Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

The "Delia Out" Campaign

I note that this campaign is on-going despite the new season and all that has happened with the changes on the Board (and now manager).  I cannot understand what "fans" have against Delia?  She came in with money to save the Club and I''m sure is now happy to take a back seat and let others on the Board do the work.  Obviously she was involved with the managerial appointments but not on her own.  The vitriol seems completely unwarrented.  So what if Delia does decide to resign from the Board?  She could call in her loans and where would that leave the Club?  In administration or worse.  It''s just like the "Sack the Board" brigade.  So, the Board is sacked, then what?  Someone has to run the Club.  Hopefully the new Board members will do this to enable the Club to get back to the Championship at least.

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]

I note that this campaign is on-going despite the new season and all that has happened with the changes on the Board (and now manager).  I cannot understand what "fans" have against Delia?  She came in with money to save the Club and I''m sure is now happy to take a back seat and let others on the Board do the work.  Obviously she was involved with the managerial appointments but not on her own.  The vitriol seems completely unwarrented.  So what if Delia does decide to resign from the Board?  She could call in her loans and where would that leave the Club?  In administration or worse.  It''s just like the "Sack the Board" brigade.  So, the Board is sacked, then what?  Someone has to run the Club.  Hopefully the new Board members will do this to enable the Club to get back to the Championship at least.

[/quote]13 years 1 successful season nuff said

Administration. Please God let it happen.

As discussed on 400 threads on here. Norwich would not dissapear form existence. A new owner could do no worse.

Altho Peter Cullum said he has no interest in investing at this time, he has also said he wouldn''t see Norwich go to the wall. I bet you he wouldn''t be the only person interested in buying Norwich from the administrators. It seems that almost every club of our size or bigger who has gone into admin, is now doing better than us. How can anyone argue that it is a bad thing?

Anyway, where are all these Delia lovers coming from?

The "Delia Lovers" as you describe people are the SILENT MAJORITY who don''t rant and rave on this message board about everything and anything,  never making any constructive comments or arguments.

The so-called "Delia lovers" are the SILENT MAJORITY who do not come on this message board and rant and rave about anything and everything, never having a sensible point to make or argument to put forward.

[quote]Norwich would not dissapear form existence. A new owner could do no worse.[/quote]I seem to remember people saying about Worthington, that a new manager could do no worse...

Well I don''t know who you associate with to come to the conclusion that Delia is so unpopular as that would not be the view of the supporters that I know - and I do know quite a lot! 

[quote user="Downloads"]

As discussed on 400 threads on here. Norwich would not dissapear form existence. A new owner could do no worse.

Altho Peter Cullum said he has no interest in investing at this time, he has also said he wouldn''t see Norwich go to the wall. I bet you he wouldn''t be the only person interested in buying Norwich from the administrators. It seems that almost every club of our size or bigger who has gone into admin, is now doing better than us. How can anyone argue that it is a bad thing?

[/quote]You do not know that for sure, I''m no delia lover but it''s not a risk I''m prepared to take nor should it be for you, If there was a 1 in 10000 chance we would disappear i''d not take the gamble

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Norwich would not dissapear form existence. A new owner could do no worse.[/quote]I seem to remember people saying about Worthington, that a new manager could do no worse...[/quote] And we are still waiting for a manager to be appointed since Worthington left , who knows maybe third time lucky.

i have only started posting on this negative board because the fans are being misrepresented by a vocal minority of angry people. not premier league champs- nuff said. not league champs- nuff said.not div one - we know. constructive ideas please not more vitriol. you may as well demand that we are all made millionaires and given a small republic to run. new board. new manager. new squad.  do you not understand? nuff said. otbc

Delias right up against it now , she upset the vast majority by appointing Gunn and now shes upset those that did support the decision by firing him . You really couldnt make it up :-)

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

Downloads - are you for real?  Are you a binner in disguise?  I want to see IPSWICH go into Administration, not Norwich.  Look at Southampton - OK it worked out in the end but it nearly didnt and theres no guarantees it would for us.  One of these days a club will go into Administration and not make it through.  It happened to Aldershot, it happened to Workington, it happened to Newport County.  And if we go into Admin it could happen to us

Even if we got rid of DS, what guarantees that any new owner would be any better?  Im not defending her here (although I did get to meet her last season - had the chance of tagging along with the Matchball sponsor) although I think she''s a fundementally decent person that just thinks that shes doing the right thing.  Multimillion or Billionaires are not generally people that listen to majority opinion - which is how they make their money.  Look at Briatore and Ecclestone at QPR - pots of money but no promotion and the fans treated like dirt - huge hikes in ticket prices.  Would Cullum come in?  Possibly.  Would Cullum be any better?  Possibly - but likely not.  He''s a BUSINESSMAN - not a FOOTBALL man

With regards to Delia lovers, silent or not I think that - up to now at least - yes they are the majority.  19,000 season ticket holders and protests made up of - what was it last Saturday - 200?  I think the the landscape is changing however those that support DS are still a majority - most of them dont probably use MBs which is why you never hear from them. 

[quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

You do not know that for sure, I''m no delia lover but it''s not a risk I''m prepared to take nor should it be for you, If there was a 1 in 10000 chance we would disappear i''d not take the gamble
[/quote]

I''m afraid foggo that its an attitude like that which gets you nowhere in life. Nobody got anywhere without taking a few risks. Grow some balls and go for it. Something good might happen. And if the absolute worst happened we could always build again from scratch.

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]Well I don''t know who you associate with to come to the conclusion that Delia is so unpopular as that would not be the view of the supporters that I know - and I do know quite a lot! [/quote]

If you took a vote amongst the 24,000 fans I think you''d find that she''d be unpopular with a majority of people. Our club is a shambles at the moment and its Delia  who has got us into this mess by appointing Grant, Roeder and then Gunn. She''s also put prudence before ambition, refused to price the club reasonably and won''t let any investors in if it means losing her majority share.

I''d stick to talking about netball if I was you Myra [:)]

P.S. Who do you blame for the mess the club is in??

[quote user="CaptnCanary"][quote user="foggo7"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

You do not know that for sure, I''m no delia lover but it''s not a risk I''m prepared to take nor should it be for you, If there was a 1 in 10000 chance we would disappear i''d not take the gamble
[/quote]

I''m afraid foggo that its an attitude like that which gets you nowhere in life. Nobody got anywhere without taking a few risks. Grow some balls and go for it. Something good might happen. And if the absolute worst happened we could always build again from scratch.

[/quote]

WTF?  Are you trying to be funny?  You think that building from scratch in the Ryman league is going to be easier than rebuilding from where we are?  Its bad enough losing 7-1 in the league to Colchester, it would be even worse if it was Lowestoft Town.  Go back to Portman Road and come back when you have something sensible to say

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

P.S. Who do you blame for the mess the club is in??

The French....

[/quote]

Easy target (and I cant remember which film quoted this so the irony is partially lost on me - sorry).  Lets blame the Germans, Neil Warnock, Neil Doncaster, anyone else called Neil.....and the French

[quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]That''s a pretty dismissive way of looking at it and also factually incorrect.We could be sold to someone who asset strips the club, sells the ground, moved us to a nice little 10000 all seater rented stadium just outside Swaffham more befitting a League 1 side.Not saying it''s likely, but it''s far from impossible and renders your assumption b*ll*cks.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Downloads"]

[/quote]

That''s a pretty dismissive way of looking at it and also factually incorrect.
We could be sold to someone who asset strips the club, sells the ground, moved us to a nice little 10000 all seater rented stadium just outside Swaffham more befitting a League 1 side.

Not saying it''s likely, but it''s far from impossible and renders your assumption b*ll*cks.
[/quote]

Swaffham would be easier to get to for me - and no battling with shoppers traffic on the way out of the city....

Myra

In reply to your original post, this campaign as you term it, has been going on long before this season, some of us have seen the light many years back. How long is it now? That depends on who you hold responsible for the demise of our once great club. How much longer do we allow this couple to continue on their long and checkered path to meddle in /save/destroy (depending on your viewpoint all things NCFC? A year, five years, forever? How long realistically do you suppose NCFC have if Delia''s regime carries on much longer, given the evidence of the past five years or so?

"Fans" by which you mean I take it, those who are not swallowed up in the much maligned myth that she saved the club, are entitled to have opinions and state them freely. That is the point of a message board. When exactly did Delia save the club, and from what? Watling baled out the club in its time of need, not Delia. Since then she''s accumulated shares by converting her much publicised loans to end up with over 60% of the shareholding. Along the way she''s seen a revolving door full of managers, a couple of good ones, mostly indifferent, incompetent and where are we? Division Three, that''s League One in new money. So what do we have? Diminished league status, increasing debt and fans divided. What good has come of it? Large crowds. Fine, but examine even that a touch more closely and you will find a percentage of them to be very cheap concessions in family areas. The fact most of us are loyal is a mute point. You don''t become loyal (or a fan) just because you agree or worship at the feet of Ms Smith.

As the crowds have increased paradoxically our expectations have gone down. Now we have 25,000 crowds we are expected to be grateful to beat Yeovil in the cup and thank our lucky stars we got a draw today against Exeter. Quality in opposition down, quality in players down. And before you ask, my expectations are a mighty bit higher than hoping to get back to the Championship.

We are now back where we were 50 years ago. I am sorry Myra but what exactly should I be grateful for Delia for? Saving the club? Hardly, she''s all but destroyed it.

So onto whether she would call in her loans. I doubt it. She wants to sell (so we are led to believe). Eventually we assume someone will pay the price she''s prepared to accept for the shares and she will relinquish her control. Just how long have we waited? She can''t resign as she''s not a paid director. She has to either sell or appoint someone to act for her. Perhaps in hindsight she should have done it from the start as she has made so many disastrous decisions (have any of them been based on football knowledge or sound business sense?) it''s impossible almost to count them and unpalatable to consider them in a sober frame of mind.

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]The "Delia Lovers" as you describe people are the SILENT MAJORITY who don''t rant and rave on this message board about everything and anything,  never making any constructive comments or arguments.[/quote]

Oh FFS, please forgive me. I will forget that the fanbase this club has should see us at the bottom of the premiership and will be content with our place struggling in League One. Currently some 48 accumulative (roughly) places below where we should be.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I seem to remember people saying about Worthington, that a new manager could do no worse...
[/quote]

If you think a new owner could take a club of this size lower than League One (cos lets face it, we are in the relegation places at the moment and just lost at home and struggled away to one of the crappest teams in this league), then i bow to your superior knowledge.

[quote user="foggo7"]You do not know that for sure, I''m no delia lover but it''s not a risk I''m prepared to take nor should it be for you, If there was a 1 in 10000 chance we would disappear i''d not take the gamble
[/quote]

Sounds like fantastic odds to me, i would take that bet every time. (Cue calls of me being a binner)

[quote user="bristolcanary"]i have only started posting on this negative board because the fans are being misrepresented by a vocal minority of angry people. not premier league champs- nuff said. not league champs- nuff said.not div one - we know. constructive ideas please not more vitriol. you may as well demand that we are all made millionaires and given a small republic to run. new board. new manager. new squad.  do you not understand? nuff said. otbc
[/quote]

Actually, i don''t understand at all. Millionaires? Republic? What?

Didn''t have any problem with Gunn, don''t have any problem with the squad, only Delia and where she has taken our club.

Calling me the vocal minority is quite funny. As my resident stalker Shyster likes to remind me, i was one of the positive ones pre-season. Oh how quickly that changed.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Downloads - are you for real?  Are you a binner in disguise?  I want to see IPSWICH go into Administration, not Norwich.  Look at Southampton - OK it worked out in the end but it nearly didnt and theres no guarantees it would for us.  One of these days a club will go into Administration and not make it through.  It happened to Aldershot, it happened to Workington, it happened to Newport County.  And if we go into Admin it could happen to us

Even if we got rid of DS, what guarantees that any new owner would be any better?  Im not defending her here (although I did get to meet her last season - had the chance of tagging along with the Matchball sponsor) although I think she''s a fundementally decent person that just thinks that shes doing the right thing.  Multimillion or Billionaires are not generally people that listen to majority opinion - which is how they make their money.  Look at Briatore and Ecclestone at QPR - pots of money but no promotion and the fans treated like dirt - huge hikes in ticket prices.  Would Cullum come in?  Possibly.  Would Cullum be any better?  Possibly - but likely not.  He''s a BUSINESSMAN - not a FOOTBALL man

With regards to Delia lovers, silent or not I think that - up to now at least - yes they are the majority.  19,000 season ticket holders and protests made up of - what was it last Saturday - 200?  I think the the landscape is changing however those that support DS are still a majority - most of them dont probably use MBs which is why you never hear from them. 

[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, yeah, i''m a binner blah blah blah. Err, go do one.

Ipswich did go into administration!!!!! Look at them!!! They are in the league above us and have someone with ambition and money. And as already stated, Peter Cullum has already said he wouldn''t see Norwich dissapear, and i don''t doubt that.

Delia isn''t a football woman and nor is she a business woman. She made her money by cooking and negotiating her contracts for TV and her books etc.. Cullum at least made his money by running a business on a sound financial basis and is very ruthless. His contracts with Aviva are nothing short of genius and leaves the liability with them whilst taking lots of profit. Do i sound like someone who knows something now and not just a keyboard warrior? I can explain more about his business if you like?

You''re right about the majority though, but i''m not sure what it would take for them to protest to be honest. Another relegation? Who knows.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]WTF?  Are you trying to be funny?  You think that building from scratch in the Ryman league is going to be easier than rebuilding from where we are?  Its bad enough losing 7-1 in the league to Colchester, it would be even worse if it was Lowestoft Town.  Go back to Portman Road and come back when you have something sensible to say[/quote]

Who said we would be in the Ryman League?? Another person accusing us of being binners, it''s such a great and intelligent argument.

[quote user="Herb"]That''s a pretty dismissive way of looking at it and also factually incorrect.
We could be sold to someone who asset strips the club, sells the ground, moved us to a nice little 10000 all seater rented stadium just outside Swaffham more befitting a League 1 side.

Not saying it''s likely, but it''s far from impossible and renders your assumption b*ll*cks.
[/quote]

I was only giving my opinion - Of course a new owner could do worse, but i doubt it.

Also the chances of someone buying the club for millions and asset stripping it and expecting a profit, would be very unlikely. Would a millionaire really go to that trouble and want that trouble from the fans and like i say, would they really make enough money to have made it worthwhile? And would that person pass the fit and proper test for a new owner? So to me, altho you think my assumption is b*ll*cks, i just generally think yours is more b*ll*cks.

------

By the way, good post gazzathegreat

------

My return.... the fanbase we have should see us somewhere near the bottom of the premiership which would mean we should should be a club that flip flops between the Premiership and Championship. Not floundering at the bottom of League One. Okay, it''s only 2 games, we could still get promoted. But even if we were to return to the Championship, with our players and zero capacity to spend, how are we going to make an assult on getting promoted in the Championship and how are we going to attract the player we need when we have just been in League One and have no money. It''s unlikely that we will tho not impossible, tho its more hoping for the best rather than actually having a plan that will see us get there.

What are we going to do about the 20mil of debt millstone around Norwich''s neck? You are aware that this debt is going to increase aren''t you? By the sounds of what Delia said last week, if we don''t get promoted then the debt won''t be allowed to be increased by the banks and Delia stated she has a plans to deal with the increasing debt.

Taken from the Capital Canaries AGM thread:

Question : Are we close to administration ?

DS : We''ll fight the fire. We own 30% of the hotel when sold and there are plans in place if the banks come calling

Sounds like she''s half expecting them to come calling considering they have plans in place already? All we have to look forward to under Delia is that if we don''t get promoted (which is looking less likely than i thought it would be, still see us being in the top 2? Leeds and Charlton, 2 of our biggest rivals already 5 points ahead of us), that she will LOAN Norwich more money just to maintain our existence in League One or sell its Aassets.

You know i really could go on all day, but i won''t as i fear i have gone on enough already.

[quote user="Freebie City F.C."]Delias right up against it now , she upset the vast majority by appointing Gunn and now shes upset those that did support the decision by firing him . You really couldnt make it up :-) [/quote]It is quite astonishing! It is the inability to back your own judgement that amazes me. Surely there must have been some form of boardroom showdown?

Great post gazzathegreat, we missed you on here whilst you were having your summer break [:)]

I can''t believe there are still people like Myra who can''t see what Delia is doing to this club of ours and look forward to her response.

Myra you must be on one hell of a wind-up if you can''t see how rubbish we have been with her at the tiller.

Get out of my club,

"We know nothing about football"

"lots of lovely new investment"

"if we do another book and series we might be able to buy another striker"

[quote user="Downloads"]

[quote user="Myra Hawtree"]The "Delia Lovers" as you describe people are the SILENT MAJORITY who don''t rant and rave on this message board about everything and anything,  never making any constructive comments or arguments.[/quote]

Oh FFS, please forgive me. I will forget that the fanbase this club has should see us at the bottom of the premiership and will be content with our place struggling in League One. Currently some 48 accumulative (roughly) places below where we should be.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I seem to remember people saying about Worthington, that a new manager could do no worse...
[/quote]

If you think a new owner could take a club of this size lower than League One (cos lets face it, we are in the relegation places at the moment and just lost at home and struggled away to one of the crappest teams in this league), then i bow to your superior knowledge.

[quote user="foggo7"]You do not know that for sure, I''m no delia lover but it''s not a risk I''m prepared to take nor should it be for you, If there was a 1 in 10000 chance we would disappear i''d not take the gamble
[/quote]

Sounds like fantastic odds to me, i would take that bet every time. (Cue calls of me being a binner)

[quote user="bristolcanary"]i have only started posting on this negative board because the fans are being misrepresented by a vocal minority of angry people. not premier league champs- nuff said. not league champs- nuff said.not div one - we know. constructive ideas please not more vitriol. you may as well demand that we are all made millionaires and given a small republic to run. new board. new manager. new squad.  do you not understand? nuff said. otbc
[/quote]

Actually, i don''t understand at all. Millionaires? Republic? What?

Didn''t have any problem with Gunn, don''t have any problem with the squad, only Delia and where she has taken our club.

Calling me the vocal minority is quite funny. As my resident stalker Shyster likes to remind me, i was one of the positive ones pre-season. Oh how quickly that changed.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]Downloads - are you for real?  Are you a binner in disguise?  I want to see IPSWICH go into Administration, not Norwich.  Look at Southampton - OK it worked out in the end but it nearly didnt and theres no guarantees it would for us.  One of these days a club will go into Administration and not make it through.  It happened to Aldershot, it happened to Workington, it happened to Newport County.  And if we go into Admin it could happen to us

[/quote]

Yeah, yeah, yeah, i''m a binner blah blah blah. Err, go do one.

Ipswich did go into administration!!!!! Look at them!!! They are in the league above us and have someone with ambition and money. And as already stated, Peter Cullum has already said he wouldn''t see Norwich dissapear, and i don''t doubt that.

Delia isn''t a football woman and nor is she a business woman. She made her money by cooking and negotiating her contracts for TV and her books etc.. Cullum at least made his money by running a business on a sound financial basis and is very ruthless. His contracts with Aviva are nothing short of genius and leaves the liability with them whilst taking lots of profit. Do i sound like someone who knows something now and not just a keyboard warrior? I can explain more about his business if you like?

You''re right about the majority though, but i''m not sure what it would take for them to protest to be honest. Another relegation? Who knows.

[quote user="Barclay hero"]WTF?  Are you trying to be funny?  You think that building from scratch in the Ryman league is going to be easier than rebuilding from where we are?  Its bad enough losing 7-1 in the league to Colchester, it would be even worse if it was Lowestoft Town.  Go back to Portman Road and come back when you have something sensible to say[/quote]

Who said we would be in the Ryman League?? Another person accusing us of being binners, it''s such a great and intelligent argument.

[quote user="Herb"]That''s a pretty dismissive way of looking at it and also factually incorrect.

[/quote]

I was only giving my opinion - Of course a new owner could do worse, but i doubt it.

Also the chances of someone buying the club for millions and asset stripping it and expecting a profit, would be very unlikely. Would a millionaire really go to that trouble and want that trouble from the fans and like i say, would they really make enough money to have made it worthwhile? And would that person pass the fit and proper test for a new owner? So to me, altho you think my assumption is b*ll*cks, i just generally think yours is more b*ll*cks.

------

By the way, good post gazzathegreat

------

My return.... the fanbase we have should see us somewhere near the bottom of the premiership which would mean we should should be a club that flip flops between the Premiership and Championship. Not floundering at the bottom of League One. Okay, it''s only 2 games, we could still get promoted. But even if we were to return to the Championship, with our players and zero capacity to spend, how are we going to make an assult on getting promoted in the Championship and how are we going to attract the player we need when we have just been in League One and have no money. It''s unlikely that we will tho not impossible, tho its more hoping for the best rather than actually having a plan that will see us get there.

What are we going to do about the 20mil of debt millstone around Norwich''s neck? You are aware that this debt is going to increase aren''t you? By the sounds of what Delia said last week, if we don''t get promoted then the debt won''t be allowed to be increased by the banks and Delia stated she has a plans to deal with the increasing debt.

Taken from the Capital Canaries AGM thread:

Question : Are we close to administration ?

DS : We''ll fight the fire. We own 30% of the hotel when sold and there are plans in place if the banks come calling

Sounds like she''s half expecting them to come calling considering they have plans in place already? All we have to look forward to under Delia is that if we don''t get promoted (which is looking less likely than i thought it would be, still see us being in the top 2? Leeds and Charlton, 2 of our biggest rivals already 5 points ahead of us), that she will LOAN Norwich more money just to maintain our existence in League One or sell its Aassets.

You know i really could go on all day, but i won''t as i fear i have gone on enough already.

[/quote]

Excellent stuff Download, how anyone can think that woman has done anything but harm to the club is beyond me. She may well be trying to help the club with handouts (loans) but if it wasn''t for her and her fellow directors utter incompetence especially when employing managers we wouldn''t be in the deep poo we now find ourselves in.

Your point about getting to the championship with her still in charge and not having money to invest in better players is also a good one, under her leadership we''d be far more likely to come back down again than get promoted. That woman is a spent force at this club and the sooner she goes the better, maybe then we can begin to recover from this horrible mess we''re in.

Some people are so far up Delias arse its unbelievable!!! You dont get it do you, shes already said she cant compete with other clubs because footballs a money game, if you cant afford it go. Some fans have got all cosy with her after siting with her at matches...its pathetic...losing to Ipswish and then spotting queen Delia and singing Delias barmy army, you should be ashamed for supporting her mate. 2 relegations in 4 seasons, 6 managers in 4 seasons, yet who reamins at the club? Your darling wonderful Delia. You are the type that belive Delia saved this club single handed..myth after myth has been created from taking the Credit for signing Huckerby when it was really thanks to Carl Moore, to believing shes a l;ifelong fan...funny that I cant think of any other lifelong NCFC fans who wear Ipswich scarfs and rosettes and cheer them to victory in the FA Cup final???????????

C''mon then Myra, answer our posts and tell us why you don''t think that Delia is responsible for the shambles our club is in and the reasons why you want her to stay.

[quote user="cityangel"]C''mon then Myra, answer our posts and tell us why you don''t think that Delia is responsible for the shambles our club is in and the reasons why you want her to stay.[/quote]

Errr, she "saved the club" apparently.  People like Myra probably don`t know who Geoffrey Watling and Gordon Bennett are.....

I resent being accused of not knowing who Geoffrey Watling and Gordon Bennett are after being a supporter of the Club for 55 years!!  You have to take the rough with the smooth and so many of today''s supporters have been spoiled over recent years and don''t know what it''s like to be struggling in the lower leagues!!  Perhaps we have gone backwards 50 years but all clubs have their good times and bad times.  Look at Burnley and all the years they have struggled in the lower leagues after being a great Club in the 60s but they are now in the Prem.  Everything comes to those who wait.   I just cannot understand why people seem to blame Delia for everything that has happened?  She is just one member of the Board and can be out-voted?  I cannot believe any decisions have been made by her alone.  I stick to my opinion that the vociferous few and those who regularly post on this board are in the minority wanting "Delia Out".  Most posters on here (except for me) are of the younger generation I think and it''s the older fans who do not have this hatred of Delia.

PS - Unfortunately cannot play netball now as have had a hip replacement!!!!