Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

The "Delia Out" Campaign

[quote user="The Butler"]

Ever thought that if the "new owner" did not make so many mistakes

then perhaps the amount needed extra year on year might not be so much?

[/quote]Just about every club from the top 6 down relies upon extra money to be pumped in, regularly.  If fewer mistakes were made I have no doubt that more money would be available to the team.  We are where we are Butler.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."]

I might be wrong but with regards to the Shares and Cullum it was 20 million debt,20 million investment,16 million shares, which valued the shares at £30 a pop. Far to high for our club at the time.

[/quote]

You are indeed right - the £30 was agreed at an AGM, it''s in my previous post. But that doesn''t mean my shares are worth £30 does it? I could value them at a tenner too. Make me an offer?

[/quote]

Well a real fan would of been prepared to waive their shares for nothing if an offer of £20 million in to the clubs player budget was offered I would of thought, but what do I know???  [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."]

I might be wrong but with regards to the Shares and Cullum it was 20 million debt,20 million investment,16 million shares, which valued the shares at £30 a pop. Far to high for our club at the time.

[/quote]

You are indeed right - the £30 was agreed at an AGM, it''s in my previous post. But that doesn''t mean my shares are worth £30 does it? I could value them at a tenner too. Make me an offer?

[/quote]

Well a real fan would of been prepared to waive their shares for nothing if an offer of £20 million in to the clubs player budget was offered I would of thought, but what do I know???  [:|]

[/quote]20 million doesn''t go very far in the Championship.  Roy Keane has spent about 12 million so far hasn''t he ?  And look where Ipswich are.  Once that money is spent, where is the commitment to spend more ?  There isn''t one.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Sir Arthur Whittle OBE CBE OAP."]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Especially as we were later told the shares are worthless!!!

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Blahblahblah,

On the basis of his Sunderland work, I dont think Keane is realistic regarding player valuation.

Other clubs have got promoted to The Premiership on far less money.

[/quote]

I''ll give you that one, Tangy, may aswell ask the inhabitants of the local looney bin as ask Keane... [:)] 

Although, Joleon Lescott ?  24 million ?

W, T, and indeed F ?

"Roy Keane has spent about 12 million so far hasn''t he"

Has he?! I was under the impression he''d hardly bought more than a few players - albeit for a bit of cash - 2/3 million... not that I pay that much attention!

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The "fear" in her selling up, from my assumption of Delias'' perspective, is that the person / people she sells up to won''t put as much into the club, every year, as she and her husband have, and without those regular cash injections the club might go into admin.  But they''ve wasted a lot of cash on manager compensation packages, and the managers have wasted money (as all managers do) on duff purchases and loans, and then there is those land deals too, so you could argue that in pumping money into the club every year, they''ve just been righting their own wrongs, which is their prerogative to do.

D & M won''t just walk away from the club, or sell to anyone that would inject less than they do currently (or, I suspect anyone that didn''t take care of community aspects of club development).  The main admin threat lies with the debt to the banks, who I imagine are very keen to get their money back.  But the banks won''t call in that debt unless they think they won''t get their money back at all, as doing so would force us into administration, which would give them a return of pennies in the pound, and only then after a long time.  While the club are making repayments, the banks should be happy.

The most likely future ?  McNally tightens off-field spending up, Lambert gets a small transfer budget from player sales, we bimble along in the hope that Lambert can build a team capable of winning league 1, this might take 2 or 3 seasons.  The club won''t go into admin for the reasons outlined above, and will try to find a buyer that meets D & Ms'' stringent criteria.  They will probably fail.  The tipping point would only come if D & Ms'' retirement plans are in trouble, I''d imagine.  Thing is, Delia can always re-release a book to make more money.
[/quote]

Good post, but it doesn`t make much sense to suggest that anyone would pay take a club over only to allow administration through lack of funds and then pretty much lose the lot.  Even a new owner hell-bent on making a profit has the same goals as the fans- success on the pitch- because that is where the money is.

I`m sure your last paragraph on what the future holds is spot-on, but it doesn`t mean we have to like it and meekly go along with it.  We will though, which is why fans who have put up with "bimbling along" on a slow downward trajectory in recent years deserve no better IMO.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Good post, but it doesn`t make much sense to suggest that anyone would pay take a club over only to allow administration through lack of funds and then pretty much lose the lot.  Even a new owner hell-bent on making a profit has the same goals as the fans- success on the pitch- because that is where the money is.[/quote]

The why would anyone object to commiting, in advance, to doing this eminently sensible thing?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Good post, but it doesn`t make much sense to suggest that anyone would

pay take a club over only to allow administration through lack of funds

and then pretty much lose the lot.  Even a new owner hell-bent on

making a profit has the same goals as the fans- success on the pitch-

because that is where the money is.[/quote]Is it conceivable that someone might take over the club, with a view to taking it into administration as a means of clearing the debts ?  Is this what Mr Bates did with Leeds ?  Or are we, with our land assets, in a different ball-park ?

[quote]I`m sure your last paragraph on what the future holds is spot-on, but

it doesn`t mean we have to like it and meekly go along with it.  We

will though, which is why fans who have put up with "bimbling along" on

a slow downward trajectory in recent years deserve no better IMO.[/quote]It is the debt that puts the club out of the reach of "people power" in a way, Mr. C.  That said, we now have a board half made up of new people, to an extent the revolution has already been televised.  We just have to let the new guys do what they can, while the old guard remain as figure-heads.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

Ever thought that if the "new owner" did not make so many mistakes then perhaps the amount needed extra year on year might not be so much?

[/quote]

Just about every club from the top 6 down relies upon extra money to be pumped in, regularly.  If fewer mistakes were made I have no doubt that more money would be available to the team.  We are where we are Butler.
[/quote]

Just remind me again where we are Blah. Two relegations and debt ballooned from 6m to over 19m. All during Delia''s reign. Land purchased at the peak of a property speculation bubble which we''re now shelling out huge interest payments and unlikely to see any return for years to come. All during Delia''s reign.

A long and sorry list of failed managers, an even longer list of departed backroom staff. A dumbing-down in the quality of the playing staff. All during Delia''s reign.

A drunken, rant from the touchline broadcast live to the nation making us the laughing-stock of the country. A hug to the manager after delivering us the worst home defeat in our history in the lowest league division for over fifty years. All during Delia''s reign.

There''s a constant here, Blah, if you''ve noticed it yet. Yes, we are where we are. And how did we get here, my friend?

We could go and blame it all on the players, but there''s very few of them left from our promotion-winning side. We could go and blame it on the managers and the backroom staff. But look at how many we''ve got through in the past few seasons and still the failure. Even the board has gone through degrees of turmoil since the mid-nineties. There are some who think it''s the fans'' fault for not getting behind the team, for goodness sake. Clutching at straws or what?

We are where we are because we have been managed by a pair of incompetents who are well past their sell-by-date. They are clinging on, I suspect, because they want to get back most of what they''ve put in. Which kind of puts lie to the theory that they''d give the club away if the right person came along. Well the right person did come along and they sent him away with a flea in his ear. And now we find ourselves where we are.

We are where we are? Well there are a lot of us who think that just isn''t good enough. That a team supported by twenty-five thousand paying punters should not be boxing below it''s weight. But when we''ve piled up the debt over the the past thirteen years, to over three times what is what when the Two took over control of our club, then it should come as no surprise that we can''t afford to make decent quality signings.

Of course, some might not realise how we come to be where we are, but that is because they just don''t want to see.

I think McNally was a great capture for the club and he probably has got what it takes to move us forward. But I still want Delia and her husband out because they will hold us back. No one is interested in investing. Absolutely not true. Perhaps the most trusted poster on this forum has already come forward to say that Delia has turned down approaches. Of course, she has. She wants her money back, or at least as much as she can get. And yet the work and his wife knows how valueless the shares are - go ask Nutty how much he could sell his shareholding for. Sorry but Delia''s shareholding has as much value as Nutty''s. Call a sentimental value if you wish. But there''s certainly no commercial value.

And until Delia realises that her shareholding is worthless then we''ll be where we are, scuffing around the lwer divisions for years to come. Think you''ll see Premiership football at City again in your lifetime if Delia remains in charge, Blah? 

It seems to me the arguing over saving the club/presiding are the downfall is a moot point.

Football, as is always pointed out, is a results driven business, so lets look at it like that.

The club is at it''s lowest position for near on 6 decades, after being at it''s highest 2 decades ago. This is not a success. Ultimately, the success or failure of any club lies with the people in charge. In this case, Delia and Michael. Simply, they haven''t been a success.

They need to sell.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Blahblahblah,

On the basis of his Sunderland work, I dont think Keane is realistic regarding player valuation.

Other clubs have got promoted to The Premiership on far less money.

[/quote]

I''ll give you that one, Tangy, may aswell ask the inhabitants of the local looney bin as ask Keane... [:)] 

Although, Joleon Lescott ?  24 million ?

W, T, and indeed F ?

[/quote]

Well the Binners dont seem to have learnt anything about the use of money, have they? It will end in tears for them.

Lescott £24m - amazing!

[quote user="Rock the Boat"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

Ever thought that if the "new owner" did not make so many mistakes then perhaps the amount needed extra year on year might not be so much?

[/quote]

Just about every club from the top 6 down relies upon extra money to be pumped in, regularly.  If fewer mistakes were made I have no doubt that more money would be available to the team.  We are where we are Butler.
[/quote]

Just remind me again where we are Blah. Two relegations and debt ballooned from 6m to over 19m. All during Delia''s reign. Land purchased at the peak of a property speculation bubble which we''re now shelling out huge interest payments and unlikely to see any return for years to come. All during Delia''s reign.

A long and sorry list of failed managers, an even longer list of departed backroom staff. A dumbing-down in the quality of the playing staff. All during Delia''s reign.

A drunken, rant from the touchline broadcast live to the nation making us the laughing-stock of the country. A hug to the manager after delivering us the worst home defeat in our history in the lowest league division for over fifty years. All during Delia''s reign.

There''s a constant here, Blah, if you''ve noticed it yet. Yes, we are where we are. And how did we get here, my friend?

We could go and blame it all on the players, but there''s very few of them left from our promotion-winning side. We could go and blame it on the managers and the backroom staff. But look at how many we''ve got through in the past few seasons and still the failure. Even the board has gone through degrees of turmoil since the mid-nineties. There are some who think it''s the fans'' fault for not getting behind the team, for goodness sake. Clutching at straws or what?

We are where we are because we have been managed by a pair of incompetents who are well past their sell-by-date. They are clinging on, I suspect, because they want to get back most of what they''ve put in. Which kind of puts lie to the theory that they''d give the club away if the right person came along. Well the right person did come along and they sent him away with a flea in his ear. And now we find ourselves where we are.

We are where we are? Well there are a lot of us who think that just isn''t good enough. That a team supported by twenty-five thousand paying punters should not be boxing below it''s weight. But when we''ve piled up the debt over the the past thirteen years, to over three times what is what when the Two took over control of our club, then it should come as no surprise that we can''t afford to make decent quality signings.

Of course, some might not realise how we come to be where we are, but that is because they just don''t want to see.

I think McNally was a great capture for the club and he probably has got what it takes to move us forward. But I still want Delia and her husband out because they will hold us back. No one is interested in investing. Absolutely not true. Perhaps the most trusted poster on this forum has already come forward to say that Delia has turned down approaches. Of course, she has. She wants her money back, or at least as much as she can get. And yet the work and his wife knows how valueless the shares are - go ask Nutty how much he could sell his shareholding for. Sorry but Delia''s shareholding has as much value as Nutty''s. Call a sentimental value if you wish. But there''s certainly no commercial value.

And until Delia realises that her shareholding is worthless then we''ll be where we are, scuffing around the lwer divisions for years to come. Think you''ll see Premiership football at City again in your lifetime if Delia remains in charge, Blah? 

[/quote]

Excellent question.

Blah?

OTBC

Well, thanks for that Rock the Boat.  A condescending history lesson, followed by an opinion on the motives of the majority shareholders, an "It''s not good enough" which forgets that football stadiums look so much nicer with 4 stands than 3 (although I''ll grant you the debt should only be twice as much, not three times), followed by a lack of realisation that you''ve already been given what you demand - D & M don''t appear to be involved in key decision making post-Gunn.  Look back at the Capital Canaries meeting commentary on this forum, and then the events that followed.  D & M were still backing Gunn up to a day or two before the "unanimous decision" to fire him.  If that doesn''t tell you where the land lies now, then no amount of words from me can.For the time, effort, and money of these "generous incompetents" (they may have failed but at least they have been trying) you want heads on poles, but you can''t afford the poles, the poles in this case being the price of their shares plus a guarantee on the loans.  Is that my fault ?  The tone of your post appears to suggest it might be... [:)]As for Premiership football, who knows ?  I think most of our fans would be happy being at the top end of the Championship, Lambert should be capable of that if backed properly.  Premiership requires different money though - One day our Arabic Prince may come ?  They did for Notts County...I look forward to your explanation of how you will bring Delia Smith to the understanding of the worthlessness of her shares.  It should be a good read.

Face, may I make a plea? Would you NOT include me in your statement that women over 50 in Norfolk are non footballing fans. Kindly remember I am now sadly included in that category. You have got me angry now, so you may have to deal with an angry woman over 50 next team we meet. lol. Unlike your stereotype I don''t believe in niceness, not where sport is concerned.

I agree with your points made about children and their introduction to football. Fortunately for mine, their first season was 91/92. Thank God for that I have thought many times. Must have been a hard job if their first match was under Bryan Hamilton. But don''t mention Mr Worthington, please!!

Nutty, if I remember I used Stringer and Brown and on a good day I might remember a bit of John Bond too. However the experience of watching football under Mike Walker, especially 92/93 is for me far and above anything produced by Mr Worthington.

I know the comeback by Mr Walker pales into comparison but have to say that all the best football in my opinion was BEFORE Delia. I count myself lucky enough to remember it. Worthington was the best of the managers who have been here since Delia came in, but sorry, he is nowhere near Mike Walker''s early nineties team in terms of achievement.

I know you will give me stick for years now, but it''s probably worth it!! The highs of Everton and Leeds away, especially and then the UEFA cup the following season. I doubt we will ever relive any of this and definitely not while Delia is still in situ!!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Good post, but it doesn`t make much sense to suggest that anyone would pay take a club over only to allow administration through lack of funds and then pretty much lose the lot.  Even a new owner hell-bent on making a profit has the same goals as the fans- success on the pitch- because that is where the money is.[/quote]

Is it conceivable that someone might take over the club, with a view to taking it into administration as a means of clearing the debts ?  Is this what Mr Bates did with Leeds ?  Or are we, with our land assets, in a different ball-park ?
[/quote]

Fair questions and tbh i really don`t know.  I THINK Bates took over after Leeds went into administration and he got in on the cheap.  I doubt going into admin. would be a viable tactic for any new owner as they would basically lose control over their investment, but i don`t really know what rules and regs kick in once the administrators are in.  In theory it seems to me that going into administration is basically proof that the owner cannot afford to keep the club afloat therefore perhaps the administrators have a duty to find new owners who can?  But then i doubt they can force anyone to sell their shares.....

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Nutty, if I remember I used Stringer and Brown and on a good day I might remember a bit of John Bond too. However the experience of watching football under Mike Walker, especially 92/93 is for me far and above anything produced by Mr Worthington. I know the comeback by Mr Walker pales into comparison but have to say that all the best football in my opinion was BEFORE Delia. I count myself lucky enough to remember it. Worthington was the best of the managers who have been here since Delia came in, but sorry, he is nowhere near Mike Walker''s early nineties team in terms of achievement. I know you will give me stick for years now, but it''s probably worth it!! The highs of Everton and Leeds away, especially and then the UEFA cup the following season. I doubt we will ever relive any of this and definitely not while Delia is still in situ!![/quote]

Gazza.. I saw all the great football that you did. I have to say that I hold a certain David Williams responsible for our best years. Before him John Bond and Ken Brown produced some fine teams as Walker did after. But I always maintain that the side in the late 80''s was even better than our early 90''s team. I  also believe that only the lack of a decent centre forward stopped us winning the double in ''89! If only Chris Sutton had come through a few years earlier!

Just a thought but if Walkers comeback effort was compromised by Delia then doesn''t that make Worthy''s efforts even more commendable in your eyes?[:P]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Mr Carrow - we are both "one of those people who believe what they want to believe". We both produce the facts to back up these beliefs. Neither of us makes those facts up. This in turn drags the focus away from football and I''m afraid the longer I look at those facts the more I believe that football failure is down to football errors of judgement. Anyway, this thread is not about that. It''s about getting Delia out of the club. You, I and I suspect Delia would all like to see a rich benefactor in her place. The difference is that you seem to want her out regardless. I repeat, it''s not fear of change or the unknown, it''s fear of the known. Administration is not just a 10 point penalty, tear it up and start again situation. It''s far more serious than that. When ipswich and leicester cheated their way out of financial trouble the rules were very different to what they are now.

[/quote]

Utter rubbish.  The fact that you repeat quotes from a year ago yet ignore more recent quotes which blatantly contradict them says it all.

"Fear of the known" hey?  Well all-knowing clairevoyant nutty, please pray tell exactly what would happen should Delia be persuaded to sell up?

[/quote]

I assume you mean the quote from the last AGM. I repeat it because i was in the room and heard it. Which more recent quote contradicts it?

I have no problem with Delia selling up. My problem is with her being hounded out. Do you not see the difference? For her to sell up there has to be a buyer. Even Cullum didn''t want that.Or so he said unless you have a more recent quote to contradict it.

[quote user="The Butler"]

The club is like a man with a gangrene leg.

Surgery is needed or he will die, but he puts it off because he is also frightened how he will manage with just one leg and if the replacement will work.

The devious duo have become like that leg, slowly poisoning our club.

Bandages and ointment are applied to disguise the infection but it is still there.

Bits of the leg have been removed, but the main infection still exists and while it does the whole is in danger.

At some point the surgeon is going to be needed or the whole body will die just because of fear of the removal of one part.

How the infection was caught or how good the leg has been becomes irrelevant.

[/quote]

If I had an infection in my leg I think I''d get professional advice Butler[:-*] I  don''t think I''d have the leg off on the advice of a consultant wannabe messageboard bod [:O][;)]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Face, may I make a plea? Would you NOT include me in your statement that women over 50 in Norfolk are non footballing fans. Kindly remember I am now sadly included in that category. [/quote]

I refuse to believe that gazzathegreat you look years younger than me !

You may have realised that it was slightly tongue in cheek and aimed at the ladies of Englad that now are Norwich City supporters purely because of that awfully nice lady Delia and as such cannot consider for a second that the woman''s well meaning incompetence (together with her appointees) has got us where we are today.

PS I have to mention Mr Worthington (such a nice family man) to highlight the recipe that got us where we are today, and to make sure Nutty keeps posting !

[quote user="face"]

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Face, may I make a plea? Would you NOT include me in your statement that women over 50 in Norfolk are non footballing fans. Kindly remember I am now sadly included in that category. [/quote]

I refuse to believe that gazzathegreat you look years younger than me !

You may have realised that it was slightly tongue in cheek and aimed at the ladies of Englad that now are Norwich City supporters purely because of that awfully nice lady Delia and as such cannot consider for a second that the woman''s well meaning incompetence (together with her appointees) has got us where we are today.

PS I have to mention Mr Worthington (such a nice family man) to highlight the recipe that got us where we are today, and to make sure Nutty keeps posting !

[/quote]

To quote Tangie (where are ya by the way - why are you ignoring me[:''(] )

WELL SAID!!

(Gazza certainly does look years yonger than you) [;)]

I bet you think people pay £400 a season just to get a glimpse of Delia.. don''t you [;)]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Mr Carrow - we are both "one of those people who believe what they want to believe". We both produce the facts to back up these beliefs. Neither of us makes those facts up. This in turn drags the focus away from football and I''m afraid the longer I look at those facts the more I believe that football failure is down to football errors of judgement. Anyway, this thread is not about that. It''s about getting Delia out of the club. You, I and I suspect Delia would all like to see a rich benefactor in her place. The difference is that you seem to want her out regardless. I repeat, it''s not fear of change or the unknown, it''s fear of the known. Administration is not just a 10 point penalty, tear it up and start again situation. It''s far more serious than that. When ipswich and leicester cheated their way out of financial trouble the rules were very different to what they are now.

[/quote]

Utter rubbish.  The fact that you repeat quotes from a year ago yet ignore more recent quotes which blatantly contradict them says it all.

"Fear of the known" hey?  Well all-knowing clairevoyant nutty, please pray tell exactly what would happen should Delia be persuaded to sell up?

[/quote]

I assume you mean the quote from the last AGM. I repeat it because i was in the room and heard it. Which more recent quote contradicts it?

I have no problem with Delia selling up. My problem is with her being hounded out. Do you not see the difference? For her to sell up there has to be a buyer. Even Cullum didn''t want that.Or so he said unless you have a more recent quote to contradict it.

[/quote]

"Debating" with you is like arguing the toss with a truculant 8-year old.  As i`ve already posted on this thread, read the reports of the capital canaries meeting and pay particular attention to Delias answer to the question "Is the club up for sale?".

If enough supporters make it clear that their time is up, it needn`t come to "hounding out" but as you apparently have a "fear of the known" i`m still waiting to hear what you know will happen if they are persuaded to leave?  Come on, no need to be shy......

[quote]If enough supporters make it clear that their time is up, it needn`t

come to "hounding out" but as you apparently have a "fear of the known"

i`m still waiting to hear what you know will happen if they are

persuaded to leave?  Come on, no need to be shy......[/quote]If enough fans do want them out, then there should be no problem with arranging a "red card" demonstration against them at a home match then.  That would be your acid test I would venture.  Only thing is, who would be willing to organise such a thing ?  And would people be willing to object so openly to a board who have just provided a new manager with a decent record at this level ?

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

"Debating" with you is like arguing the toss with a truculant 8-year old.  As i`ve already posted on this thread, read the reports of the capital canaries meeting and pay particular attention to Delias answer to the question "Is the club up for sale?".

If enough supporters make it clear that their time is up, it needn`t come to "hounding out" but as you apparently have a "fear of the known" i`m still waiting to hear what you know will happen if they are persuaded to leave?  Come on, no need to be shy......

[/quote]

Where are these reports for me to read Mr Carrow? I suppose you think if you use words like "Truculent 8 year old" others won''t examine the rest of your post for anything relevant to the debate.

If Smith&Jones sell up then what will happen will depend upon who buys them out. It could be better, it could be worse. If they are hounded out then the club would surely go into administration. Lets make it very clear - I have nothing against them selling but would reserve judgement on the new owners until I knew about them. I would be happy if they were better. Much like I would have had no problem with Worthington going if he had been replaced by someone better. Oh, but I forgot... anyone would be better than Worthy and I suppose anyone would be better than Smith&Jones.

Nutty, Delias answer to the question was "Not for sale, no" as replicated in Purples latest Cullum report, but just ignore it- i know you`re well practised at that.

Your last paragraph is basically an admission that you are scared of change and the unknown.  We will NEVER truly know the plans and motives of any owner and that applies to Delia as much as anyone else, but the fact that you admit that what happens depends on "who buys them out" but that the club would "surely go into administration" shows the usual bizarre logic and paranoia. 

anyone would be better than Worthy and I suppose anyone would be better than Smith&Jones.

I never thought I would ever read that from you Nutty[:D]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]If enough supporters make it clear that their time is up, it needn`t come to "hounding out" but as you apparently have a "fear of the known" i`m still waiting to hear what you know will happen if they are persuaded to leave?  Come on, no need to be shy......[/quote]

If enough fans do want them out, then there should be no problem with arranging a "red card" demonstration against them at a home match then.  That would be your acid test I would venture.  Only thing is, who would be willing to organise such a thing ?  And would people be willing to object so openly to a board who have just provided a new manager with a decent record at this level ?
[/quote]

I`ve already accepted your "bimbling along" prediction blah and there will be no mass demonstrations and no red cards- even if we get relegated again or go into administration.  "Nice" is all that counts in these parts and in general life this is a positive thing i find- but my football club means more to me than excusing ego-centric incompetents for ruining it on the basis that they "meant well". 

Incidently, would you hold up a red card given the chance?