Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

The "Delia Out" Campaign

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

I`m pleased that Delia has accepted that her shares are practically worthless (although i`d like to see the official statement- are you not relying on the heresay you criticised earlier in the thread?) but that doesn`t mean she will accept a fair (ie.low) price for them does it?[/quote]

It was on Tangies equation. Take it up with him!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]7rew, if they were seriously happy to negotiate the value of their shares, then there was no need to place a valuation in the public domain at all.  The two things contradict each other.  And before you repeat "yes but it was just the nominal price per share", at the top of the statement was a line which stated that these were the sums a new owner would have to find to take over the club- it couldn`t be any clearer.[/quote]See my previous - middle of a transfer window, takeover speculation being whipped up by archant,  there was definately a need to say something to cool it down.  The valuation did that very well if you remember.RememberBoard =/= DS and MWJ.But then you are willfully ignoring that aren''t you.

...That £56m statement was a ghastly PR blunder. One of three

made by the club in the first public week of Cullumgate, to go with

those being made by Cullum. For a price I would happily have advised either side - or both.7rew is almost certainly right when

he points the finger at Neil Doncaster. I think I''m right in saying Joe

Ferrari, the head of media, was away on compassionate leave at this time; if he had been around perhaps this mistake - and the others

- would have been avoided.It was a mistake for two reasons.

Firstly, to a lot of fans it looked like a valuation, even though it

was not. Either the statement should never have been issued, or it

should have been put out in a much more user-friendly and explanatory

fashion. As a statement of fact it is impossible to argue with it, but in the real world it was not helpful.Secondly it fixed in the minds of fans that the real issue in Cullumgate was the purchase price, when it was not.