens will improve the present situation.

It is a new Board with a different approach. We should support our team and club on Saturday.

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]Well put Nutty. Some fans seem to think that running around like headless chickens will improve the present situation. It is a new Board with a different approach. We should support our team and club on Saturday.[/quote]

yeah cause sitting back has helped!

[quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

[quote user="Norfolk Dumpling"]Well put Nutty. Some fans seem to think that running around like headless chickens will improve the present situation. It is a new Board with a different approach. We should support our team and club on Saturday.[/quote]

[/quote]Well whatever you want to complain about, you can''t say that the board has been sitting back. I think you have to see who McNally and Bowkett and probably Foulger decide to appoint before any kind of protest takes place. For me McN has so far made one strong decision as soon as he could and everything else I have heard doesn''t suggest no plan and weak leadership.Also I walked past the protest after the Colchester humiliation where some total a/hole was shouting at the top of his voice "7 f***ing 1, is that what you lot want"? repeatedly. A guy walking in front holding the hand of his 7 year old, turned to me and said, " I''m so glad that I have more to my life than this, so that I don''t feel the need to behave like that" I tend to agree with him, and frankly, like others no longer really understand the alternative agenda.   

If you want to protest at this particular juncture despite all the good sense from BIC, Nutty and others then that is your democratic right.

Do want your conscience tells you and be true to your heart and your beliefs.

Just keep it peaceful, honourable and remember that your dispute is with Michael and Delia and not those fans who have different views.

Also remember that what you do, you do for yourselves and not in my name.

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="CANARYCHARGE"]

[/quote]

Well whatever you want to complain about, you can''t say that the board has been sitting back. I think you have to see who McNally and Bowkett and probably Foulger decide to appoint before any kind of protest takes place. For me McN has so far made one strong decision as soon as he could and everything else I have heard doesn''t suggest no plan and weak leadership.

Also I walked past the protest after the Colchester humiliation where some total a/hole was shouting at the top of his voice "7 f***ing 1, is that what you lot want"? repeatedly. A guy walking in front holding the hand of his 7 year old, turned to me and said, " I''m so glad that I have more to my life than this, so that I don''t feel the need to behave like that" I tend to agree with him, and frankly, like others no longer really understand the alternative agenda.   

[/quote]

if you read my other posts you would see where im coming from! I will wait and see who they put in post, this is a make or break time for me!

im sick of people patting delia on the back! we are in trouble but the situation from what i can see with Bowkett and Mcnally it is slowly changing, like i said i will wait with baited breath. But come the announcement and Butterworth or Crook are in place i will stand and be counted!

The fact is that the only manager who did well under Delia was Worthy. He wouldn''t even have finished off poorly if the bored had given him some money to work with. So even when they get decent managers the board doesn''t fully back them.